797 replies to this topic

#781 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:26 AM

There are a lot of issues and blame to go around with this entire team, but man I can't get over the penalties. I know at least one Titans scoring drive was extended twice by penalties yesterday. Constant setbacks on offense geting them behind down and distance and ruining makeable short yardage opportunities. That's the kind of avoidable garbage that makes these losses so much more frustrating.

In-play penalties are one thing.  They don't bother me so much unless it's the same guy doing the same thing over and over again.  

The formation penalties on offense and other times where Lamar turns around to hand it off and there is no back there are the most infuriating to me.  We didn't see that last year and if anything I think the offense was more complicated.  I think some excuse can fairly be given for the lack of offseason practice time, but still a lot of blame has to go on the coaching and players for simply not being able to get the basic building blocks of the offense right.  Get lined up correctly and know the playcall!

• JordanKough and TwentyThirtyFive like this

#782 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:32 PM

I'm ready to move on from Harbaugh.

Beyond that, the team seems languid and lacks the dynamism that it had last year. I never thought I'd say this but right now they're just not very fun to watch

We are all disappointed over the last month, but moving on from Harbaugh should not even be a consideration.

@mikeghg

#783 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:34 PM

Harbaugh was the only one out there defending his 50 yard line pregame. Again, some of these guys need to find some balls.

He was out there so no one else went.  The camera's did not show us, but I would be willing to bet the coaches were telling erveryone else to stay back.  

Saying the teams lacks balls or guts is what we as fans say,  It takes plenty of guts to play.  

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this
@mikeghg

#784 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:37 PM

He was out there so no one else went. The camera's did not show us, but I would be willing to bet the coaches were telling erveryone else to stay back.
Saying the teams lacks balls or guts is what we as fans say, It takes plenty of guts to play.

Nah, they lack heart for sure. I don't see how that can even be debated at this point. Not saying this midfield skirmish is the thing to look at. More like that disgusting AJ Brown TD yesterday, or getting punched in the mouth from Henry at the worst moment after holding him in check most of the day. Choking away the Pittsburgh game. They just lack a certain mental edge and toughness. But we always compare those things to the Ray and Ed years, and that will never happen again. That was a special era.

#785 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:39 PM

We are all disappointed over the last month, but moving on from Harbaugh should not even be a consideration.

Yeah, I was in this camp from about 2016 to 2018. Then I saw his ability to adapt to the sweeping changes in systems, and I was quite impressed. I’m sure Steelers fans wanted Tomlin gone when they were getting beat by Tim Tebow and the like and having cold starts to seasons. Look at them this year now, even if they have been “lucky”. Stability in the head coaches seat seems to matter. He’s had great success in a few different eras of this team. It would take something catastrophic for me to think firing him would make the team better.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#786 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, I was in this camp from about 2016 to 2018. Then I saw his ability to adapt to the sweeping changes in systems, and I was quite impressed. I’m sure Steelers fans wanted Tomlin gone when they were getting beat by Tim Tebow and the like and having cold starts to seasons. Look at them this year now, even if they have been “lucky”. Stability in the head coaches seat seems to matter. He’s had great success in a few different eras of this team. It would take something catastrophic for me to think firing him would make the team better.

To me the issues, come from just not be able to finish teams off.  Last year they were money in those situations, this year no.  The KC game was not close.  the other 3 losses should have been wins if they cou7ld just make another play, or not turn the ball over.  I really think the defense wore down yesterday.  mThe one thing the Ravens have always done is to rotate players in and out on the D line.  Yesterday, they did not have that luxury and it killed them in the end.  All that said, if the Ravens even get a FG on that interception drive, I think the game is over.  Ifs and buts for sure, but let's not go off and expect coaches to be fired when last year everyone was saying how smart they are.

@mikeghg

#787 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:55 PM

Nah, they lack heart for sure. I don't see how that can even be debated at this point. Not saying this midfield skirmish is the thing to look at. More like that disgusting AJ Brown TD yesterday, or getting punched in the mouth from Henry at the worst moment after holding him in check most of the day. Choking away the Pittsburgh game. They just lack a certain mental edge and toughness. But we always compare those things to the Ray and Ed years, and that will never happen again. That was a special era.

