53 replies to this topic

#21 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,026 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 02:50 PM

I guess what is annoying is that you're critical of him when he absolutely deserves it. But you refuse to give any credit at all when he deserves it. You sound like the people who hate Lamar for no reason. Just lurk until the moments he isn't good and come out pumping your chest about how bad he is, then disappear or just fall back on pointing out when he wasn't good, instead of giving him any credit.

I'm not sure how having the 9th best defense in DVOA last season, and having the 7th best DVOA ever the year before is somehow considered bad.

To be fair that's just message board culture. People love to take victory laps but never admit error.

#22 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,282 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:47 PM

To be fair that's just message board culture. People love to take victory laps but never admit error.

That's true. I don't think that's necessarily Ricker though. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I remember times where he's admitted to being wrong, or changing his tune before. I just don't understand how you can justify calling a DC that has had defenses as good as Winks the past two years bad, or call for his dismissal. His defense has definitely been a weak point this season. Maybe teams have started to figure his scheme out. Maybe he just doesn't have the level of talent he has had the past 2 years. Maybe a combo of both. But his body of work suggests he's a top 10 DC in football.

#23 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:50 PM

Doesn’t bother me any. Everyone’s entitled to their opinions.

Definitely be rooting for TEN tonight.

Tonight feels like we have to root for small pox or cholera. The Titans are cholera for this hyperbole because I believe it has a lower mortality rate.
  • Mike in STL likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:55 PM

That's true. I don't think that's necessarily Ricker though. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I remember times where he's admitted to being wrong, or changing his tune before. I just don't understand how you can justify calling a DC that has had defenses as good as Winks the past two years bad, or call for his dismissal. His defense has definitely been a weak point this season. Maybe teams have started to figure his scheme out. Maybe he just doesn't have the level of talent he has had the past 2 years. Maybe a combo of both. But his body of work suggests he's a top 10 DC in football.

It isn't hard to understand whatsoever. Where was this defense ranked after last week's performance? It was abysmal, through 5 weeks, or 29% of the season. You've never seen a fan vent before? And it was in a game thread, of all places.

On top of that, I just don't like him. I don't need any further reasoning.

#25 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:55 PM

Tonight feels like we have to root for small pox or cholera. The Titans are cholera for this hyperbole because I believe it has a lower mortality rate.

Yeah, I can't root for Tennessee. Can't do it.

#26 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 04:02 PM

Kinda like how I was rooting for a “The Dark Knight Rises” scenario to play out when the Pats and Cowboys were on the same field yesterday.
  • You Play to Win the Game and PrimeTime like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#27 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,282 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 04:33 PM

It isn't hard to understand whatsoever. Where was this defense ranked after last week's performance? It was abysmal, through 5 weeks, or 29% of the season. You've never seen a fan vent before? And it was in a game thread, of all places.

On top of that, I just don't like him. I don't need any further reasoning.

I haven't disagreed with you as far as this season. I don't think its fair to say he has top tier talent in the secondary this season. He was forced to start Brandon Stephens and Averett. But he has led a very disappointing defense so far. I 100% blame him for their lack of tackling ability. He gives way too much freedom to go for the ball, which leads to guys missing the easy plays, trying to play hero ball.

As far as the game thread, all I pointed out was I said something as soon as I saw it, I didn't wait until this week. Everyone has their bad moments in the game threads. And everyone has people they hate no matter what. That's fine. It doesn't make him bad at what he does though. I admit I came in a little hot and heavy, and I apologize for that.

#28 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,037 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 04:34 PM

Im gonna start singing Frozen songs to you two
  • The Epic likes this

#29 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,037 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 04:36 PM

Def have to root for Tenn here. Looks like we may be in play for the 1 seed and Buf appears to be the main competition

#30 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,282 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 04:40 PM

Def have to root for Tenn here. Looks like we may be in play for the 1 seed and Buf appears to be the main competition

I don’t think I can do it. I'm gonna play the its way too early to discuss the 1 seed card and hope both teams lose.

#31 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,037 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 04:47 PM

Buf isnt going away. Theyll win the majority of their games. Maybe KC or LA or even Tenn gets into that mix. Would say Cle but that Mayfield injury looms large.

#32 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 October 2021 - 05:30 PM

The only reason I may actually root for Tennessee is, Buffalo has a legit home field advantage. It would definitely suck a lot to have to play there again in January.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#33 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 October 2021 - 10:22 PM

Tennessee wins. What a great game. The Ravens have the best record in the AFC.

Meanwhile, there are 4 one loss teams in the NFC and the Cards are of course undefeated.

#34 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 10:25 PM

Tennessee wins. What a great game. The Ravens have the best record in the AFC.

That was such a bad play call on Buffalo’s part. If you are trying to get one yard, and you’re three yards from the end zone, go for the TD. What was the plan if Allen got an extra foot and they converted? Kick the FG anyway?
@BSLMikeRandall

#35 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 10:26 PM

Ravens control their destiny for the #1 seed!
@BSLMikeRandall

#36 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 October 2021 - 10:29 PM

That was such a bad play call on Buffalo’s part. If you are trying to get one yard, and you’re three yards from the end zone, go for the TD. What was the plan if Allen got an extra foot and they converted? Kick the FG anyway?

Exactly. Very risky stuff. Derrick Henry is as close to important to his team as anyone can come to Lamar in that category. What an absolute beast. Everyone knows the game plan every week, and that dude just wears you out regardless. 

#37 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,037 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 10:52 PM

Exactly. Very risky stuff. Derrick Henry is as close to important to his team as anyone can come to Lamar in that category. What an absolute beast. Everyone knows the game plan every week, and that dude just wears you out regardless.

Just a beast.

#38 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:36 AM

I remember I desperately wanted the Ravens to take Henry in the draft but no one agreed with me over at the Sun forum.  Still hard to believe we shut him down like we did in the play-off game. 

#39 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,282 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 06:00 AM

I remember I desperately wanted the Ravens to take Henry in the draft but no one agreed with me over at the Sun forum. Still hard to believe we shut him down like we did in the play-off game.

The only time I've ever seen Henry get dropped was the Deshon Elliott hit last year. That was like the old throwback shots Lewis would have to let the other team know the defense wasn't scared, and turned the whole game.

#40 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,037 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:35 AM

I remember I desperately wanted the Ravens to take Henry in the draft but no one agreed with me over at the Sun forum. Still hard to believe we shut him down like we did in the play-off game.

We traded out at 36 and people were pissed because Jax got Jack. We took Correa at 42. Chris Jones, Xavian Howard, Derrick Henry, and Michael Thomas all went between 37 and 47.
  • Mike in STL likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=