222 replies to this topic

#201 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:53 PM

Certainly looks like you have to go shot for shot and hope you have the ball last, Big 12 style.

This is kind of what I have been saying.  The Ravens feel like the way to beat KC is build a defense that can at least slow them down.  I disagree.  The way you beat KC is the way Oakland beat them earlier this year, and almost did it again.  You have to beat them by going toe to toe in the passing game.  Anything else will earn you Kudos as you go home and they move on.  Certainly Oakland has had better success than Baltimore has with Kansas City so why not look at how they have done that.  

#202 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:56 PM

The Ravens feel like the way to beat KC is build a defense that can at least slow them down. I disagree.

Don't think I agree with your thesis. Last year the Ravens were super aggressive against KC with 4th downs and 2 point conversions because Harbaugh called it "a possession game not a field position game (paraphrasing)". Seems to me like they know they need to try to outscore them.

#203 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:53 PM

Man, a third year QB has an awful game, throws a backbreaking INT in the red zone, and nobody is talking about his lack of intelligence or his inability to be a long-term franchise QB?

Man, that is -wild-.

• Mashed Potatoes and Mike in STL like this

#204 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 25 January 2021 - 03:45 AM

Man, a third year QB has an awful game, throws a backbreaking INT in the red zone, and nobody is talking about his lack of intelligence or his inability to be a long-term franchise QB?

Man, that is -wild-.

Probably a hot take but I have thought all season (and continue to think) that a big chunk of Josh Allen's improvement this year is attributable to the fact that he has Diggs to throw to. I think he's gotten better, but not this good. The Ravens largely made him play like crap both in 2019 and in 2020, and the difference maker really was Diggs.

#205 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:02 AM

Probably a hot take but I have thought all season (and continue to think) that a big chunk of Josh Allen's improvement this year is attributable to the fact that he has Diggs to throw to. I think he's gotten better, but not this good. The Ravens largely made him play like crap both in 2019 and in 2020, and the difference maker really was Diggs.

The conditions were tough in Buffalo but we wasted a good defensive effort by our team. Didnt capitalize on the potential game changing play when Allen fumbled around midfield. On the other hand, Buf obviously capitalized to the maximum when our QB presented the opportunity.

#206 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:34 AM

This is kind of what I have been saying. The Ravens feel like the way to beat KC is build a defense that can at least slow them down. I disagree. The way you beat KC is the way Oakland beat them earlier this year, and almost did it again. You have to beat them by going toe to toe in the passing game. Anything else will earn you Kudos as you go home and they move on. Certainly Oakland has had better success than Baltimore has with Kansas City so why not look at how they have done that.

Oakland has also seen them twice a year. Divisional familiarity helps a lot. Same reason that even when Cleveland wasn't good, they would tend to play us tight and sometimes even beat us on occasion.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#207 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:40 AM

I’m not suggesting cutting him. I just think you handle him like the Cowboys have done with Prescott.

Maybe just like pick a new topic to talk about. What else is there to say?
@DaKittenz

#208 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:59 AM

Frankly if you just stopped at the above bolded, and didn't bother mentioning his qualities as a pocket passer then I would have been understanding. Maybe had disagreements with it, but I would have understood where you're coming from. We aren't dumb, and we can pick up on cherry picked stats and comparables.

All I care about is winning the big game. Don’t care about gaudy stats that mean you most

y blew the doors off bad teams etc. Flacco won a Super Bowl and played well enough in the playoffs to win. 

Your boy has not been able to do the same. Year one stats were inflated after they were down considerably. Year two they were embarrassed by the Titans, This year the defense gave you 2 performances that would have been good enough during the Joe era to advance. 

it’s okay to point out the gaudy statistics and you guys do often. But, you can deny the outcome either. But, you can make a bunch of excuses...there’s no denying that!

Roll Tide

#209 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:09 AM

Man, that is -wild-.

4 pretty bad games in the playoffs! 

This is beyond comical! What were you hoping for some likes with this post?

They were blown out in 2018 and he had fluff stats at the end of the game that made it look better than it was. In 2019, he threw 2 interceptions, lost a fumble, and had a QBR of 30. This year we won the Titans game but, had a ugly interception with the game was still undecided and then the Bills game, another ugly interception and scored 3 points.

Roll Tide

#210 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:11 AM

Maybe just like pick a new topic to talk about. What else is there to say?

