• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 07:30 AM

Colts got their first win yesterday, beating Miami.

https://www.espn.com...ameId/401326384

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:01 AM

Carson Wentz has looked bad, but has played tough against the Ravens. Michael Pittman is a good receiver, and Taylor is a great back who they don't use enough.

Humphrey shadows Pittman, account for Parris Campbell, and focus on limiting Taylor. What scares me is how much they might resort to the Detroit gameplan of screen passing them to death with Hines and Taylor, since they seemed utterly incapable of adjusting to that.

I think the Ravens win, but I think the Colts are closer to a .500 team than they've played.

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:19 AM

Carson Wentz has looked bad, but has played tough against the Ravens. Michael Pittman is a good receiver, and Taylor is a great back who they don't use enough.

Humphrey shadows Pittman, account for Parris Campbell, and focus on limiting Taylor. What scares me is how much they might resort to the Detroit gameplan of screen passing them to death with Hines and Taylor, since they seemed utterly incapable of adjusting to that.

I think the Ravens win, but I think the Colts are closer to a .500 team than they've played.

The Ravens win and get to 4-1.  I think this game might not be close.  The Ravens are figuring things out.

@mikeghg

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 07:18 AM

Colts SB Nation: Bold Predictions for Colts vs. Ravens

https://www.stampede...colts-vs-ravens

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 05:15 PM

PFN: Colts vs. Ravens prediction, odds, line, and how to watch the Monday Night Football game

https://www.profootb...h-2021-nflwk-5/

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 07:48 AM

Indy Star: 'Follow the pigskin': Colts defense sticking to its keys against Baltimore Ravens

https://www.indystar...ens/6054777001/

Indy Star: Colts vs. Ravens: How to watch, listen to, bet on NFL Week 5 matchup
https://www.indystar...k-5/6030984001/

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2021 - 07:58 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens OT Alejandro Villanueva questionable for Monday night; 3 Colts starters ruled out

#8 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 October 2021 - 07:24 AM

A golden opportunity to take sole possession of 1st place in the North. Gotta take advantage.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 07:40 AM

Indy Star: Insider: 27 things to watch as Colts take on Ravens on Monday Night Football

https://www.indystar...son/5984689001/

#10 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 09:53 AM

I'm thinking Ravens win easily but wouldn't be surprised to see this closer than expected.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 10:03 AM

I think people think the Colts are a train wreck.....  they aren't.  They've dealt with their own injuries, and this year might go sideways... but plenty of people had them and the Chargers in the same conversations as dark horse AFC SB teams. 

They have enough to bite if you are sloppy.   Really, at this point in '21 NFL.... there are good teams, there are no great teams.  And the difference between the bad teams and the good teams isn't some crazy gap. 

Week-to-week, I find myself not really caring about the opponent.  It's pretty much solely about you. How well do you play? How well do you execute?

Go out and get a lead and play from ahead. 
Don't give the ball away.
Convert on 3rd down offensively.
Get off the field on 3rd down defensively. 

Boring and basic thoughts that don't add much... but pretty much what decides 95% of games imo.

• Mike B and PrimeTime like this

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 11:11 AM

Colts are solid. Win tonight and we take the lead in the division and are tied with LA and Buf for best record in the conference.

#13 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 October 2021 - 11:49 AM

No Bateman tonight. He will make his season debut next Sunday vs LAC.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 11:58 AM

Thats ok. Work him in slow. Like what DD and Proche have given us

#15 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 October 2021 - 12:11 PM

I was looking forward to seeing Bateman, but we have good receivers.  Take it slow and make sure he is ready.

I am leaving for the game at 6PM.  It feels like this day is dragging.

@mikeghg

#16 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 October 2021 - 12:14 PM

I think people think the Colts are a train wreck.....  they aren't.  They've dealt with their own injuries, and this year might go sideways... but plenty of people had them and the Chargers in the same conversations as dark horse AFC SB teams. 

They have enough to bite if you are sloppy.   Really, at this point in '21 NFL.... there are good teams, there are no great teams.  And the difference between the bad teams and the good teams isn't some crazy gap. 

Week-to-week, I find myself not really caring about the opponent.  It's pretty much solely about you. How well do you play? How well do you execute?

Go out and get a lead and play from ahead. 
Don't give the ball away.
Convert on 3rd down offensively.
Get off the field on 3rd down defensively. 

Boring and basic thoughts that don't add much... but pretty much what decides 95% of games imo.

I think at their best the Colts are a good team.  I think your keys are spot on.  I am at the part of game day where I get nervous.  That said, I think we will be happy tomorrow morning.

Definition of happy = The Ravens win, but fans have plenty to complain about.   :-P

@mikeghg

#17 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 12:16 PM

I was hoping Bateman would make his debut on MNF, but I guess he isn't in "football shape".  

The Colts aren't very good.  This is a game the Ravens should win, especially at home. Schedule gets tougher after this

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 October 2021 - 12:32 PM

I was hoping Bateman would make his debut on MNF, but I guess he isn't in "football shape".  

The Colts aren't very good.  This is a game the Ravens should win, especially at home. Schedule gets tougher after this

Yep, starting next week, when we play the Chargers.  I heard one of the talking head football shows point that game as the top of next weeks card.  

@mikeghg

#19 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 11 October 2021 - 02:32 PM

Yep, starting next week, when we play the Chargers. I heard one of the talking head football shows point that game as the top of next weeks card.

After the Charger's performance yesterday, I'd definitely agree.

#20 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 October 2021 - 03:12 PM

Boykin activated for tonight and Andre Smith elevated.
@primetime667083

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=