#561 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:06 PM

I'm really glad that Martindale trusts Averett and Tavon Young/deshon Elliott in single coverage. Couldn't think of a better decision.
  • Mashed Potatoes and bmore_ken like this

#562 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:07 PM

A painful waste of sleep.

@mikeghg

#563 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:08 PM

Ty'Son Williams had one carry in the second half.

WTF

@BSLMikeRandall

#564 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,066 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:09 PM

Tucker and Oweh the big positives.  Tucker expected.  Oweh looked real good.

#565 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,066 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:10 PM

27 in regulation should win it against this team.  Even with one short field.  Come on, defense.  They're gonna get the bulk of my critique for this one.

#566 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:11 PM

Ty'Son Williams had one carry in the second half.

WTF

Harbs is often puzzling. It's been a theme throughout his tenure.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#567 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:14 PM

Seriously, did they really think that there was a good chance Carr would take a sack on that last play? Pushing the edge of FG range, they had literally just lined up to kick just 5 yards closer a minute earlier. No. At best you're blitzing and he throws it away, and out comes the FG unit again. Why risk the cover 0 ramifications??? Carr's not some immobile ineffective older vet backup, or some green and shaky rookie... Know your opponent.

#568 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:17 PM

Oweh looked good. Offensive line looked bad, but I'll hold out hope they just need a little more time to gel. Villanueva got abused though. And Lamar needs to hold onto the damn ball. Crucial turnovers late were absolute killers.

#569 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:19 PM

Seriously, did they really think that there was a good chance Carr would take a sack on that last play? Pushing the edge of FG range, they had literally just lined up to kick just 5 yards closer a minute earlier. No. At best you're blitzing and he throws it away, and out comes the FG unit again. Why risk the cover 0 ramifications??? Carr's not some immobile ineffective older vet backup, or some green and shaky rookie... Know your opponent.

I don't ever want to see that zero coverage crap ever again

#570 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:22 PM

I know Lamar Jackson gave them some points, but I can't fault that.  He was trying to make plays and make something happen.  Without him I doubt this team wins more than 6 games.  He wasn't getting a lot of help.  The running backs are no where near what he is used to, and the O-line is very over-rated.  

And what about the defense?  Top 5, no.  Top 10, no.  Not at least what I saw tonight.  The Raiders made so many mistakes trying their best to give that game away.  How do you let guys get behind you in the secondary the way they did?  Derek Carr threw for over 400 yards and he looked terrible in the first half.  What a total non performance from a defense that is supposed to be so good.

Bottom line....people are already talking about the two fumbles from Jackson and how that contributed to the loss.  But that is very unfair.  He looked like the only one with football talent trying to win the game.  He has no receivers, now no RBs, and basically no O-line.  Villenueva was destroyed tonight.  There is only so much anyone can do.  And also, I would be concerned with the defensive line.  They really didn't pressure Carr that much.  Carr was trying to make himself look bad with terrible passes, decisions, and totally missed opportunities.  But the Raven's defense turned him into a superstar in the second half.  If they can't bring more pressure and can't cover better in the secondary the better QBs in the league are going to destroy them.

Finally.....How many times do the Ravens get a 14-0 lead and lose the game?  That's a big red flag right there.  

• bmore_ken likes this

#571 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,431 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:26 PM

Long season. There is time for adjustments but its gonna be a grind much moreso than '20 and '19 were. Williams did a shitty job pass protect on the last Lamar fumble. Obviously team are salivating at the prospects of going against AV. Run game isnt going to be as explosive. Defensively need more pressure without having to sell out to get it. CBs have to play better. Tackling needs to be better. I mean I think a lot of these guys need more adversity in the reg season. They are going to get it. Either they embrace it and grind out 10-11 wins or crumble and win 7 or 8. Difference will be a shot to make a run in the playoffs.

#572 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:28 PM

I know Lamar Jackson gave them some points, but I can't fault that.  He was trying to make plays and make something happen.  Without him I doubt this team wins more than 6 games.  He wasn't getting a lot of help.  The running backs are no where near what he is used to, and the O-line is very over-rated.  

And what about the defense?  Top 5, no.  Top 10, no.  Not at least what I saw tonight.  The Raiders made so many mistakes trying their best to give that game away.  How do you let guys get behind you in the secondary the way they did?  Derek Carr threw for over 400 yards and he looked terrible in the first half.  What a total non performance from a defense that is supposed to be so good.

