5723 replies to this topic

#5441 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:39 PM

Houston is drafting a QB at two and should do that over giving up #2 and more while also giving Lamar a huge deal. Its a big difference for Indy at 4 because at best they get the #3 QB in the class who will likely be Levis or Richardson. And I aint buying any bluster that has Richardson going top 2. Hes a project. Period. One that might go down as one of the worst top 5 picks ever if he goes top 5. Young and Stroud are a tier above the rest and will go 1 and 2. If the Ravens are going to consider a trade with Indy then they have to be sure on Levis IMO but the problem is they still would have to move to #3 to secure Levis. #4 not a great spot to draft a QB.

#5442 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:45 PM

Not a FA but... SF is feeling better about Purdy's health, so maybe Lance becomes available.

Like Lance for the same reasons I liked Love as a target (before it became clear GB was ready to move Rodgers and go with Love).
Young, raw, talented... a couple years of being in the NFL... preparing, training, coached as a pro. 

Lance in-particular seems very raw, and could easily be poor production wise in '23... but it's also possible he's league average with some upside. 

#5443 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,669 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:47 PM

Would have liked to have gotten Minshew.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5444 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,302 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:49 PM

Houston is drafting a QB at two and should do that over giving up #2 and more while also giving Lamar a huge deal. Its a big difference for Indy at 4 because at best they get the #3 QB in the class who will likely be Levis or Richardson. And I aint buying any bluster that has Richardson going top 2. Hes a project. Period. One that might go down as one of the worst top 5 picks ever if he goes top 5. Young and Stroud are a tier above the rest and will go 1 and 2. If the Ravens are going to consider a trade with Indy then they have to be sure on Levis IMO but the problem is they still would have to move to #3 to secure Levis. #4 not a great spot to draft a QB.

Levis, like Richardson has huge bust potential.  My gut feeling is that both of them are going to flame out, although Richardson could be used in other facets with his incredible, athletic ability.  Levis has a cannon arm but is not accurate.  Poor decision making with a ball in his hands. I think whoever picks him is in for a world of hurt. 

#5445 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:57 PM

I don't think there's a chance.

There is no chance. The Texans can have him right now for two firsts. No trade needed.

#5446 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:14 PM

Man some of the vile crap that has been tweeted at EDC’s wife is absolutely ridiculous! She does a lot of good on Twitter but if I were her, I would never get back on after this. Disgusting!

#5447 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,003 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:18 PM

There is no chance. The Texans can have him right now for two firsts. No trade needed.

Unless it's for a contract they think the Ravens would match. Lot of requirements for an offer sheet, way more than just a normal FA contract offer, and teams may not wanna bother if they have every expectation the Ravens will match it.

I'm surprised nobody wants to make him an offer the Ravens can't/won't match, but that seems to be the case or else it'd probably already be done.

#5448 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:19 PM

If, hypothetically, Lamar backs off the 230m+ guarantee, and squeezes the Ravens for an extra 30-40 million guaranteed at signing, lets say 160m gtd at signing and 240m in practical guarantees on a 6/290 deal, would you say that it was worth it to Lamar to play hardball for these several years?  Or do you think that an agent likely could have gotten him the same deal without the headache?

#5449 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,003 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:21 PM

Let's say Lamar holds out 1-2 seasons and during that time Joe Burrow gets $250 mil fully guaranteed. If Lamar thinks teams are going to give him say, $260 mil fully guaranteed since he's the next QB up after holdouts and two injury shortened seasons, he's insane.

I'm saying he may get more than he's currently being offered. Not that he'd necessarily get more than Burrow, Hurts, Herbert.

Also saying I don't expect that to happen (the holdout or the full deals for others or the bigger deal for Lamar if the first two things happen ).

#5450 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:30 PM

I think no one expects the Chargers or Bengals to be able to afford the funding requirement of a full guarantee.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#5451 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:31 PM

I’m sure Stafford could be had for a reasonable price, Rams won’t be anything for a while.

#5452 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:34 PM

Would love to trade for Lance. So long as SF is reasonable about his updated value.

#5453 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:37 PM

They should, hence why I called it a dream scenario.

I don't want any parts or Levis or Richardson. I love Stroud. And I think Young has a ton of talent. Size is a huge issue obviously, but he has phenomenal arm talent. And he manipulates a pocket extremely well.

#5454 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:42 PM

I’m sure Stafford could be had for a reasonable price, Rams won’t be anything for a while.

Seems like Stafford has like $74M in dead bonus money left, not sure there's any way they work that out.

#5455 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,003 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:45 PM

I think no one expects the Chargers or Bengals to be able to afford the funding requirement of a full guarantee.

I think it'd be pretty easy for a company with this reliable of a revenue stream to borrow the money for the escrow payment if they have to.

Also think the players may be able to waive the requirement as part of the contract. Maybe the NFL tries to prevent that, maybe not.

And we're already talking about guaranteeing $150M or so under a typical model. The extra money needed to escrow a guarantee of $250M is substantially bigger, but also not like it's an order larger.

#5456 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:48 PM

Unless it's for a contract they think the Ravens would match. Lot of requirements for an offer sheet, way more than just a normal FA contract offer, and teams may not wanna bother if they have every expectation the Ravens will match it.

I'm surprised nobody wants to make him an offer the Ravens can't/won't match, but that seems to be the case or else it'd probably already be done.

I would have said the same thing before the Trade tweet. Even then if they put out an offer and the Ravens match it, they can still work a trade and the contract is out of the way.  Regardless I still don't think it will happen anyway. The Texans likely keep #2 and take whichever of the big two that Carolina doesn't. 

#5457 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:50 PM

Man some of the vile crap that has been tweeted at EDC’s wife is absolutely ridiculous! She does a lot of good on Twitter but if I were her, I would never get back on after this. Disgusting!

There's a reason I've never had a twitter account.

• Hooded Viper likes this

#5458 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:53 PM

I think it'd be pretty easy for a company with this reliable of a revenue stream to borrow the money for the escrow payment if they have to.

Also think the players may be able to waive the requirement as part of the contract. Maybe the NFL tries to prevent that, maybe not.

Possibly re: borrow. Forbes seems to think the Bengals are worth like $3B. Borrowing a tenth of that could be reasonable, if that is their only debt. That's certainly another cost though and makes the contract even more expensive.

I don't see how it can be the case that the player could waive it. AFAIK it is a league rule, so the league (that is, some percentage of owners, however they do such rules) would have to change the rule. I'm sure there would not be many votes to change that rule.

#5459 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,003 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 02:03 PM

Even then if they put out an offer and the Ravens match it, they can still work a trade and the contract is out of the way.

This wouldn't work unless the contract doesn't have a signing bonus. If it has a signing bonus, then that entire amount paid stays with the Ravens as a cap hit at the time of a trade.

#5460 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 02:10 PM

I've been talking up acquiring Lance for since this drama started.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=