745 replies to this topic

#721 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 05:36 PM

Calling them non title contenders is just stupid. If they lose Lamar they become non contenders. If Campbell and Williams were to be out for the year they're non title contenders. Its a claim from an irrational, overly negative person. The majority of people inside and outside Baltimore would still say they are a title contender. As do the advanced stats that have us as the 5th highest likely team to win the SB. Im done dealing with this bs. Irrational people are the absolute worst. This Ravens team likely wont win the championship and you're the type that'll say I told you so and it'll confirm your irrationality. Not a single team in this league is likely to win the championship. Not a single team is close to 50+% probability to win it all. I guarantee you said this team was a non contender in 2012. If you're claiming this team is a non title contender you definitely said the same thing when they were 8 and 5 after being destroyed by Denver at home. And you're too dense to learn from your mistakes to dismiss good teams in the middle of a reg season.

Seek anger management courses.

I wish your posts didn't get edited by mods so that the level of unhinged aggression you show over a difference of opinion was on full display.

#722 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 05:48 PM

Seek anger management courses.

I wish your posts didn't get edited by mods so that the level of unhinged aggression you show over a difference of opinion was on full display.

You're an unreasonable irrational wuss. Yes, that annoys the living crap out of me. Now, lie to me and tell me you didn't say the Ravens were non contenders after Week 15 in 2012.

#723 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:35 PM

You're an unreasonable irrational wuss. Yes, that annoys the living crap out of me. Now, lie to me and tell me you didn't say the Ravens were non contenders after Week 15 in 2012.

Nothing is more sad than a middle-aged keyboard warrior hurling insults from behind a screen at someone he's never met over the performance of a particular team playing a kids game. No grown adult still calls someone a "wuss" or a "bitchboy." You sound like a fool and you don't even know it.

I thought the Ravens were done in 2012, and through one of the most improbable, flukey breakdowns in the modern playoff era, they slayed Goliath when a safety inexplicably let Jacoby Jones get 10 yards behind him for a hail mary td. So what? You have to reach back almost a decade to a crazy game to "prove" me wrong? Congrats on that.

Incidentally, the 2012 team was better than this one. They had a squad of tough receivers, battle-hardened leaders on defense, a good O-line, and a feature RB. This team has none of those things.

#724 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:39 PM

Nothing is more sad than a middle-aged keyboard warrior hurling insults from behind a screen at someone he's never met over the performance of a particular team playing a kids game. No grown adult still calls someone a "wuss" or a "bitchboy." You sound like a fool and you don't even know it.

I thought the Ravens were done in 2012, and through one of the most improbable, flukey breakdowns in the modern playoff era, they slayed Goliath when a safety inexplicably let Jacoby Jones get 10 yards behind him for a hail mary td. So what? You have to reach back almost a decade to a crazy game to "prove" me wrong? Congrats on that.

Incidentally, the 2012 team was better than this one. They had a squad of tough receivers, battle-hardened leaders on defense, a good O-line, and a feature RB. This team has none of those things.

There's no such thing as a fluke Super Bowl season. Doesn't exist. The league is too hard. Safeties break down all the time late in games - rarely does a QB or even a coach/play-call make you pay for it.

You can think what you want about 2035, but how does it feel that 98% of the posters here are sick of your posts? Does that not cause you to stop and question some things even a little bit?
  • ChaosLex likes this

#725 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:44 PM

There's no such thing as a fluke Super Bowl season. Doesn't exist. The league is too hard. Safeties break down all the time late in games - rarely does a QB or even a coach/play-call make you pay for it.

You can think what you want about 2035, but how does it feel that 98% of the posters here are sick of your posts? Does that not cause you to stop and question some things even a little bit?

2035. My chances of being around for that are iffy at best. What in the world does Slide want that far in the future?

#726 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:44 PM

Nope. I really don't care. Have I been wrong? Every week this team proves me more and more right, which just makes people dislike my posts more. That's fine. Some people just need to feel like rah-rah cheerleaders all the time. Cool for them.

I don't care about winning internet popularity contests. My opinions are based on what I'm seeing on the field, and from the sound of others here, they agree with me.

Also, no idea what your 2035 comment is about.

#727 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:52 PM

2035 is the poster that's been kicking your ass all over BSL. I didn't feel like spelling it out. It takes a special kind of ego to not give a damn when everyone is blasting you constantly. But whatever, to each their own.

#728 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:59 PM

2035 is the poster that's been kicking your ass all over BSL. I didn't feel like spelling it out. It takes a special kind of ego to not give a damn when everyone is blasting you constantly. But whatever, to each their own.

Whooosh. The sound your original use of 2035 made going over my old gray head. 😟
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#729 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:04 PM

Haa, sorry about that.

#730 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:06 PM

Exactly. Its so disingenuous to just say fluky, miracle play and leave it at that. Incredibly disingenuous. If the Ravens were non contenders they wouldn't have played the best reg season team that tough. They were right there with them and put themselves in position to take advantage of a mistake. Mistakes happen every single game of every single sport thats played. If they werent a SB contender and only received 1 lucky break they wouldnt have gone into NE the next week and dominated the 2nd best team in football that year. If they werent a SB contender they wouldnt have beat the NFCs best team in the SB. Like I said, hes an idiot who makes the same mistake over and over again. I have no tolerance for people who can't evolve their mindset and learn from past mistakes. That does annoy the heck out of me. What he does is way different than Pedro or Sean or anyone else who comes into a game thread and blows off steam for a few minutes. Hes intolerable.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#731 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:21 PM

If by "kicking my ass all over BSL" you mean "acting like a middle aged ex-frat boy with an anger management problem," then sure.

