#21 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 February 2022 - 11:15 PM

years ago, I took my sons to a card show where Moose and Billy Ripken where signing.  

My youngest, probably about 7 or 8 who was very shy, managed to tell them they were his 2 favorite players,  Moose was first, he signed without even looking up.  Billy seemed to realize that my son was disappointed and got up and high fives him. and thanked him.  At that point, Moose extended his hand.and smiled.  i did not think moose was rude, but different for sure

• Mackus likes this
@mikeghg

#22 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 10:07 AM

Billy Ripken is a tough point of comparison for anybody in terms of being outgoing and entertaining with strangers (including fans).  I'm surprised he's not a college coach somewhere, seems to me like he'd be able to connect instantly with young players and be a terrific recruiter.  Billy and former Terps assistant Jimmy Patsos have always reminded me of each other in their exuberant baseline personality.  

• Mike B likes this

#23 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 February 2022 - 02:24 PM

Billy Ripken is a tough point of comparison for anybody in terms of being outgoing and entertaining with strangers (including fans).  I'm surprised he's not a college coach somewhere, seems to me like he'd be able to connect instantly with young players and be a terrific recruiter.  Billy and former Terps assistant Jimmy Patsos have always reminded me of each other in their exuberant baseline personality.  

I have seen Billy and Cal run clinics for the kids.  Billy, by far is more outgoing and has a better reach with kids.

The Billy and Jimmy Patsos comparison is a good one.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=