745 replies to this topic

#701 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 12:38 PM

In a year where our blocking has been pretty terrible, we've lost Stanley and now Boyle. The run D is completely debilitated without stacking the box without Calais and BWill. It just isn't our year. I'm still pissed at the awful coaching last night.

Maybe not.

Last night's loss is especially tough with Tennessee on the horizon, followed by Pittsburgh on a short week.

They need to win one of these two to begin turning it around.

<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#702 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 01:02 PM

Gotta give credit to New England for playing a perfect game in awful conditions. Cam outplayed Lamar.  No dropped balls for New England that I can think of.   I am absolutely shocked the Ravens were not able to generate at least one turnover in conditions like that.  

• JStruds likes this

#703 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 01:05 PM

Gotta give credit to New England for playing a perfect game in awful conditions. Cam outplayed Lamar. No dropped balls for New England that I can think of. I am absolutely shocked the Ravens were not able to generate at least one turnover in conditions like that.

Hats off to NE.

The better team won last night.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#704 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 01:57 PM

6-3 and making the playoffs?

A good-not-great team who can't come from behind, and doesn't have a realistic chance of contending against the league's best.

#705 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,357 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:12 PM

A good-not-great team who can't come from behind, and doesn't have a realistic chance of contending against the league's best.

Because they didnt "contend" with the 8-0 Steelers. You're so full of it. And I'll leave it at contend and not use the proper word which is outplay.

#706 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:15 PM

Because they didnt "contend" with the 8-0 Steelers. You're so full of it. And I'll leave it at contend and not use the proper word which is outplay.

Okay then.

#707 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,610 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:35 PM

Yea, last week they didn't come from behind against a 6-3 team.

If we play that Steeler game 10 times we win it 8.

You just have no idea what you're talking about. 

Or you're a troll.

Maybe both?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#708 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:59 PM

The voice of reason

Roll Tide

#709 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 03:31 PM

They came back against the Colts a week ago.

I think they can contend against the league's best. They have the ability to beat anyone. So far injuries and costly mistakes have done them in in two of their three losses.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#710 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 03:37 PM

The only losses I'm going to get really down about are the ones that eliminate us from the playoffs. Whether it happens in the regular season or in the postseason it really doesn't matter.

It's been 25 years of being a Raven fan. I've gotten to the point where the regular season means less and less and it's mostly about what happens in the playoffs. I understand you need to play well in the regular season to make the playoffs. Getting a home game or HFA is even bigger. But we saw last year that teams get hot and can beat anyone. We have that ability. It just needs to come together. If we go on the road, so what. We've done it before and won. There will be no fans in the stadiums if there are even games at all. If we go into KC or Pittsburgh and beat them despite having lose to them in the regular season it will be forgotten.

Win when it matters. Especially when it absolutely matters. We're not there yet.

• JordanKough, TwentyThirtyFive and BSLRoseKatz like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#711 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,357 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 03:48 PM

The only losses I'm going to get really down about are the ones that eliminate us from the playoffs. Whether it happens in the regular season or in the postseason it really doesn't matter.

It's been 25 years of being a Raven fan. I've gotten to the point where the regular season means less and less and it's mostly about what happens in the playoffs. I understand you need to play well in the regular season to make the playoffs. Getting a home game or HFA is even bigger. But we saw last year that teams get hot and can beat anyone. We have that ability. It just needs to come together. If we go on the road, so what. We've done it before and won. There will be no fans in the stadiums if there are even games at all. If we go into KC or Pittsburgh and beat them despite having lose to them in the regular season it will be forgotten.

Win when it matters. Especially when it absolutely matters. We're not there yet.

Well said. I used to stress every reg season game too. Ultimately all that matters is making the playoffs and how you do once you get there. If the season ended today, with all the injuries and some disarray I wouldn't fancy our chances. Luckily it doesnt end today. We've got time to most importantly get healthy. I dont have much hope for the offense turning things around in a big way but I still believe they are competent enough to compete with and beat good teams

#712 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:39 PM

Yea, last week they didn't come from behind against a 6-3 team.