Talk to your buddies....I’m just responding to the piling on.

Roll Tide

#211 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:49 AM

They were blown out in 2018 and he had fluff stats at the end of the game that made it look better than it was. In 2019, he threw 2 interceptions, lost a fumble, and had a QBR of 30. This year we won the Titans game but, had a ugly interception with the game was still undecided and then the Bills game, another ugly interception and scored 3 points.

He was talking about Allen. Obviously.

#212 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:50 AM

Talk to your buddies....I’m just responding to the piling on.

Yes, play the martyr and help us all see.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#213 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:52 AM

All I care about is winning the big game. Don’t care about gaudy stats that mean you most
y blew the doors off bad teams etc. Flacco won a Super Bowl and played well enough in the playoffs to win.

Your boy has not been able to do the same. Year one stats were inflated after they were down considerably. Year two they were embarrassed by the Titans, This year the defense gave you 2 performances that would have been good enough during the Joe era to advance.

it’s okay to point out the gaudy statistics and you guys do often. But, you can deny the outcome either. But, you can make a bunch of excuses...there’s no denying that!

Still comical that you can’t acknowledge how long it took Flacco to win a SB, and aren’t willing to give Jackson the same amount of time to achieve it.

If the Ravens won a playoff game where Lamar completed 33% of his passes, or only 4 passes, or score only 3 points (I know you ignore facts, but those are things Flacco had done) you would crap all Jackson for it. Deny it!
@BSLMikeRandall

#214 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:07 AM

Josh Allen has played 4 playoff games, and was not good in three of them (he just happened to win two). Allen made several boneheaded and disastrous (and near disastrous!) plays to balance out his good plays.

And he's a very good quarterback! That's not an indictment on him, because the Bills will be back, and he'll be one of the major reasons for that. Josh and Lamar both deserve to get paid, not now, but RIGHT now.

The only differences between Allen's last two games and Lamar's last two games was:

1) It took longer for Allen's red zone INT to turn into 7 points

2) Allen got a garbage-time TD

3) Allen has Diggs and (slightly) better pass protection

His last two games have QBRs of 50.1 and 60.1. Lamar, 84.7 and 53.5.

This isn't to say that Lamar cannot improve. It's saying that this same energy needs to be kept for both guys, and it doesn't seem to be happening with you. 

• Mackus and Mike in STL like this

#215 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:19 AM

This is entirely true.

#216 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:22 AM

The conditions were tough in Buffalo but we wasted a good defensive effort by our team. Didnt capitalize on the potential game changing play when Allen fumbled around midfield. On the other hand, Buf obviously capitalized to the maximum when our QB presented the opportunity.

This is also entirely true. The offense (Lamar included, but not especially) was not good, and Lamar's mistake directly led to points while Josh's mistakes did not. 

It's football. It happens.

#217 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:25 AM

This isn't to say that Lamar cannot improve. It's saying that this same energy needs to be kept for both guys, and it doesn't seem to be happening with you. 

I wonder why? 

• The Epic likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#218 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:15 AM

He was talking about Allen. Obviously.

The Bills by all account overachieved this year. Their big problem was no running game after they lost Moss. We should’ve beat them but probably would’ve suffered the same fate as Buffalo.

Roll Tide

#219 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:24 AM

Yes, play the martyr and help us all see.

I simply don’t care Chris! If you think I care what any of these guys think you just don’t know me. As I said, I understand my opinion is not popular. And quite frankly ignore most of it except for the baseless claims about my personal character. 

But the inability of most here to be objective is comical IMO.

So hey .... We should sign Lamar to a 15 year $600 million dollar deal because he’s the MVP and guarantee every penny! (Rolls Eyes so people understand I’m being sarcastic)

Because when we lose it’s everybody’s fault but his! When we win he’s the only guy on the field and absolutely carried the team on his back. 

Roll Tide

#220 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:32 AM

I wonder why? 

I don’t care about Allen as he doesn’t play for the Ravens. The Bills fate was sealed when they lost their only competent RB to the IR. Singletary  was unimpressive to say the very least. The Bills probably should have picked up Ingram before the Chiefs game. At very least he was fresh and could’ve at minimum outperformed Singletary. 

Throwing the ball 50 times is a recipe for disaster in most games.

Roll Tide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=