2525 replies to this topic

#341 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 07:01 PM

I thought Corey Davis wouldn't have a problem coming here, coming from a run heavy offense. It would have been a great fit for us. But also understand that receivers make money by putting up fantasy point statistics and not doing the dirty work.

But he's not going to get those numbers as a Jet because New Jersey is where offense goes to die. At 3/$37M, I'm actually mad the Ravens didn't beat that offer. He's worth more, but because he doesn't have a 1,000 yard season to his credit his value is diminished. (Fantasy points!!!). Golladay is going to cost significantly more.

At this point, they might as well bring in Sammy Watkins for 2/$18M or something. He could bring some Chiefs knowledge with him. Still only 28 despite 7 years in the league. Doesn't have the milage as he's got an injury history. It's a risk, but worth it with the window closing before you have to pay Lamar big bucks.

Still think they need to go edge first round of the draft. Like it or not, they have 4 WRs, 2 of which fans have been asking for to get more reps (Duvernay, Proche).

Maybe they can hit up Philly and offer Brown for their first, the draft Chase. 🤣

#342 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,281 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 07:39 PM

I could care less about WR right now.
  • Steve55 likes this

#343 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 07:51 PM

Some of these players are taking one yr deals because they believe in a big cap jump next season. I don't see it. The new TV deals are 2 yrs away and there might be half filled stadiums this season. The revenue won't be there and there is still money to be made up from last year. Looks like more 1 yr contracts.

#344 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,281 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 07:59 PM

If they feel like Hilton or Watkins is a fit and can help them they'll sign them. Im curious if they show any interest in Clowney again this year or maybe even Aldon Smith.

#345 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:31 PM

If they feel like Hilton or Watkins is a fit and can help them they'll sign them. Im curious if they show any interest in Clowney again this year or maybe even Aldon Smith.

I think their is mutual interest in Clowney honestly. They tried to pull a sign and trade for him last year. I think Clowney is asking too much still. I see him signing a 1 year incentive laden prove it type deal. I don't think EDC will pay big money for Clowney. Nor should he. But if he can get him here for $10 million or less(preferably less), then I'm all for it.

#346 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:34 PM

I think Edge and Center should 100% be their top priorities right now. But if they can solve the WR issue in the process, I'm all for it. If they can't get Golladay, may as well just prepare yourselves for more Brown, Boykin and Duvernay. Maybe a high rookie thrown in the mix.

I don't see how they solve their issue at center before the draft either to be honest.

#347 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 05:20 AM

There will be more cuts coming with now 8 teams over the cap. All still need to make room for their draft picks.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#348 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 05:54 AM

I thought Corey Davis wouldn't have a problem coming here, coming from a run heavy offense. It would have been a great fit for us. But also understand that receivers make money by putting up fantasy point statistics and not doing the dirty work. 

But he's not going to get those numbers as a Jet because New Jersey is where offense goes to die. At 3/$37M, I'm actually mad the Ravens didn't beat that offer. He's worth more, but because he doesn't have a 1,000 yard season to his credit his value is diminished. (Fantasy points!!!). Golladay is going to cost significantly more. 

At this point, they might as well bring in Sammy Watkins for 2/$18M or something. He could bring some Chiefs knowledge with him. Still only 28 despite 7 years in the league. Doesn't have the milage as he's got an injury history. It's a risk, but worth it with the window closing before you have to pay Lamar big bucks.

Still think they need to go edge first round of the draft. Like it or not, they have 4 WRs, 2 of which fans have been asking for to get more reps (Duvernay, Proche). 

If they can get Watkins cheap, I guess I wouldn't have a problem with that but he's not worth what he's probably expecting to get. Like you said, he's got a history of injuries and didn't do much last year when he was out there.  And that's in KC's prolific offense.  It's a solid receiver class this year so just draft a couple and hope for the best.  If they go that route, Harbaugh's got to show a little more faith and play these young guys. Duvernay virtually disappeared late last year.  Why?  Only John knows.  That said, I wouldn't waste a first round pick on a receiver when they need a center badly.  Draft the best one available, pick a edge rusher in the 2nd and then worry about receivers later. That would be my approach.  

• sandiegosean likes this

#349 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 March 2021 - 07:10 AM

There will be more cuts coming with now 8 teams over the cap. All still need to make room for their draft picks.

I think this free agency season, is going to last a lot longer with good players hitting the streets.  I think the Ravens patience is going to pay off.  If they wind up with 2 of the 3, of WR, center and edge rusher, I will be happy.

@mikeghg

#350 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 07:32 AM

If they can get Watkins cheap, I guess I wouldn't have a problem with that but he's not worth what he's probably expecting to get. Like you said, he's got a history of injuries and didn't do much last year when he was out there. And that's in KC's prolific offense. It's a solid receiver class this year so just draft a couple and hope for the best. If they go that route, Harbaugh's got to show a little more faith and play these young guys. Duvernay virtually disappeared late last year. Why? Only John knows. That said, I wouldn't waste a first round pick on a receiver when they need a center badly. Draft the best one available, pick a edge rusher in the 2nd and then worry about receivers later. That would be my approach.

He's starting to pick up some steam now, but I'm a big fan of Bateman in the draft. Possible he will be there at our pick. He's 6'2" and 210 lbs. Supposedly ran a 4.3 in workouts, but I don't believe that. More of a 4.5 type of runner. But he does have elite separation and route running ability. Watching him play, guy beats everyone at the line. Definitely has an elite release. And I believe he played a lot in the slot this past season due to his ability to get off the LOS and create immediate separation. And he plays through contact as good as anyone in the draft outside of J'marr Chase. My biggest gripe with him are his hands. Seems to have too many concentration drops, trying to make a move before securing the ball.

Problem is, I'd rather go edge or O-line in the first over WR.

#351 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 20 March 2021 - 01:09 PM

Couldn’t
  • DuffMan likes this

@fuzydunlop

#352 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,281 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 01:27 PM

Couldn’t

Sweet return to the Ravens section

#353 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 01:32 PM

PressBox: Start Of Free Agency Brings Clarity — If Not Answers — To Ravens’ Biggest Roster Questions
https://pressboxonli...ster-questions/

#354 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 02:29 PM

Couldn’t

Maybe he cares quite a bit and wishes he didn’t care very much.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#355 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 March 2021 - 02:59 PM

Goladay to the Giants.

Take him off the list.

@mikeghg

#356 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,281 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 03:09 PM

Goladay to the Giants.

Take him off the list.

We cant spend that much money on a WR. My guess is EDC will try to trade for a vet WR. A solid starter.

#357 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 03:12 PM

If they can get Watkins cheap, I guess I wouldn't have a problem with that but he's not worth what he's probably expecting to get. Like you said, he's got a history of injuries and didn't do much last year when he was out there.  And that's in KC's prolific offense.  It's a solid receiver class this year so just draft a couple and hope for the best.  If they go that route, Harbaugh's got to show a little more faith and play these young guys. Duvernay virtually disappeared late last year.  Why?  Only John knows.  That said, I wouldn't waste a first round pick on a receiver when they need a center badly.  Draft the best one available, pick a edge rusher in the 2nd and then worry about receivers later. That would be my approach.  

Watkins is still waiting for KC to bring him back.

#358 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 03:17 PM

How much would Josh Reynolds take to sign .?

#359 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 03:19 PM

Goladay to the Giants.

Take him off the list.

Wow, 4 yrs $72 mil. How are they going to put that on their cap .

• Mike B likes this

#360 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 March 2021 - 03:29 PM

Wow, 4 yrs $72 mil. How are they going to put that on their cap .

4 years, 4 wins a year have fun on that team!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=