I disagree 10% about the heart comment.  IMO, lack of heart translates into effort and desire.  They battled the whole game.  Mistakes and I think fatigue beat them.

@mikeghg

#788 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:59 PM

I disagree 10% about the heart comment.  IMO, lack of heart translates into effort and desire.  They battled the whole game.  Mistakes and I think fatigue beat them.

You know, this is a good tact. I've never felt so non-defensive when someone disagreed with me before. Incremental disagreement is healthy. ;)

In all seriousness, when you have heart, you dig deep and come up big in the games biggest moments. Something we saw routinely in the Ray/Ed years. You don't let AJ Brown plow over you to win the game. You don't disappear in NE because of some rain. You don't choke away the Pittsburgh game because some penalties got your panties in a bunch. This team lacks character.

• Mike B, JordanKough and russsnyder like this

#789 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:07 PM

There was nothing even resembling heart in this defense when A.J. Brown got into the end zone. That was NYJ level bad.

#790 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:12 PM

There was nothing even resembling heart in this defense when A.J. Brown got into the end zone. That was NYJ level bad.

Frankly that is crap.  That play happens, during football games.  Brown broke tackles and make a good play.  Lack of heart, fight, character is stuff fans say when they are mad.  It doesn't make it true.  I have one player I am disappointed in, that I felt like could have done more physically in yesterdays game.  Everyone else, I thought battled their asses off.

@mikeghg

#791 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:13 PM

You know, this is a good tact. I've never felt so non-defensive when someone disagreed with me before. Incremental disagreement is healthy. ;)

In all seriousness, when you have heart, you dig deep and come up big in the games biggest moments. Something we saw routinely in the Ray/Ed years. You don't let AJ Brown plow over you to win the game. You don't disappear in NE because of some rain. You don't choke away the Pittsburgh game because some penalties got your panties in a bunch. This team lacks character.

Actually I meant to say 100%.  The damn zero sticks on my keyboard.  

@mikeghg

#792 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:17 PM

Frankly that is crap.  That play happens, during football games.  Brown broke tackles and make a good play.  Lack of heart, fight, character is stuff fans say when they are mad.  It doesn't make it true.  I have one player I am disappointed in, that I felt like could have done more physically in yesterdays game.  Everyone else, I thought battled their asses off.

One other thing, even when I disagree, I try never to put people on the defensive.  You bring, a lot of good posts to the board, and we do not have to agree on everything.  I think we all post out of frustration over the games.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#793 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:18 PM

And things just got worse.  

The Ravens have multiple positive Covid tests and have closed the facility.

Thursday's game in jeopardy for sure.

@mikeghg

#794 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:43 PM

One other thing, even when I disagree, I try never to put people on the defensive. You bring, a lot of good posts to the board, and we do not have to agree on everything. I think we all post out of frustration over the games.

I knew you meant 100%, was just trying to have some fun. And you never put people on the defensive, you're one of my favorite people here because you stay out of all that nonsense. Something I crave, but fail miserably at. Hoping it gets better with age for me.

#795 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:43 PM

And things just got worse.  

The Ravens have multiple positive Covid tests and have closed the facility.

Thursday's game in jeopardy for sure.

Blessing in disguise? 

Also, let's say the Ravens and Pitt have to cancel this game. That would actually increase the playoff field to 8 because Pitt can't take another bye. So the Ravens would be best served NOT to play Thursday, lol. 

#796 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:44 PM

Yeah, the Brown and Henry touchdown exposed a lack of heart and toughness on the part of the defense. You have to want to stick your nose in there when you have been getting pounded. I didn't see a lot of desire on those two plays, much less the poor weather conditions in Foxboro. ( Poor babies should have been huddling together under some ponchos with some hot chocolate.)
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#797 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:46 PM

I knew you meant 100%, was just trying to have some fun. And you never put people on the defensive, you're one of my favorite people here because you stay out of all that nonsense. Something I crave, but fail miserably at. Hoping it gets better with age for me.

Hey, the next time we go after each other, let's do it Mike B's way of 10 %. I bet I can beat you by going at 8% ! Lol
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#798 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:49 PM

Hey, the next time we go after each other, let's do it Mike B's way of 10 %. I bet I can beat you by going at 8% ! Lol

Lol... worth a shot, right? ;)
  • russsnyder likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=