222 replies to this topic

#181 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:22 PM

Thanks but you don’t have to.... it’s just the circle jerk. I get it. There will be many here that will turn on him later. Many will pretend that they never really liked him.

Its a circle jerk of facts. You're getting beat up my dude. Its ok to tap out.
  • Mike in STL and PrimeTime like this

#182 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:27 PM

You don't though. Lamar could win 5 championships by the end of his career for all we know. Or he could win 0. The only thing that we know for sure is that idiotic fans who hate Lamar will never admit they were wrong...

Yeah, but his out is he “prefers pockets passers”. He doesn’t “hate” Lamar. That’s how trolls work.

That and ignoring facts, changing the point, creating straw men, etc...
@BSLMikeRandall

#183 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:28 PM

Come on, people saying give a 24 year old a chance to grow and improve are obviously extreme Kool-aid drinking homers. Saying he will NEVER be good, despite having a top 10ish of all time season already, is a reasonable and non-extreme position, and btw that season doesn’t count for very good reasons.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#184 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:49 PM

Thanks

I can handle the heat as I know my argument isn't popular! Criticizing him outside of the game thread is extremely frowned up on any Ravens board.

I think I've been pretty consistent with my dislike for Jackson as our QB. I have explained multiple times why and I have pointed out the reasons.

Providing evidence, by that you mean reciting the MVP MVP MVP or pointing out his his completion percentage, TDs , and stuff from last year are all facts. But, none of that puts to rest the things I've pointed out. And Yes .... I still prefer Flacco and will until Jackson gives us one if he ever does!

I will take a Super Bowl every ten years with a guy like Dilfer at the helm over Lamar's performances in the playoffs the last 3 years.

Frankly if you just stopped at the above bolded, and didn't bother mentioning his qualities as a pocket passer then I would have been understanding. Maybe had disagreements with it, but I would have understood where you're coming from. We aren't dumb, and we can pick up on cherry picked stats and comparables.

#185 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:50 PM

If you knew the outcome after the fact the answer would be neither. As much as I dislike him the correct answer would be Brady.

Unless the Ravens have a time machine and are declining to use that for a mysterious reason, I don't see why it'd impact their decision making 

#186 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:57 PM

You don't though. Lamar could win 5 championships by the end of his career for all we know. Or he could win 0. The only thing that we know for sure is that idiotic fans who hate Lamar will never admit they were wrong...

And when he wins none and equally number of homers will never admit it either. BTW, Why would I be idiotic? Because I don’t share your expectations or enthusiasm?

Falcons fans thought Vick was a god as did DC when RG3 arrived.

Lamar had a big regular season last year. But this one was not near as good. And he has played poorly 3 straight years in the playoffs.
Roll Tide

#187 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:10 PM

And when he wins none and equally number of homers will never admit it either. BTW, Why would I be idiotic? Because I don’t share your expectations or enthusiasm?

Falcons fans thought Vick was a god as did DC when RG3 arrived.

Lamar had a big regular season last year. But this one was not near as good. And he has played poorly 3 straight years in the playoffs.

Did I say your name? I said idiotic fans. I mean, if you're finally willing to wear the hat, by all means.

Why don't you mention Josh Allen? Carson Wentz? Why only the black, mobile QB's ?

What about Russell Wilson? I fondly remember people saying the same exact BS about him that you're spewing about Lamar.

You're arguments are based off of assumptions of your own opinions. They have no merit to anyone but yourself. The only legitimate point you have is his lack of postseason success, which no one argues with.

We've literally pointed out every stat, and analytical stat, that prove he has been a good passer. And you brush them off because you are arrogant enough to believe your opinion and assumptions mean more than his actual on field performance.

If you don't like him. That's fine. But stop trying to justify it as anything other than you just don't like him for some odd reason.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#188 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:13 PM

If Lamar had two years just like this year you still extend him. Not for as big of dollars, but you keep him long term. We'll call that level the Baker Mayfield level. Lamar, like Watson and now Allen, have shown he can be well better than that so will get big dollars.

Nobody has ever gotten rid of a average or better quarterback without a replacement already in house. It just doesn't happen. Lamar is miles better than just average, so it's a very easy decision.

What Lamar will do in the future is unknown. I'd rather he win a Super Bowl than not, if that's some sort of gotcha question you're looking for people to answer. So we look at what he's done so far, which is amongst the very best of all time for young quarterbacks, and make a decision on what to do with him. Seems like it's a super easy decision to me. Some very small minority will disagree.

#189 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:19 PM

It’s okay ... the name calling just proves that I’m dealing with a bunch of children. The funny part Is 2 of them are Chris’ guys.
Roll Tide

#190 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:20 PM

Did I say your name? I said idiotic fans. I mean, if you're finally willing to wear the hat, by all means.

Why don't you mention Josh Allen? Carson Wentz? Why only the black, mobile QB's ?

What about Russell Wilson? I fondly remember people saying the same exact BS about him that you're spewing about Lamar.

