797 replies to this topic

#701 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:25 PM

No heart. Period. You can bring up their DVOA and PFF numbers all you want. This team isa bunch of leader-less, Heartless, scared little boys pretending to be a bunch of men.

Choke artists. Until proven otherwise. That AJ Brown TD is the most embarrassing play I've ever seen from a Ravens defense.

I think you brought it up in another post, and I brought it up after last week's game.......constantly going for the strip and giving up a bunch more yards because of it.   I know people want an aggressive defense, but at that point in the game and on the field, you've got to worry about tacking first, turnover second.  

#702 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:25 PM

I hope Mike Vrabel gets hit by a bus

That's awesome.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#703 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,562 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:26 PM

You have this game circled all year. Have them on the ropes. And FIND A WAY to lose. That tells you everything you need to know about the character of this team.

#704 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,002 posts

Scarp this junk team and try and go for it next year.

#705 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Ignoring all the other ebbs and flows. The stupid Lamar interception and the officials both live and replay missing that first down are the two key plays that cost this game.

I agree.

The interception changed the complexion of the game.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#706 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,644 posts

You don't get to control people's Fandom. They can do whatever they want.

F off dork. We all know you have put yourself in a position to root against the team just to be right. Sad little man. We know you're out. All good. You're not allowed back in at any point this year and I would encourage Stoner to ban you if you start acting like you're in at any point.

#707 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,562 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:27 PM

I imagine Titans fans felt the exact same way about Billick as we do about Vrabel. This and last January does feel a bit like paying our pennance for siderailing that great Titans team in 2000.

#708 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:27 PM

You have this game circled all year. Have them on the ropes. And FIND A WAY to lose. That tells you everything you need to know about the character of this team.

I'm glad people finally see it.

#709 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:28 PM

I think you brought it up in another post, and I brought it up after last week's game.......constantly going for the strip and giving up a bunch more yards because of it. I know people want an aggressive defense, but at that point in the game and on the field, you've got to worry about tacking first, turnover second.

Its annoying. Hes got to pick his spots for that. I dont mind going for the ball. But when that becomes all that you do instead of just tackling a guy behind the first down marker, you become a liability. Peters had Brown wrapped. All you have to do is help him out and you bring him down 5 yards short of the endzone.
  • cprenegade likes this

#710 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

F off dork. We all know you have put yourself in a position to root against the team just to be right. Sad little man. We know you're out. All good. You're not allowed back in at any point this year and I would encourage Stoner to ban you if you start acting like you're in at any point.

Consult the game thread. I rooted for them the whole time.

And once again, you don't get to tell me to do jack. Squat.

#711 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,644 posts

And I want them again in January. They are the weakest potential divisional winner.

#712 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:29 PM

And I want them again in January. They are the weakest potential divisional winner.

The Ravens might not even be playing in January. The inevitable loss next week puts them at 6-5.

#713 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,644 posts

I imagine Titans fans felt the exact same way about Billick as we do about Vrabel. This and last January does feel a bit like paying our pennance for siderailing that great Titans team in 2000.

Except Tenn has no chance at winning a SB.

#714 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Except Tenn has no chance at winning a SB.

Right. But Baltimore does. Hokay.

#715 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,562 posts
  • LocationMaryland

January is far from a sure thing my friend. I still, perhaps foolishly, think they'll rebound, but there's a very real chance at this point they don't.

That said, they're winning Thursday. Book it.
  • sandiegosean likes this

#716 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,644 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:30 PM

Consult the game thread. I rooted for them the whole time.

And once again, you don't get to tell me to do jack. Squat.

You dont want them to win. You want to be right.You're a sad little man.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#717 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:31 PM

You dont want them to win. You want to be right.You're a sad little man.

Whatever you need to tell yourself. Go look for yourself.

#718 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:32 PM

So, while I sincerely hope the team won't feel this way, in the long game picture and given all the injuries and the current playoff situation, are we better off tanking to secure a better draft position?

#719 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,644 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:33 PM

January is far from a sure thing my friend. I still, perhaps foolishly, think they'll rebound, but there's a very real chance at this point they don't.

That said, they're winning Thursday. Book it.

I guess there is some chance 10-6 doesnt make the playoffs but if Lamar is healthy we're at 10 wins and in. They beat themselves on offense and they are soft on defense. If it doesn't change we'll be out whether its Dec or Jan.

#720 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:34 PM

So, while I sincerely hope the team won't feel this way, in the long game picture and given all the injuries and the current playoff situation, are we better off tanking to secure a better draft position?

If you're operating on hard logic, yes.

I don't want them to try to tank, but seeing as how they have next to zero chance of doing anything in the postseason (if they even get there), having a higher draft pick is never a bad thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=