#2401 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 09 February 2023 - 02:42 PM

Ravens sent me their season ticket renewal today -- earliest it's ever been I think?

Gotta get that money in to pay Lamar!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2402 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 09 February 2023 - 02:46 PM

Ravens sent me their season ticket renewal today -- earliest it's ever been I think?

Gotta get that money in to pay Lamar!

Or they want people to renew before finding out that Lamar is leaving.

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#2403 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 03:50 PM

Honestly who the hell knows at this point. Neither side has done the other any favors with poor comments to the press from the Ravens and poor antics from LJ.

I think the Ravens leaked the offer to the media last fall so it wouldn’t make them look like they didn’t try. Maybe for LJ this is the reverse of erasing “Ravens” from all social media. By making it look like he’s all-in for the Ravens, he is saying he wants to be here but it the Ravens aren’t meeting his demands, so it gets everyone saying “sign him”. Gets public on his side.

Even other star players from other teams have gone on social media begging for the Ravens to sign this man. Probably because another athlete getting a fully guaranteed deal means it becomes more the norm for the rest of them.

I would put that at 100% certainty.

#2404 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,220 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 05:26 PM

I doubt Lamar cares much about how he's perceived by Ravens fans.  His teammates opinion of him probably holds more weight but who knows if that even matters to him.  I can't wait for the final curtain to fall on this whole melodrama.  Sick of hearing about it and reading about it.  He's going to get his money one way or another, maybe even full guaranteed.  But not from the Ravens which is why I still think he's ultimately going to be traded. 

#2405 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 05:36 PM

When discussing parts of this that suck, let's not forget about the time right after we actually get a resolution, when a bunch of people will talk about how they knew all along that this would be the outcome.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Biggsy like this

#2406 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 06:19 PM

When discussing parts of this that suck, let's not forget about the time right after we actually get a resolution, when a bunch of people will talk about how they knew all along that this would be the outcome.

On a message board? No way.
@BSLMikeRandall

#2407 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 08:15 PM

Nah, I'm looking forward to the inevitable good / bad debate.  If he signs there will be the "Great, the franchise QB is now locked up" vs. the "so now we have a QB and in a few years nothing else as we can't afford to sign anyone else."   And if he is traded we'll have the "now with all of the draft picks and cap savings we can build a loaded team" vs. the "since we don't have a QB we won't win more than 5 games a year for the next decade."   Should be fun.  

#2408 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 08:34 PM

People just need to go on record. Im tired of the hedging. Some of the people who are so emphatic about the danger of signing Lamar are the same ones saying they still love Lamar and trust the Ravens. Completely set up to play both sides. Well, I was worried about the contract but I said I love Lamar and I trust the Ravens. But if it goes all wrong they will say I told you so.

The bottom line is most of us can see the risks and know its a high pressure situation here. If you want to be all up in having a strong opinion right now then put yourself in the GM seat and make the tough decision that you will have to live with one way or the other.

#2409 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 February 2023 - 08:43 PM

I’ll admit I have no idea what they’ll do. I do trust them though. Everything else about my opinion is fully and repeatedly on record here.

#2410 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 08:50 PM

I’ll admit I have no idea what they’ll do. I do trust them though. Everything else about my opinion is fully and repeatedly on record here.

You want to move on. If you were EDC you would move on. Keep it real. You can say you dont know what the cost will be but we all know Lamar is going to get a massive deal. The highest ever should he sign soon.. So I think that eliminates being able to hedge saying the cost matters. Its going to be a massive deal. It might be the right call to deal him. But own it if Lamar signs a massive deal here and it works out.

#2411 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 09 February 2023 - 10:00 PM

I want to sign Lamar and I think they will.

#OnRecord

When you make your FINAL OFFICIAL prediction please use #OnRecord so we can lock you in
  • You Play to Win the Game, DuffMan, Biggsy and 1 other like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2412 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 11:13 PM

In fairness, I've said several times they get it done and still believe that, so my knowing all along will be genuine. If however I end up with egg on my face, I'll be here to take my lumps........and the draft pics  :mrgreen:

#2413 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 12:47 AM

I think the deal will get done. The Ravens will make a fair and reasonable offer. But we've observed the team long enough to know that they put a value on a position, and they seldom overpay. Their quarterback number for Lamar should be extremely high, and they'll figure a way to pay it. They'll increase the guarantee, but won't go for 100%; it's a principle. So the variable is Lamar. He seems like a person of integrity and I will be disappointed if he is unreasonable. It could happen, though, especially if another team was willing to sell out for him.

#2414 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 07:55 AM

Hope a deal gets done, believe a deal will get done. #OnRecord
  • Pedro Cerrano likes this
@DaKittenz

#2415 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 February 2023 - 08:17 AM

Happy to have him back, also excited about the possibility a trade could bring.

Having said that, I think he's traded

#OnRecord

• You Play to Win the Game and Pedro Cerrano like this

#2416 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 08:18 AM

I want to sign Lamar and I think they will.

#OnRecord

When you make your FINAL OFFICIAL prediction please use #OnRecord so we can lock you in

#OnRecord

I want to sign Lamar.  I think he will be traded.

#2417 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 08:43 AM

#OnRecord

I want to sign Lamar. I think he will be traded.

#OnRecord same. I convinced myself the guaranteed money wasn’t a dealbreaker over the summer, but I think it is to the team.

If they get back somewhere in the neighborhood of the Wilson/Watson return, like 3 1sts plus, I’ll be ok with it. If some are correct that his value is only the non-exclusive two firsts, then they really messed this up.

#2418 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 08:58 AM

2 first rounders + and the plus wont be insignificant. 3 plus is even possible. It will be the biggest return for a QB if it happens.

#2419 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 09:15 AM

#OnRecord

I want Lamar to get resigned.  I think he wants to maximize his contract and will be traded.  I also think trading him is in the best interest of the Ravens.  With that said, I would rather roll with Lamar.  I would get more satisfaction winning a SB with Lamar than some stop-gap.  

#2420 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,632 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 February 2023 - 09:56 AM

#OnRecord

I have been saying a deal will get done for over a year now.  I have changed my mind...I think the Guaranteed contract is not only a big deal for the Ravens but for the league.  I also think Lamar has become a pawn for the NFLPA, who see the contract the stupid Browns did  with Watson as what they want the future to look like.

I think Lamar gets dealt and I think the Ravens will be fine going forward.  

@mikeghg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=