You're arguments are based off of assumptions of your own opinions. They have no merit to anyone but yourself. The only legitimate point you have is his lack of postseason success, which no one argues with.

We've literally pointed out every stat, and analytical stat, that prove he has been a good passer. And you brush them off because you are arrogant enough to believe your opinion and assumptions mean more than his actual on field performance.

If you don't like him. That's fine. But stop trying to justify it as anything other than you just don't like him for some odd reason.

Who else were you referring to here? Unless it’s Pedro from the game thread last week?

Lamar’s closes comps are RG3 and Vick.

Allen is like having a FB or TE playing QB. I don’t think Wenz is a comp... Maybe Mahomes but I don’t think their play is similar

Lamar clearly wants to run 1st... there isn’t a QB playing right now that is a close comp in my opinion.
Roll Tide

#191 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:26 PM

It’s okay ... the name calling just proves that I’m dealing with a bunch of children. The funny part Is 2 of them are Chris’ guys.

You're the kinda guy that goes to eat at the same restaurant, complains about something every single time, yet still goes back over and and over again, aren't you.

If you don't like dealing with "homers", "children", people that deal in facts, maybe, try somewhere else?

@BSLMikeRandall

#192 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:27 PM

If Lamar had two years just like this year you still extend him. Not for as big of dollars, but you keep him long term. We'll call that level the Baker Mayfield level. Lamar, like Watson and now Allen, have shown he can be well better than that so will get big dollars.

Nobody has ever gotten rid of a average or better quarterback without a replacement already in house. It just doesn't happen. Lamar is miles better than just average, so it's a very easy decision.

What Lamar will do in the future is unknown. I'd rather he win a Super Bowl than not, if that's some sort of gotcha question you're looking for people to answer. So we look at what he's done so far, which is amongst the very best of all time for young quarterbacks, and make a decision on what to do with him. Seems like it's a super easy decision to me. Some very small minority will disagree.

I’m not suggesting cutting him. I just think you handle him like the Cowboys have done with Prescott.
Roll Tide

#193 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:30 PM

Youre trying to get banned right? Martyr yourself. Its the only thing that makes sense for why you're consistently obnoxious and intentionally play stupid and move goal posts

#194 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:34 PM

I’m not suggesting cutting him. I just think you handle him like the Cowboys have done with Prescott.

Maybe not this second. Earlier you said you'd move him to RB or WR and draft a quarterback and before that you said that you'd trade him for Sam Darnold. So again, you're constantly moving the goalposts.

But if your most recent position is what you wanna discuss, if you know he won't win a Super Bowl which you've stated you know for he won't, why are you allowing him to play quarterback year-to-year like Dak Prescott?
  • Mike in STL and BSLRoseKatz like this

#195 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:34 PM

You literally called us homers then referred to us by a sexual act, so who's using ad hominem again?

You don't get to cry martyr about personal attacks when you're using them liberally.

#196 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:37 PM

Maybe not this second. Earlier you said you'd move him to RB or WR and draft a quarterback and before that you said that you'd trade him for Sam Darnold. So again, you're constantly moving the goalposts.

I'd be shocked if he even knows what this means. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#197 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:22 PM

Watching the AFC title game it kinda feels like there won't be any QB of any playing style that'll be able to knock off the Chiefs any time soon at this rate 

#198 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:30 PM

Watching the AFC title game it kinda feels like there won't be any QB of any playing style that'll be able to knock off the Chiefs any time soon at this rate 

Certainly looks like you have to go shot for shot and hope you have the ball last, Big 12 style.

@BSLMikeRandall

#199 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:33 PM

Certainly looks like you have to go shot for shot and hope you have the ball last, Big 12 style.

The fact the Chiefs gave the Bills a free touchdown in the first half and doesn't seem like it'll make a difference certainly feels discouraging 

• Mike in STL likes this

#200 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:45 PM

Who else were you referring to here? Unless it’s Pedro from the game thread last week?

Lamar’s closes comps are RG3 and Vick.

Allen is like having a FB or TE playing QB. I don’t think Wenz is a comp... Maybe Mahomes but I don’t think their play is similar

Lamar clearly wants to run 1st... there isn’t a QB playing right now that is a close comp in my opinion.

I was referring to the idiot fans in general. Just like the idiots who hated Joe Flacco his whole career for stupid reasons. Lamar has done nothing but be a phenomenal football player for this team. Hes a great leader. Hes awesome off the field. He works his ass off all year to be the best player he can be. All to have a a small minority of jabroni's nit-pick his play and try and justify unwarranted hate. And to note, a bunch of those idiots stuck their chests out and pounded it to the "this team will never win a superbowl with Joe Flacco" drum as well.

I mean, you actually suggested we move him to WR or RB and draft a QB. And you were serious. And you STILL think you're justified in saying it. That's so far outside the realm of an intelligent football thought, I'm not even sure a negative adjective exists to label it.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Mike in STL like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=