It's not about ego - it's about not being willing to lie to myself about what I see in this team. If it makes you feel better to go with the "anything can happen! They're still awesome! Just wait till they get healthy! They're gonna peak at the right time!" narratives, then go nuts. I can't do that, because I don't believe it.

#732 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:24 PM

If by "kicking my ass all over BSL" you mean "acting like a middle aged ex-frat boy with an anger management problem," then sure.

It's not about ego - it's about not being willing to lie to myself about what I see in this team. If it makes you feel better to go with the "anything can happen! They're still awesome! Just wait till they get healthy! They're gonna peak at the right time!" narratives, then go nuts. I can't do that, because I don't believe it.

Not believing it is one thing. Shoving it down our throats constantly is another. But I realize there's nothing I can say that would make you stop, so I'll let it go. To each their own.

#733 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:24 PM

Exactly. Its so disingenuous to just say fluky, miracle play and leave it at that. Incredibly disingenuous. If the Ravens were non contenders they wouldn't have played the best reg season team that tough. They were right there with them and put themselves in position to take advantage of a mistake. Mistakes happen every single game of every single sport thats played. If they werent a SB contender and only received 1 lucky break they wouldnt have gone into NE the next week and dominated the 2nd best team in football that year. If they werent a SB contender they wouldnt have beat the NFCs best team in the SB. Like I said, hes an idiot who makes the same mistake over and over again. I have no tolerance for people who can't evolve their mindset and learn from past mistakes. That does annoy the heck out of me. What he does is way different than Pedro or Sean or anyone else who comes into a game thread and blows off steam for a few minutes. Hes intolerable.

There are no absolutes in anything. Being wrong once almost a decade ago about a team doesn't invalidate anyone's feelings about the team now. If it did, none of us could voice any opinion at all, because there would be an example in a century of professional football to "disprove" their thoughts.

Things are usually exactly what they look like. The exceptions stick out because they're so rare.

#734 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:26 PM

Not believing it is one thing. Shoving it down our throats constantly is another. But I realize there's nothing I can say that would make you stop, so I'll let it go. To each their own.

How am I shoving it down anyone's throat more than anybody else? I'm not gluing anyone's eyes open and forcing them to read what I say over and over again. It's a message board for crissakes.

I post my opinions like everyone else. The only difference is that you don't like them.

#735 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:30 PM

Incidentally, for what it's worth, I did not have these opinions last year. I was very high on them last year. They proved me wrong, and I knew then that their best chance at a SB had just been blown - seasons line up like that about once in a generation.

#736 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:39 PM

Incidentally, for what it's worth, I did not have these opinions last year. I was very high on them last year. They proved me wrong, and I knew then that their best chance at a SB had just been blown - seasons line up like that about once in a generation.

I call BS on this. Without looking I know you were in sky is falling mode in week 4, 2019.

Look. The Ravens have sucked for three weeks aside from one half a week ago. It’s going to get everyone upset. Saying things like “I’ve been saying it all along...” “Haven’t been wrong yet...” is just a very unbecoming trait, which is why you get attacked.

Are you wrong when you say they’re 0-6 when trailing by 10 under Lamar? No. Those are facts. Are you wrong when you say they aren’t title contenders? Maybe, because your definition might differ from another’s which makes it opinion. Opinion can be debated.
@BSLMikeRandall

#737 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:27 PM

I call BS on this. Without looking I know you were in sky is falling mode in week 4, 2019.

Look. The Ravens have sucked for three weeks aside from one half a week ago. It’s going to get everyone upset. Saying things like “I’ve been saying it all along...” “Haven’t been wrong yet...” is just a very unbecoming trait, which is why you get attacked.

Are you wrong when you say they’re 0-6 when trailing by 10 under Lamar? No. Those are facts. Are you wrong when you say they aren’t title contenders? Maybe, because your definition might differ from another’s which makes it opinion. Opinion can be debated.

I bring up the "I haven't been wrong" stuff only because I get told I'm an idiot on a daily basis for thinking what I think. But it isn't very idiotic if their play keeps supporting my viewpoints.

Then again, the prevailing attitude here seems to be that if you're not a rah-rah "Superbowl baby!" fan, then you're a troll. So, whatever. I'm not going to pretend to think something I don't.

#738 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 11:34 PM

Shockingly wrong. Not a single purple lollipopper on the board from what I've seen. Everyone posting has expressed the issues they have with the team and understands they need to clean things up and play better ball. Again, you're the one who's passing judgement 9 games into a season where they are 6-3. And lets be real youve been passing judgement since Week freaking 1.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#739 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2020 - 11:55 PM

Shockingly wrong. Not a single purple lollipopper on the board from what I've seen. Everyone posting has expressed the issues they have with the team and understands they need to clean things up and play better ball. Again, your the one who's passing judgement 9 games into a season where they are 6-3. And lets be real youve been passing judgement since Week freaking 1.

Since kickoff of the Titans game last year really.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#740 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:02 AM

Since kickoff of the Titans game last year really.

Thankfully I wasn't around last year. Im sure it was more of the same. Especially through 4 games. When you start blowing everyone out its kinda hard to run your mouth. Just like it was hard for him to run his mouth in the 2nd half of last weeks game. He was around. He posted in the 1st half. Crickets the 2nd half and all week up until Thur or Fri.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=