5723 replies to this topic

#121 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 03:58 PM

Agree with this, also his rating was 96.2 after the Vikings game. That's down from last year but would be better than Mahomes, tied with Allen. It's dropped a ton since then. Obviously they all count but that was half the year and passing wasn't really the problem.

Since the Miami game, he just seems shellshocked, uncertain, and his confidence probably has taken a hit.  But who wouldn't after getting pummeled as many times as he has?  

• bmore_ken likes this

#122 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 05:23 PM

I don't have a problem with Lamar. I have a problem with a lousy offensive line and a coaching staff that seems incapable of adjusting to different defenses. Year after year it seems like the other teams watch films and make adjustments and the Raven get shut down.

• bmore_ken likes this

#123 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 08:40 AM

PressBox: How Jackson Should Respond If Ravens Want Him To ‘Prove It’ In 2022

https://pressboxonli...ove-it-in-2022/

#124 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:21 AM

Yeah, in a hypothetical scenario where the front office would somehow say "prove it" to him... His only retort would be "I already have".

7-4 with him playing full games this season. 1-5 without him. Top seed / high seed until the injury, watching the playoffs from home 6 weeks later. 14-2 and 11-5 with him behind center the two years prior.

Tackles. Give him just decent RT and LT play and watch the rest unfold.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#125 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,927 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:29 AM

Yeah, Jackson has all the power.  If he's comfortable playing on the 5th year option I'd let him, but if he wants a deal you give it to him.  Hell even if he is content on the option, I'd explore a deal.  I think he's more likely to get more expensive if we wait than to become someone we don't want to sign.

#126 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:38 AM

Yeah, Jackson has all the power.  If he's comfortable playing on the 5th year option I'd let him, but if he wants a deal you give it to him.  Hell even if he is content on the option, I'd explore a deal.  I think he's more likely to get more expensive if we wait than to become someone we don't want to sign.

Jackson won’t hold all the cards until he gets himself competent representation. 

eta: has he hired an agency to represent him yet?

#127 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,927 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:42 AM

No, he's still self-represented as far as I'm aware.

It's saved him about a million over the course of his rookie deal to not be paying commissions.  But that isn't a contract with any real role to be played by an agent.  His next one will be.  He could probably hire someone competent on a hourly rate (even a crazy fee like $1000/hour) to help him negotiate and end up spending way less than the commission on his upcoming deal as well.

#128 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:55 AM

Does Lamar want to come back. Im sure he has said so, but deep down inside, does he really?

#129 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:57 AM

No, he's still self-represented as far as I'm aware.

It's saved him about a million over the course of his rookie deal to not be paying commissions. But that isn't a contract with any real role to be played by an agent. His next one will be. He could probably hire someone competent on a hourly rate (even a crazy fee like $1000/hour) to help him negotiate and end up spending way less than the commission on his upcoming deal as well.

I’ll do it for a $999/hour.
@BSLMikeRandall

#130 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 12:20 PM

Does Lamar want to come back. Im sure he has said so, but deep down inside, does he really?

The FO has drafted Dobbins, Duvernay, Bateman and Cleveland with high draft picks. Signed Andrews and Stanley to extensions. Signed Zietler. And brought in an OC that built an offense that fit Jackson's style. On top of being known as one of the best organizations in football, with some of the better facilities.

So he has a competitive team, a great FO, Owner and overall organization. and they've shown a willingness to put him in a position to win, and play at his best doing it, with great skill position talent and for the most part a good offensive line, to this point.

Why wouldn't he want to stay?

#131 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 12:37 PM

The FO has drafted Dobbins, Duvernay, Bateman and Cleveland with high draft picks. Signed Andrews and Stanley to extensions. Signed Zietler. And brought in an OC that built an offense that fit Jackson's style. On top of being known as one of the best organizations in football, with some of the better facilities.

So he has a competitive team, a great FO, Owner and overall organization. and they've shown a willingness to put him in a position to win, and play at his best doing it, with great skill position talent and for the most part a good offensive line, to this point.

Why wouldn't he want to stay?

Cause Old Man thinks Harbs sucks.

The org is regarded as one of the best. IMO the only reason he could possibly want to leave is if he can’t stand Harbs and/or Roman and the offense. I haven’t seen any indication of that, but sure it’s possible I suppose.