Bottom line....people are already talking about the two fumbles from Jackson and how that contributed to the loss.  But that is very unfair.  He looked like the only one with football talent trying to win the game.  He has no receivers, now no RBs, and basically no O-line.  Villenueva was destroyed tonight.  There is only so much anyone can do.  And also, I would be concerned with the defensive line.  They really didn't pressure Carr that much.  Carr was trying to make himself look bad with terrible passes, decisions, and totally missed opportunities.  But the Raven's defense turned him into a superstar in the second half.  If they can't bring more pressure and can't cover better in the secondary the better QBs in the league are going to destroy them.

Finally.....How many times do the Ravens get a 14-0 lead and lose the game?  That's a big red flag right there.  

I expect Mahomes to put up 50 next week. 

• BaltBird 24 and cprenegade like this

#573 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:28 PM

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that with all the recent changes they may just need some time to gel, but KC is going to destroy us next week.

Still will wait a few weeks to really judge, but may just be one of those ugly seasons.

#574 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:29 PM

I expect Mahomes to put up 50 next week.

Probably by halftime.

#575 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,431 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:30 PM

I know Lamar Jackson gave them some points, but I can't fault that. He was trying to make plays and make something happen. Without him I doubt this team wins more than 6 games. He wasn't getting a lot of help. The running backs are no where near what he is used to, and the O-line is very over-rated.

And what about the defense? Top 5, no. Top 10, no. Not at least what I saw tonight. The Raiders made so many mistakes trying their best to give that game away. How do you let guys get behind you in the secondary the way they did? Derek Carr threw for over 400 yards and he looked terrible in the first half. What a total non performance from a defense that is supposed to be so good.

Bottom line....people are already talking about the two fumbles from Jackson and how that contributed to the loss. But that is very unfair. He looked like the only one with football talent trying to win the game. He has no receivers, now no RBs, and basically no O-line. Villenueva was destroyed tonight. There is only so much anyone can do. And also, I would be concerned with the defensive line. They really didn't pressure Carr that much. Carr was trying to make himself look bad with terrible passes, decisions, and totally missed opportunities. But the Raven's defense turned him into a superstar in the second half. If they can't bring more pressure and can't cover better in the secondary the better QBs in the league are going to destroy them.

Finally.....How many times do the Ravens get a 14-0 lead and lose the game? That's a big red flag right there.

Lamar giveth and taketh away tonight. Certainly not the issue on this team. Missing the RBs, at least early in the season, is going to be a problem. Williams obviously did some good things tonight but he had no clue at times what his assignment was and made some poor plays

#576 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:30 PM

Long season. There is time for adjustments but its gonna be a grind much moreso than '20 and '19 were. Williams did a shitty job pass protect on the last Lamar fumble. Obviously team are salivating at the prospects of going against AV. Run game isnt going to be as explosive. Defensively need more pressure without having to sell out to get it. CBs have to play better. Tackling needs to be better. I mean I think a lot of these guys need more adversity in the reg season. They are going to get it. Either they embrace it and grind out 10-11 wins or crumble and win 7 or 8. Difference will be a shot to make a run in the playoffs.

In fairness, the run game was pretty non existent in the 2nd half. 

#577 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,431 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:32 PM

Football is a funny game. KC probably doesnt destroy us next week. Everybody expects a loss at this point so its probably the one time we'll get them
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#578 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:33 PM

It was a team effort in this loss. Hopefully Jimmy Smith getting healthy will help in the secondary. Defense nearly lost and simultaneously won the game. Way too inconsistent. And Lamar looked like superman for most of the game, but he still doesn't get a pass for losing the ball like that late. No franchise QB should. But I think they'll bounce back.
  • sandiegosean likes this

#579 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,431 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:34 PM

In fairness, the run game was pretty non existent in the 2nd half.

Murray looks slow to me. OL had more trouble getting push in the 2nd half as well. I mean Dobbins and Edwards arent walking through that door. Neither is Zeus Jr or Yanda. So they better figure it out

#580 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,431 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:36 PM

The disheartening part was Vegas didnt really want it more. They didnt play good football. Thats kind of the red flag. An 8 win team on paper played like an 8 win team and it was enough. That wouldnt have happened in '19 or '20
  • cprenegade likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=