#21 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,772 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 27 August 2021 - 08:14 PM

All good dude. You're entitled to your opinions as whacky as they are at times. Im going back to ignoring most of your posts. Unless they're under 200 words. Then maybe, but that's pretty rare.

You seem to think you're good at this.  You're not.

#22 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 08:20 PM

You seem to think you're good at this. You're not.

You seem to think you'd be a good GM. We all have out blind spots kid.

#23 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,772 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 27 August 2021 - 08:34 PM

You seem to think you'd be a good GM. We all have out blind spots kid.

Yeah, I'd probably be terrible.  Like maybe I'd set the modern record for losses and while I'm doing it only find a couple players in the back half of the top100 over 3 years.

#24 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,772 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 28 August 2021 - 10:45 AM

Idealy Correa is the target on a big long term deal 

I have been pushing for Verlander. 

I was looking at some Tigers stuff, thinking about the discussions in the other thread and if I had to pick a team for both of these guys., I think I'd pick the Tigers.

I don't think the Orioles are spending, but you want an angle for the Orioles, Verlander is from Northern VA and Elias drafted Correa

...but the Tigers may want to spend and can one up that with Verlander finishing his HoF career in Detroit and Hinch was Correa's manager in Houston.

#25 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,772 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 31 August 2021 - 07:38 PM

Brad Hand is someone that people have suggested to help stabilize the back of the bullpen.

He was just released (after being traded for at the deadline) by the BlueJays.

He likely will look for a Playoff opportunity and would have to sign with someone today to be post-season eligible.  

If not, getting an opportunity to close could be a thing for him and the Orioles could certainly give him that.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 07:49 PM

Brad Hand is someone that people have suggested to help stabilize the back of the bullpen.

He was just released (after being traded for at the deadline) by the BlueJays.

He likely will look for a Playoff opportunity and would have to sign with someone today to be post-season eligible.  

If not, getting an opportunity to close could be a thing for him and the Orioles could certainly give him that.

Absolutely. 

#27 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,616 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 August 2021 - 07:51 PM

Sure, give him a cheap “get right” one year deal and try to flip him at the deadline.

#28 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,772 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 31 August 2021 - 08:09 PM

Sure, give him a cheap “get right” one year deal and try to flip him at the deadline.

I doubt he's looking for his 2022 contract today...he likely just wants to sign on a team (no new money required).  He could go back to Washington.  Maybe he likes the area and would view the Orioles as a good 2022 opportunity and just want to start the relationship.

He was good in DC this year (ERA+ 112) and in his career (109).  Maybe he just hates Canada.

• BobPhelan likes this

#29 FL O's Fan

FL O's Fan
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 10:01 AM

For me: Pitching, pitching, pitching

SP: MIX AND MATCH: Charlie Morton, Zach Davies, Rich Hill, Michael Pineda, Eduardo Rodriguez, Jon Lester.  We need at least one innings eater and then maybe take a flyer on a higher upside guy that has maybe had some injury struggles but worth taking a flyer at the right price. 

RP: Kendall Graveman. I think we could use a reliable veteran in the bullpen. 

Left side infield: Josh Harrison (not sure if he can still play 3rd). Honestly, not in love with options. It feels like expensive shortstops and a bit skinny at 3B. I would love a long term deal with a short stop, but I also understand if we're not quite there yet. 

One name that's interesting too that could be out of price range is Carlos Rodon. Obviously having his best year at best time, but wondering if his injury history and prior performance could make him more affordable. 

• BSLChrisStoner and BobPhelan like this

#30 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,772 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 06 September 2021 - 03:38 PM

So Morton is a guy that gets considered some.  He's had a south-east bias with his home in FLA. 

Braves just extended him for 1/20 with a 1/20 option.

Pretty smart move by the Braves.  Morton has been good there, especially after a rocky start, and he keeps a credible top in the rotation in front of the kids.

However, there may be more benefit to them for the impact his signing has on other teams.  1/20 is pretty high for a guy that's 37 (38 in Nov) but it might have a weird impact on other FA contracts around the League, especially the NL East or NL where it might be harder to accumulate a couple of guys to ramp up your staff as the bar is sort of set (at least for the early movers).  I can assure you agents will be quoting this contract in early expectations.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 09:13 AM

On the last Warehouse episode...

Stephen Loftus: Carlos Martinez, Daniel Norris, Andrelton Simmons

Matt Kory:  Michael Conforto, Carlos Martinez, Eduardo Rodriguez, Noah Syndergaard

#32 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 September 2021 - 11:54 AM

Conforto always seems to play well in Camden Yards.  He has made a great catch on each visit to CY.

He seems like a more expensive version of Santander, but maybe better  with 81 games in CY.

Eduardo Rodriquez is interesting.  He has been mediocre this year, but he will not be a year and a half after the heart issues, so worth a shot.

I think both would be in the 7 -10 M range, so it will be interesting to see if the Orioles pursue any of these.

@mikeghg

#33 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 07:11 AM

On The Warehouse last night...  Stephen and Matt projected some contracts... 

Michael Pineda, Zach Davies, Carlos Martinez, Eduardo Rodriguez, Simmons, Syndergaard, Alex Wood... 

If they are right on the projections, there are good bargains available. 

https://anchor.fm/th...sode-43-e175ejp

• BobPhelan likes this

#34 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 09:15 AM

On The Warehouse last night...  Stephen and Matt projected some contracts... 

Michael Pineda, Zach Davies, Carlos Martinez, Eduardo Rodriguez, Simmons, Syndergaard, Alex Wood... 

If they are right on the projections, there are good bargains available. 

https://anchor.fm/th...sode-43-e175ejp

Good bargains that the O's won't bother attempting to sign?

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 09:22 AM

We'll see?

#36 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 September 2021 - 10:45 AM

I kind of feel the same way, but it looks like there are around 1,000 people showing up for the games, so maybe that forces them to try to interest the fans.

@mikeghg

#37 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 01:49 PM

I kind of feel the same way, but it looks like there are around 1,000 people showing up for the games, so maybe that forces them to try to interest the fans.

You guys have more faith than me.

#38 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 01:51 PM

We'll see?

Yup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users