#132 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 01:33 PM

Cause Old Man thinks Harbs sucks.

The org is regarded as one of the best. IMO the only reason he could possibly want to leave is if he can’t stand Harbs and/or Roman and the offense. I haven’t seen any indication of that, but sure it’s possible I suppose.

it doesnt matter what I think.

For the record, I dont think Harbs sucks. I think he is a mid tier 2 coach, and overrated, when some fans think he walks on water and is a top tier 1 coach.

What does Lamar feel, he doesnt even have to be right in his feelings, but they are is.

Maybe he hates the cities, the weather or grew up dreaming about playing for another team.

You have to take those into consideration.

#133 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 02:41 PM

For the record, I dont think Harbs sucks. I think he is a mid tier 2 coach, and overrated, when some fans think he walks on water and is a top tier 1 coach.

What does Lamar feel, he doesnt even have to be right in his feelings, but they are is.

Maybe he hates the cities, the weather or grew up dreaming about playing for another team.

Apologies if I misrepresented your opinion.

Some things we do know, the organization is well thought of by pretty much every player who's ever walked through the door except Bernard Pollard. They've given Lamar a ton of weapons, and will most likely rebuild his line this offseason. He and the team have both had a lot of success but still have more to prove. He and Harbs seem to have a great deal of respect for one another. The team has said many times they want him, I am sure they will offer a reasonable deal--can't imagine it wouldn't get done due to dollars. I could understand if he thinks the OC is holding him back, I mean half of Baltimore thinks that so if that got into his head he maybe he might like to try something new, but like I said I've never seen any indication of that.

Sure, there could be a million other reasons why he would want to leave. He could simply hate the color purple. I don't think any of us can really take such unknowable things into consideration, since we have no idea how to weight things we can't know. It's not even worth speculating that there might be other unknowable reasons.

• Old Man likes this

#134 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,291 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 04:54 PM

Wait what did Pollard say about the organization? I think I remember him being outspoken and not the biggest Harbaugh fan but I dont remember anything else.

#135 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,291 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 04:57 PM

And Harbaugh is a Top 5 coach. Thats so incredibly close to being a fact vs an opinion.

#136 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 07:03 PM

Where does this line of thinking come from?  Is there some new information about Lamar I don"t know about?

#137 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,291 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 07:14 PM

He needs to holdout if necessary but Im confident the sides will work something out.

Also, this guy must read the board. He took slidemaster to task on every one of his silly QB takes over the last 2 months. Either that or there is a whole lot more slidemasters on twitter. Which is a scary thought.

#138 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 07:16 PM

Wait what did Pollard say about the organization? I think I remember him being outspoken and not the biggest Harbaugh fan but I dont remember anything else.

Maybe it was more Harbaugh hate than Ravens (though those are pretty intertwined at this point) but he put out like a 20 minute video a few years back ranting on how he was screwed over by the team. And he’s been bashing Lamar since he’s been in the league.

I could be remembering things more strongly than they actually were though. Still, this organization is pretty routinely praised by players so anything like that is surprising.

#139 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:53 PM

He needs to holdout if necessary but Im confident the sides will work something out.

Also, this guy must read the board. He took slidemaster to task on every one of his silly QB takes over the last 2 months. Either that or there is a whole lot more slidemasters on twitter. Which is a scary thought.

I actually quoted LJ in another thread where he said he's not worried about the contract right now, he's focusing on getting back right. A holdout seems highly unlikely.  he's likely going to start the season on his option and they'll work something out at some point during the season. That's my guess anyway based on his quote. I think if he actually had an agent, a holdout would have been more likely, so we're lucky he doesn't have one imo. 

#140 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:58 PM

Where does this line of thinking come from?  Is there some new information about Lamar I don"t know about?

Jackson was asked about his negotiations with the Ravens over a contract extension, as the 2018 first-rounder’s rookie contract expires after the 2022 season, but he deflected focus back towards preparing for next year.

“No, we haven’t talked about it yet. I’ve got to worry about getting back right, and getting ready for this offseason.”  said Jackson

https://heavy.com/sp...ion-greg-roman/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=