5723 replies to this topic

#921 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 05:10 PM

Over Under on how many times he waited too long to take a breath between sentences and had to gasp for air? He really is a trip.

I simply can't stand the sound of his voice regardless of what his views are. Just grates on me beyond belief. I do like Ken Weinman, though.

#922 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 05:27 PM

“I wish Steve Bisciotti was as smart as me, the insider who was fired from being an insider, who told you about the Zach Orr extension moments before he retired, about the Harbaugh firing shortly before he was extended, a guy who (it seems, since I can’t recall him ever going) is not even allowed at the castle. The team that spends to the cap every year is one of the cheapest in the business and should be emulating their two division rivals who have exactly zero Super Bowl wins. Also I will ball wash everything about the Angelos run Os for some reason, even though the clear Twitter receipts show I was a die hard Red Sox fan still hurting over 1986 as recently as 10 years ago.”
  • You Play to Win the Game, Mackus and weird-O like this

#923 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 06:50 PM

Jason La Canfora:

What a stupid POS. 

• 1970 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#924 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 08:20 PM

I said earlier in this thread that Lamar may want the contract talk to go away until after the season, but that's not likely.  Apparently he was asked about it at the weekly press conference yesterday.  He shot it down, said he wasn't talking contract during the season.  But it's not likely to go away.  Maybe the local press might get the message, but the national press and other cities local press are probably going to keep bringing it up.  They're hoping he will slip and say something that will give a more definitive clue as to what the hold up was.    

#925 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 09:43 PM

I said earlier in this thread that Lamar may want the contract talk to go away until after the season, but that's not likely. Apparently he was asked about it at the weekly press conference yesterday. He shot it down, said he wasn't talking contract during the season. But it's not likely to go away. Maybe the local press might get the message, but the national press and other cities local press are probably going to keep bringing it up. They're hoping he will slip and say something that will give a more definitive clue as to what the hold up was.

He won’t slip. I wouldn’t be shocked if it keeps up if the Ravens PR folks try to dissuade the local press at the castle everyday from at least bringing it up. Or maybe just have Lamar appear at the podium less. But nationally it’s not going anywhere. Which is fine. Enough people are making up their own stories anyway.
@BSLMikeRandall

#926 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 16 September 2022 - 07:19 AM

I said earlier in this thread that Lamar may want the contract talk to go away until after the season, but that's not likely.  Apparently he was asked about it at the weekly press conference yesterday.  He shot it down, said he wasn't talking contract during the season.  But it's not likely to go away.  Maybe the local press might get the message, but the national press and other cities local press are probably going to keep bringing it up.  They're hoping he will slip and say something that will give a more definitive clue as to what the hold up was.    

I need to preface this by saying, Q/A sessions with pro athletes are boring. There have been a few exceptions. Brady Anderson was fantastic, because whenever he got one of those inane "Brady, you had the game winning hit, walk us through that moment" type questions, he would answer it by talking about anything but that hit. I'd watch a Lamar Q/A if he would do that.    

• bmore_ken likes this

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#927 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:17 AM

He won’t slip. I wouldn’t be shocked if it keeps up if the Ravens PR folks try to dissuade the local press at the castle everyday from at least bringing it up. Or maybe just have Lamar appear at the podium less. But nationally it’s not going anywhere. Which is fine. Enough people are making up their own stories anyway.

Including here  :grin:

• Mike in STL likes this

#928 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 11:16 AM

I need to preface this by saying, Q/A sessions with pro athletes are boring. There have been a few exceptions. Brady Anderson was fantastic, because whenever he got one of those inane "Brady, you had the game winning hit, walk us through that moment" type questions, he would answer it by talking about anything but that hit. I'd watch a Lamar Q/A if he would do that.    

The problem is usually more the reporter than the athlete. They just ask incredibly obvious and stupid questions and most players rarely have anything articulate to add to it. Its a waste of time and I never watch them. Harbaugh's pressers would be more interesting if he wasn't so paranoid about every little thing asked.
  • weird-O likes this

#929 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 11:17 AM

The problem is usually more the reporter than the athlete. They just ask incredibly obvious and stupid questions and most players rarely have anything articulate to add to it. Its a waste of time and I never watch them. Harbaugh's pressers would be more interesting if he wasn't so paranoid about every little thing asked.

To be honest I can't remember the last time I watched a pro sports presser. I'm not a hardcore sports fan like you guys.  :mrgreen:

#930 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 12:27 PM

More Facebook comments  :mrgreen:

Buckyt Torain

Rion Gray My guy..it's a guy on that team that can replace him..and he's more of a pocket passer...

Ruben Avila
For him it’s all money 1f4b0.png He don’t love the sport I’d play for free He will never win a. S. B 
Ryan Keck
Good for him knowing that they are offering way to much for a Running Back. Such an honorable man making sure they don't pay him too much over the market value of a Running Back.

Terry Herlihy
Doubt he went to class much at Louisville and for sure nothing related to Accounting.I guess that's why the plays are on his wrist.

Galen Barret Papai
Anthony Brooks the average attendance is the same from the flacco years, he’s a gimmick qb who is already being figured out, will never win a Super Bowl as a starting qb

#931 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,530 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 12:29 PM

Buckyt Torain

Rion Gray My guy..it's a guy on that team that can replace him..and he's more of a pocket passer...

Ruben Avila
For him it’s all money 1f4b0.png He don’t love the sport I’d play for free He will never win a. S. B 
Ryan Keck
Good for him knowing that they are offering way to much for a Running Back. Such an honorable man making sure they don't pay him too much over the market value of a Running Back.

Terry Herlihy
Doubt he went to class much at Louisville and for sure nothing related to Accounting.I guess that's why the plays are on his wrist.

Galen Barret Papai
Anthony Brooks the average attendance is the same from the flacco years, he’s a gimmick qb who is already being figured out, will never win a Super Bowl as a starting qb

How does slide have so many aliases

• Mike in STL and bmore_ken like this

#932 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 September 2022 - 12:34 PM

Buckyt Torain

Ruben Avila
Ryan Keck

Terry Herlihy

Galen Barret Papai

I do not have a face book account, and after reading these I am glad.  It is possible they are not Ravens fans, and it is clear they know very little about football.

• bmore_ken likes this
@mikeghg

#933 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,549 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 September 2022 - 12:49 PM

I see Facelife now provides service in Dundalk.
  • The Epic and bmore_ken like this

#934 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 01:07 PM

I do not have a face book account, and after reading these I am glad.  It is possible they are not Ravens fans, and it is clear they know very little about football.

It's from bleacherreport's facebook page. I especially cracked up at the plays on the wrist comment.  :mrgreen:

#935 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 01:56 PM

Look at this moron that needs to look up the plays.

539w.jpg

• bmore_ken likes this

#936 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 16 September 2022 - 02:03 PM

MFers joking about his lack of accounting skills despite the fact that they're probably never making 23 million in their entire lives, much less in a year.
  • Mike in STL and bmore_ken like this

#937 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,181 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 02:18 PM

How does slide have so many aliases

I don't hate Lamar. I just don't want to guarantee him 20-30% of the cap for 5+ years.

#938 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 September 2022 - 04:44 PM

It's from bleacherreport's facebook page. I especially cracked up at the plays on the wrist comment.  :mrgreen:

Me too.  Justin Herbert was using his wrist band all last night.  I think it told him to throw a pick 6 on the goal line.

@mikeghg

#939 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:14 PM

Tom Matte's wrist band is in the Hall of Fame.

#940 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 11:41 AM

Lamar had his preseason last week. Now it is time to earn the contract he wants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=