So currently... 

Without Wiggins or Morsell, and with Ayala back: 

1 Russell

2 Ayala

3 Hart

4 Scott

5 Wahab

Bench: Martinez, Graham, Reese, Cornish, Dockery, Revaz

It is going to be a very different Maryland team.

The bench is very young.  More additions are coming.

@mikeghg

#162 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 April 2021 - 02:53 PM

And Hamilton is leaving... 

https://247sports.co...tm_content=Link

Come on.

A little surprising, but to me, a loss than can be accounted for.  He played too soft, IMO.

@mikeghg

#163 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,338 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 02:56 PM

A little surprising, but to me, a loss than can be accounted for.  He played too soft, IMO.

Definitely played soft. 6'8 235... no interest in banging.  But skilled, and a capable scorer.  Think there was talk about him battling injuries at-least part of the year.

#164 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 April 2021 - 04:21 PM

Definitely played soft. 6'8 235... no interest in banging.  But skilled, and a capable scorer.  Think there was talk about him battling injuries at-least part of the year.

His game seem to be dictated, by whether his first few shots fell.  He had some really good games where he played well, but seemingly more where he disappeared.

He drove me crazy at times when he would get pushed under the basket in a rebound situation.

I am surprised he is leaving, because I thought he would have been a starter next year.  I think he can be replaced though.

@mikeghg

#165 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 April 2021 - 04:23 PM

Loved Hamilton's upside, but agreed that the intensity just wasn't there consistently. The same could be said about Wiggins until recently btw. So you never know. He flashed some.

#166 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 04:37 PM

I wish Hamilton had stayed and think he would've started some games and been a meaningful part of the rotation.  But of everyone who currently projects to get minutes, he's the guy that hurts leaving the least (you could argue Hart because of depth).  I do think if he gets to the right place and right system that he could put up some big numbers, even at this level of competition, as a stretch 4.

#167 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:58 PM

I wish Hamilton had stayed and think he would've started some games and been a meaningful part of the rotation. But of everyone who currently projects to get minutes, he's the guy that hurts leaving the least (you could argue Hart because of depth). I do think if he gets to the right place and right system that he could put up some big numbers, even at this level of competition, as a stretch 4.

I think Hart and Hamilton are kind of interchangeable, but the fact that Hart can be a ballhandler makes him a lot more versatile. Hamilton can't play up to a 4 or down to a 1 or 2.

#168 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,338 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 12:35 PM

Manning official.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#169 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 April 2021 - 01:17 PM

Manning official.

Good hire, I think.

@mikeghg

#170 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 April 2021 - 01:40 PM

Good hire, I think.

I think so too. Was always a fan of his. Underrated.

Although I'm not going to lie, at first glance I kept thinking Danny Ferry, and was like oh that's smooth, bring in an old school Dematha guy to rebuild that pipeline. Then I remembered it was Ferry and not Manning that went to Dematha. Although ironically, Manning was a pretty constant follower of DM, and was there recruiting guys a lot when he was at Wake.

@JeremyMStrain

#171 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 April 2021 - 02:10 PM

I think so too. Was always a fan of his. Underrated.

Although I'm not going to lie, at first glance I kept thinking Danny Ferry, and was like oh that's smooth, bring in an old school Dematha guy to rebuild that pipeline. Then I remembered it was Ferry and not Manning that went to Dematha. Although ironically, Manning was a pretty constant follower of DM, and was there recruiting guys a lot when he was at Wake.

I am old and I remember Ferry at Dematha.

I had not made the recruiting connection in his WF days.

I think he is buddies with Turgeon from the Kansas days, which is fine.  Maybe he is good for the bigs.

@mikeghg

#172 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,413 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 02:13 PM

Good hire, I think.

Meh. Where is he gonna help in recruiting.

#173 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 April 2021 - 02:20 PM

Meh. Where is he gonna help in recruiting.

Apparently recruiting and working with bigs are his strengths. He was behind a lot of Kansas' recruiting when he was assistant there, and at WF managed to land a stream of top 100 prospects even though he was directly competing with his NC neighbors, Duke, UNC etc.

I guess we'll have to see though.

• Mike B likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#174 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,413 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:05 PM

Apparently recruiting and working with bigs are his strengths. He was behind a lot of Kansas' recruiting when he was assistant there, and at WF managed to land a stream of top 100 prospects even though he was directly competing with his NC neighbors, Duke, UNC etc.

Fair enough. We'll see.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#175 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:29 AM

The recruiting is the part, that to me is the unknown.  I suspect, today's kids know very little about Danny and the Miracles shocking everyone and winning the National Championship.

If he helps develop big men for Maryland, that may be enough.

@mikeghg

#176 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:52 PM

The recruiting is the part, that to me is the unknown.  I suspect, today's kids know very little about Danny and the Miracles shocking everyone and winning the National Championship.

If he helps develop big men for Maryland, that may be enough.

I know the prime of his NBA career was before they were born but I've got to think that the fact that he had a productive NBA career means something to them.

#177 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 April 2021 - 06:14 PM

I know the prime of his NBA career was before they were born but I've got to think that the fact that he had a productive NBA career means something to them.

I think the bigger problem for him was that he spent the prime of his career with the LA Clippers.

#178 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:54 AM

I think it may mean more to the parents, than the kids, but I think it is good that Maryland has an NBA star on its bench now.  I like the hire.

@mikeghg

#179 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:55 AM

I think the bigger problem for him was that he spent the prime of his career with the LA Clippers.

Good point, they were awful, during Mannings time.

@mikeghg

#180 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:32 PM

IMS: Maryland guard Aquan Smart enters NCAA transfer portal
https://247sports.co...-bM_HCogBi4PLnk

This had been rumored for a little while, and Smart makes it official.

Smart is officially transferring to Florida International.
@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=