#261 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:21 PM

It's really okay.

The shame is that they won enough games to get themselves a meh draft pick.

#262 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:21 PM

We already talked about this. I understand and share Lamar concerns. I dont think looking at the 3 full games he played starting with Miami were some indicitement on how he was going to finish the year.

I think it’s a moot point anyway, and not worthy of even discussing. I just don’t need all the Huntley criticism when the guy he’s backing up led the NFL in turnovers. It’s not warranted or necessary.

#263 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:23 PM

At the end of the Cleveland game thread (or near) I listed all the insane offensive game plans (or pass/run balance) AND blown leads that have actually or practically ended Ravens seasons during Harbaugh's tenure.

You can likely add today's 9 point lead, with the ball, at home, late third quarter to the laundry list of choke jobs under his watch.

I'm so, so done with him.

Know the situation, feel the game, understand what's going on in front of your eyes. End of the first half, NO GOOD REASON to throw that ball like that. Run and burn clock, make the Rams use all their TOs if they want to, at worst pin them deep with no TOs and a 10 point lead.

Then on 3rd and goal from the 4 yard line late 4th... acting like he's never seen the Ravens defense surrender a late score, not really remembering how easily they moved the ball in most of the second half aside from the fumble, Mr. Aggressive THEN decides to be conservative. And what's UNFORGIVABLE is allowing the play clock to run out and taking a delay of game. That's completely unacceptable in that situation. Completely. If there was EVER a scenario where 4 downs was the way to go even with a lead, THAT was it. Call a time-out, don't give up the 5 yards, and go two plays for 6.

I'd kill for a new game day decision maker.

#264 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,395 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:24 PM

Because the Lamar that was awful for several games before the injury and led the league in turnovers is still fresh in my mind. Love the guy, but It’s true. It’s just hard not being a total homer around here.

1 of which he won btw though yes he played poorly in the game. Wasnt even that bad in Pitt.

#265 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:24 PM

He can be Tayloresque. Which is great as a backup.

Didn't he make the all-pro team before the needle mishap? That's a bit better than a backup.

#266 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,395 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:25 PM

I think it’s a moot point anyway, and not worthy of even discussing. I just don’t need all the Huntley criticism when the guy he’s backing up led the NFL in turnovers. It’s not warranted or necessary.

Hes not Lamar despite Lamar having a bad stretch. Thats all Im saying. If its more than that its directed at any idiots that think handing him the keys over Lamar is some realistic or smart idea.

#267 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:26 PM

1 of which he won btw though yes he played poorly in the game. Wasnt even that bad in Pitt.

You’re arguing with yourself because like 2 people on the planet think Huntley is better. Lol, have fun man.

#268 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:26 PM

Debate everything else all you want, allowing the delay of game there at the end... His responsibility. And it's a constant problem under his watch.

#269 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,395 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:27 PM

At the end of the Cleveland game thread (or near) I listed all the insane offensive game plans (or pass/run balance) AND blown leads that have actually or practically ended Ravens seasons during Harbaugh's tenure.

You can likely add today's 9 point lead, with the ball, at home, late third quarter to the laundry list of choke jobs under his watch.

I'm so, so done with him.

Know the situation, feel the game, understand what's going on in front of your eyes. End of the first half, NO GOOD REASON to throw that ball like that. Run and burn clock, make the Rams use all their TOs if they want to, at worst pin them deep with no TOs and a 10 point lead.

Then on 3rd and goal from the 4 yard line late 4th... acting like he's never seen the Ravens defense surrender a late score, not really remembering how easily they moved the ball in most of the second half aside from the fumble, Mr. Aggressive THEN decides to be conservative. And what's UNFORGIVABLE is allowing the play clock to run out and taking a delay of game. That's completely unacceptable in that situation. Completely. If there was EVER a scenario where 4 downs was the way to go even with a lead, THAT was it. Call a time-out, don't give up the 5 yards, and go two plays for 6.

I'd kill for a new game day decision maker.

I got bad news for you. Like really bad news. Like hes got as much job security in this league as anyone bad news
  • Mackus likes this

#270 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:27 PM

Hes not Lamar despite Lamar having a bad stretch. Thats all Im saying. If its more than that its directed at any idiots that think handing him the keys over Lamar is some realistic or smart idea.

Of course. But it doesn’t even need to be said, and not in a way that goes after Huntley who has done as good a job as you could ask in relief given the circumstances. Bad coaching decisions led to some of these losses, but that’s a whole other can of worms that I refuse to discuss any further.

#271 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,395 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:28 PM

Didn't he make the all-pro team before the needle mishap? That's a bit better than a backup.

No way he was All Pro. He.may have made a Pro Bowl but that doesnt necessarily mean anything anymore

#272 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:30 PM

After you factor in the carnage of injuries, its still remarkable to me that they still had playoff aspirations coming into today. They over achieved for most of the season but reality finally caught up to them. Still, outside of the Bengals games, they fought and clawed to the end of most games and their heart can never be questioned. They simply don't have enough talent on the field.
  • Bmore Irish and JStruds like this

#273 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,395 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:30 PM

Of course. But it doesn’t even need to be said, and not in a way that goes after Huntley who has done as good a job as you could ask in relief given the circumstances. Bad coaching decisions led to some of these losses, but that’s a whole other can of worms that I refuse to discuss any further.

All I said was Lamar gave us a better chance the last 4 weeks. I stand fully by that opinion. You came in on that post.

Ive said numerous times Huntley is a good backup. Yeah I also said he lacks ideal arm strength. An obvious observation

#274 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:32 PM

No way he was All Pro. He.may have made a Pro Bowl but that doesnt necessarily mean anything anymore

You're right. Pro bowl in 2015. Still, in limited action, I think Huntley is better. And, please, do not read that as:keep Huntley, drop Lamar

#275 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:33 PM

I got bad news for you. Like really bad news. Like hes got as much job security in this league as anyone bad news

I know. Doesn't change a thing. His decisions help the Ravens fall short just about every year. Today will be another page in that book most likely.

#276 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:35 PM

I don't remember much about Taylor, but I think he probably had a bit more arm strength. Huntley is a great backup, but I'm not sure many teams would hand him a starting job.

#277 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:36 PM

So. Do we now act like Army/Navy and think: beat the Steelers and a bad season doesn't totally suck. Or, do we hope for one slot better in the draft?

#278 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:37 PM

Ok, so who here is smart enough to figure out the miracle scenario it would take for the Ravens to sneak in as the 7th seed with a win next week? I'm half kidding because it won't matter even if they do, but I'd much rather see them finish the season with some pride and send Ben packing on a low note than pack it in. I doubt one more loss is moving the needle much for their draft position.

#279 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:37 PM

So. Do we now act like Army/Navy and think: beat the Steelers and a bad season doesn't totally suck. Or, do we hope for one slot better in the draft?

It’s Ben’s last game ever. Totally want to win

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#280 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,395 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:38 PM

Depends on if the Steelers have playoff hopes and how many draft spots we could potentially gain losing. By.next week Ill prob just want to beat Pitt regardless.
  • JStruds likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=