If we play that Steeler game 10 times we win it 8.

You just have no idea what you're talking about.

Or you're a troll.

Maybe both?

This current iteration of the Ravens are 0-6 when trailing by 10 points. In other words, once they're down by more than a score, it's all but over.

As for the Steeler comment, substantiate that please. Otherwise that opinion is worth as much as anyone's, which is to say, not at all.

#713 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:40 PM

I think they can contend against the league's best. They have the ability to beat anyone. So far injuries and costly mistakes have done them in in two of their three losses.

As I said before, they're 0-6 when down by 10 or more. Once it's past a 1 score game, its basically already over.

#714 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,357 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:42 PM

This current iteration of the Ravens are 0-6 when trailing by 10 points. In other words, once they're down by more than a score, it's all but over.

As for the Steeler comment, substantiate that please. Otherwise that opinion is worth as much as anyone's, which is to say, not at all.

Yet they're 35-6. Good thing they rarely fall down by double digits. Novel thought maybe the fact that they rarely fall down by 10 to anyone and have won 35 of 41 games over that span says this "iteration " is wait for it, GOOD!
  • You Play to Win the Game, Mike in STL and BSLRoseKatz like this

#715 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:44 PM

Yet they're 35-6. Good thing they rarely fall down by double digits. Novel thought maybe the fact that they rarely fall down by 10 to anyone and have won 35 of 41 games over that span says this "iteration " is wait for it, GOOD!

Yes they're good.

Not great. Not title contenders. They're probably-won't-make-it-past-the-divisional-round-even-if-they-win-the-wild-card-game 10-11 wins esque good.

#716 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,357 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:52 PM

Yes they're good.

Not great. Not title contenders. They're probably-won't-make-it-past-the-divisional-round-even-if-they-win-the-wild-card-game 10-11 wins esque good.

Rofl. 35-6 says great. Indisputable. Calling them a non title contender while some of the others you claim are title contenders just proves your irrationality.

#717 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:54 PM

Rofl. 35-6 says great. Indisputable. Calling them a non title contender while some of the others you claim are title contenders just proves your irrationality.

Irrational is looking at last year's team and deciding it has some kind of bearing on how this year's team does.

This team is much, much worse than last year's, especially considering injuries.

#718 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:57 PM

They were only down a FG against the Colts.  The Ravens aren’t good at playing from behind.

Roll Tide

#719 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,357 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 05:07 PM

Calling them non title contenders is just stupid. If they lose Lamar they become non contenders. If Campbell and Williams were to be out for the year they're non title contenders. Its a claim from an irrational, overly negative person. The majority of people inside and outside Baltimore would still say they are a title contender. As do the advanced stats that have us as the 5th highest likely team to win the SB. Im done dealing with this bs. Irrational people are the absolute worst. This Ravens team likely wont win the championship and you're the type that'll say I told you so and it'll confirm your irrationality. Not a single team in this league is likely to win the championship. Not a single team is close to 50+% probability to win it all. I guarantee you said this team was a non contender in 2012. If you're claiming this team is a non title contender you definitely said the same thing when they were 8 and 5 after being destroyed by Denver at home. And you're too dense to learn from your mistakes to dismiss good teams in the middle of a reg season.

#720 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 November 2020 - 05:33 PM

Maybe not.

Last night's loss is especially tough with Tennessee on the horizon, followed by Pittsburgh on a short week.

They need to win one of these two to begin turning it around.

Of course it's "maybe not". Games turn on the bounce of the ball, an official's call and other factors not in the players control. But, realistically, IF Campbell and Williams miss the Tenn game and - God forbid the Steelers game too - our chances are greatly diminished regardless of how healthy we become in December and January. Potential is not as great a deciding factor as is performance NOW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=