Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 October 2021 - 10:46 AM

Ouch.

My wife was ready to go in the 3rd as well. I was going to let it get to 3 touchdowns before I considered leaving and even then I had major fantasy implications that I wanted to see in person. But I've been there. Left early during the 2003 Seattle game, and I can't blame the wife for that one, it was all me.

I never leave, and I mean never.  When Lamar fumbled, my son asked how far do we need to fall behind, before we go home and go to sleep.  My response was we don't.  Needless to say, he was happy we stayed.  The first 2 home games have been incredible to say the least.  However, thankfully Sunday is a 1 PM game.

@mikeghg

#742 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 10:46 AM

The Chargers defense is not that good. It'll likely be a shootout, and I think they confirmed that Bateman will play Sunday.

I'm not saying I feel good about Sunday, but I don't feel bad about it.

I think you take the approach every week that any result is possible. Thats how I feel about this team right now.

#743 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 October 2021 - 10:54 AM

We have a good chance to win any game, because we have #8.  I said a few weeks ago, that I thought Lamar was the best player in the league.  I still stand by that.  

@mikeghg

#744 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 12 October 2021 - 11:05 AM

Ouch.

My wife was ready to go in the 3rd as well. I was going to let it get to 3 touchdowns before I considered leaving and even then I had major fantasy implications that I wanted to see in person. But I've been there. Left early during the 2003 Seattle game, and I can't blame the wife for that one, it was all me.

Our son treated himself, my wife and I to probably our only in person game of the year. Was thinking about suggesting to him we leave, but decided that was disrespectful of his gift. Really glad I have a conscience sometimes. 😄
  • Mike B and bmore_ken like this

#745 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 October 2021 - 11:30 AM

All the news pundits can now shut the hell up about LJ and his passing ability. 

And his not be able to lead a team back from behind.

• bmore_ken likes this
@mikeghg

#746 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,669 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 11:36 AM

Didn't have a ton of time to hangout before the game but I did stop at Pickles beforehand for a few beers and liked their new set-up outside. It's probably for COVID regulations but there are tons of tables outside for eating and much more space now that they block off the entire street out front.

Inside was packed, still, and probably not up to the city's COVID policies.

• mweb08 and bmore_ken like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#747 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 11:54 AM

Calling it now rec specs just gave us the game, it's comeback time

Behold, ye off little faith
@DaKittenz

#748 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 12 October 2021 - 12:22 PM

Didn't have a ton of time to hangout before the game but I did stop at Pickles beforehand for a few beers and liked their new set-up outside. It's probably for COVID regulations but there are tons of tables outside for eating and much more space now that they block off the entire street out front.

Inside was packed, still, and probably not up to the city's COVID policies.

As someone who lives extremely close, I'm a huge fan of their setup, regardless of COVID.

Btw, congrats to all on the great win!

#749 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 October 2021 - 12:31 PM

Still can't actually believe they won this game. Here's all that happened to make it happen:

-Blankenship who is an accurate kicker hurts hip in warm ups
-Missed XP by Blankenship
-Two successful 2-point attempts by Ravens
-Blocked FG by Calais
-Missed FG as time expired in reg
-Ravens win OT coin toss
-Lamar throws for 400+, sets record for comp% over 400 yards, and rushes for 62 yards
  • russsnyder likes this

#750 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 October 2021 - 12:43 PM

There was a lot not to like about last nights game, and after reading through the game thread, you guys did a great job of not liking. :-P   There was also a lot of positives.

Lamar - He is an incredible talent, who has become very good at reading the defenses.  The Colts like everyone this year, kept 8 or 9 guys near the LOS.  They dared him to move the ball through the air.  He did.  9 guys caught passes last night.  Lamar is now easily getting to his 3rd and 4th options.  The deep passes, have become pin point.  The throw to Andrews on the deep cross, where Mark got drilled in the head was a great throw.  The deep TD to Brown, again was spot on.  Lamar is a passer, can lead teams from behind, etc.....

Brown - The man had one of the worst games a wide out can have and has rebounded remarkably well.  Bad days happen for all of us.  Brown is becoming a top talent.  Watching him from upstairs, is telling.  He runs good routes explodes out of cuts and is a very difficult cover.  He is now making moves and fighting for yardage after the catch.  Brown is a good player and a play maker

Andrews - Big time game on MNF.  The defenses jamming the LOS have made it impossible to bracket Andrews now and he is putting up numbers.  Damn, was he clutch last night.

Freeman - They went with him down the stretch and he had some nice catches, when they really needed him.

• NewMarketSean and russsnyder like this
@mikeghg

#751 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 12 October 2021 - 12:44 PM

Amazingly, Lamar doesn’t have a perfect passer rating for last nights performance. He had two perfect scores in 2019. How this isn’t perfect is beyond me. 

IIRC, you need 12.5 YPA, he was at like 10.5.  Also I think you need a TD every 8 or so passes.  He had 4 in 43 attempts, he would have needed 6 TDs with that many attempts.

It's really hard to get a perfect passer rating when you throw the ball 40+ times.  Lamar used to do it because he'd run the ball between the 20s, then toss an easy TD while they stacked the box.

