133 replies to this topic

#121 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 03:50 PM

Glad to get Bradish back but the rotation has been pitching well lately. Figuring out how to shuffle Means, Irvin and Suarez is a good problem to have.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#122 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,903 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 04:04 PM

Suarez will be needed in the BP.

#123 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,089 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 04:20 PM

Sure glad they didn't just do the Tommy John surgery. Still possible he re-injures it and needs it eventually, but clearly the "just slice him up" crew were jumping to the wrong conclusion and hopefully will remember next time that rest and rehab is a viable alternative for a small subset of elbow injuries.
  • BSLMikeLowe likes this

#124 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,487 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 04:26 PM

Sure glad they didn't just do the Tommy John surgery. Still possible he re-injures it and needs it eventually, but clearly the "just slice him up" crew were jumping to the wrong conclusion and hopefully will remember next time that rest and rehab is a viable alternative for a small subset of elbow injuries.

Yeah tell em. Wait was I in this crew. Let me go back and look........

#125 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 06:15 PM

Tough one... I love Albert Suárez' stuff. I wouldn't move a guy with a 0.00 ERA out of the rotation.

#126 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,636 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 April 2024 - 06:20 PM

“Just Slice Him Up” is a great indie band album title.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#127 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,527 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 April 2024 - 06:34 PM

It’s so easy to say when you aren’t the one getting sliced.

#128 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,527 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 April 2024 - 08:24 PM

Tough one... I love Albert Suárez' stuff. I wouldn't move a guy with a 0.00 ERA out of the rotation.

Irvin hasn't allowed a run in 14.2, Suarez in 11.1. Both will probably be kicked to the pen by the end of the month. But it's a good problem to have given how bad the BP is right now.

#129 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 10:23 PM

Means hasn’t been a nugget since 2021.

He shouldn’t be moving Irvin or Suarez anywhere.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#130 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,430 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 28 April 2024 - 08:02 AM

I hope your end conclusion turns out to be correct. We need him.

#131 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 10:52 AM

I don't remember anyone saying "just slice him up." What I do remember is a lot of pessimism with this kind of injury which was completely warranted. Now none of us were privy to the severity of the sprain and of course that's the biggest factor in the rest and rehab success rate. This is a good start but I'm still cautiously optimistic and will be for awhile. We're all in the same crew that he goes on with no further complications.
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#132 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,903 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:44 AM

Still feel like TJS is inevitable. Maybe his sprain will miraculously recover, and I'll remain hopeful.

#133 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,487 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:56 AM

Still feel like TJS is inevitable. Maybe his sprain will miraculously recover, and I'll remain hopeful.

This is a cop out though. You could literally say this about every pitcher in pro baseball. Especially ones throwing a certain velocity.

#134 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,903 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:58 AM

True. Every pitcher is a ticking time bomb. Just one we know already has some degree of injury is a little bigger ticking time bomb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=