#752 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 01:13 PM

There was a lot not to like about last nights game, and after reading through the game thread, you guys did a great job of not liking. :-P There was also a lot of positives.
Lamar - He is an incredible talent, who has become very good at reading the defenses. The Colts like everyone this year, kept 8 or 9 guys near the LOS. They dared him to move the ball through the air. He did. 9 guys caught passes last night. Lamar is now easily getting to his 3rd and 4th options. The deep passes, have become pin point. The throw to Andrews on the deep cross, where Mark got drilled in the head was a great throw. The deep TD to Brown, again was spot on. Lamar is a passer, can lead teams from behind, etc.....

Brown - The man had one of the worst games a wide out can have and has rebounded remarkably well. Bad days happen for all of us. Brown is becoming a top talent. Watching him from upstairs, is telling. He runs good routes explodes out of cuts and is a very difficult cover. He is now making moves and fighting for yardage after the catch. Brown is a good player and a play maker

Andrews - Big time game on MNF. The defenses jamming the LOS have made it impossible to bracket Andrews now and he is putting up numbers. Damn, was he clutch last night.

Freeman - They went with him down the stretch and he had some nice catches, when they really needed him.

Great point about Freeman.

He did make some plays during crunch time.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#753 CMU82

CMU82
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 01:21 PM

No doubt the best QB performance by a Raven, though Flacco's SB game is hard to beat.

I think back to the game in 2011 that Anquan Boldin had against the Cardinals when they came back from the 24-3 deficit.  Granted, Ray Rice had the 3 TDs, but Boldin has seven receptions for 145 (all in the second half?) and drew a couple of PIs.  Clutch performance in a necessary game.

Couple of quick comments on the game:  the brain fart offsides on the initial missed FG before the half.

Lamar's fumble:  I'll refer back to my comments regarding the backwards lateral by the Lions that was ruled an incompletion.  I said 'it wouldn't have mattered who I was cheering for, ...it was a wrong call.  Same goes for the backwards lateral of the Colts on the return that was called back as being a forward lateral.  Uh, no.  Bad call.  Who reviews these plays anyways?  Felt it was justice that Indy drove down and scored.

Finally:  what was Reich thinking on the three straight running plays before the blocked FG?  You could sense that all he wanted was a FG, the Ravens had to sense it, and it got the Irsays nowhere.  I'd have been conservative as well, but I sure would have tried to keep the chains moving against a team they'd moved the ball on the entire second half.

Not game related, but we were in Minneapolis a few weeks back.  Sure wish we were in Central Time (wouldn't have to take a pregame nap).

#754 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 October 2021 - 01:22 PM

Still can't actually believe they won this game. Here's all that happened to make it happen:

-Blankenship who is an accurate kicker hurts hip in warm ups
-Missed XP by Blankenship
-Two successful 2-point attempts by Ravens
-Blocked FG by Calais
-Missed FG as time expired in reg
-Ravens win OT coin toss
-Lamar throws for 400+, sets record for comp% over 400 yards, and rushes for 62 yards

Harbaugh said pretty much the same.  He said many people made plays, and if one did not, the Ravens lose.  

The offense in the second half and OT was tremendous.  We had 5 money drives in the second half and OT.  The one resulted in the fumble, the other 4 were precision executed TD drives .  It was pretty impressive. 

@mikeghg

#755 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 12 October 2021 - 01:25 PM

He and Williams both caught a few out of the backfield. Yet another weapon in this improving arsenal.
  • Mike B likes this

#756 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 October 2021 - 01:31 PM

I also think they trust him in pass pro, picking up the blitzes.

The Dobbins and Edwards injuries hurt the offense big time, but I think the Ravens are still figuring out what each guy can do.  Freeman made 3 plays last night as an outlet receiver.  We don't finish the comeback without him.

@mikeghg

#757 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 01:31 PM

...Same goes for the backwards lateral of the Colts on the return that was called back as being a forward lateral. Uh, no. Bad call. Who reviews these plays anyways? Felt it was justice that Indy drove down and scored...

I haven't seen any slo-mo replays yet, but the referee explained that the ball was released at the 24 and caught at the 25 (or so I think he said; crowd noise). That's a forward toss of the ball, right? Unless he's wrong about the release point and the catch point.

#758 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 October 2021 - 01:33 PM

He and Williams both caught a few out of the backfield. Yet another weapon in this improving arsenal.

i love the term "arsenal".  The Ravens do have an impressive supply of playmakers led by the #1 playmaker in the NFL.

@mikeghg

#759 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 12 October 2021 - 01:58 PM

Very unlikely to beat the Chargers IMO.

They did just give up 42. And we get the west coast team playing on the east coast at 1pm advantage. Let's see how it shakes out.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#760 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 12 October 2021 - 01:59 PM

I also think they trust him in pass pro, picking up the blitzes.

The Dobbins and Edwards injuries hurt the offense big time, but I think the Ravens are still figuring out what each guy can do. Freeman made 3 plays last night as an outlet receiver. We don't finish the comeback without him.

One of those what ifs to ponder is would we be seeing this growth from the passing game if Dobbins and Edwards we're healthy?
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=