#741 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:44 AM

Calling them non title contenders is just stupid. If they lose Lamar they become non contenders. If Campbell and Williams were to be out for the year they're non title contenders. Its a claim from an irrational, overly negative person. The majority of people inside and outside Baltimore would still say they are a title contender. As do the advanced stats that have us as the 5th highest likely team to win the SB. Im done dealing with this bs. Irrational people are the absolute worst. This Ravens team likely wont win the championship and you're the type that'll say I told you so and it'll confirm your irrationality. Not a single team in this league is likely to win the championship. Not a single team is close to 50+% probability to win it all. I guarantee you said this team was a non contender in 2012. If you're claiming this team is a non title contender you definitely said the same thing when they were 8 and 5 after being destroyed by Denver at home. And you're too dense to learn from your mistakes to dismiss good teams in the middle of a reg season.

I really don’t want to get into the middle of yourdebate. But, you really think the Ravens are contenders. If you call making the playoffs contenders I guess you are right. But, I just don’t see this team winning a playoff game again this year. The offense and MR Jackson don’t play well from behind. I agree that replacing Jackson with RG3 or McSorley won’t improve our chances. But, Jackson isn’t the player that he was last year. His Passer rating is 18th, he’s throwing a pick per game over the past 6, and teams have been able to minimize his rushing effectiveness compared to last season.

And now injuries have decimated the defensive side of the ball. We have Coaches who are too slow to adjust in game. It took getting shredded by Harris for 100+ before Wink altered the defense. Roman and Harbaugh seem unwilling to replace a center who is mediocre and has snapping issues. And on top of all of that we keep seeing passes dropped by our playmakers at crucial times. Plus now, We are dealing with pressure to force the ball to Antonio Brown.....oops I meant Marquis. 

All of this and our roster hasn’t taken the hit yet for making the mistake of giving a QB 35-45 million per season yet. I predict that  once that happens this team will be very mediocre. It happen with Flacco and it’s going to happen with Jackson. 

• russsnyder likes this
Roll Tide

#742 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 07:04 AM

I really don’t want to get into the middle of yourdebate. But, you really think the Ravens are contenders. If you call making the playoffs contenders I guess you are right. But, I just don’t see this team winning a playoff game again this year. The offense and MR Jackson don’t play well from behind. I agree that replacing Jackson with RG3 or McSorley won’t improve our chances. But, Jackson isn’t the player that he was last year. His Passer rating is 18th, he’s throwing a pick per game over the past 6, and teams have been able to minimize his rushing effectiveness compared to last season.

And now injuries have decimated the defensive side of the ball. We have Coaches who are too slow to adjust in game. It took getting shredded by Harris for 100+ before Wink altered the defense. Roman and Harbaugh seem unwilling to replace a center who is mediocre and has snapping issues. And on top of all of that we keep seeing passes dropped by our playmakers at crucial times. Plus now, We are dealing with pressure to force the ball to Antonio Brown.....oops I meant Marquis.

All of this and our roster hasn’t taken the hit yet for making the mistake of giving a QB 35-45 million per season yet. I predict that once that happens this team will be very mediocre. It happen with Flacco and it’s going to happen with Jackson.

You make some good points.

Teams have done a pretty good job of limiting Jackson's explosiveness as a runner. He has been mediocre as a passer as well. More importantly, the injuries have been piling up on both sides if the ball.

I think the doubts about Lamar's ability to win in the playoffs has drifted into the the regular season. The Ravens have not played well against the better teams in the league. It may seem unfair to some, but many QB's have had to deal with the exact situation through the years.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#743 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 07:06 AM

Shockingly wrong. Not a single purple lollipopper on the board from what I've seen. Everyone posting has expressed the issues they have with the team and understands they need to clean things up and play better ball. Again, you're the one who's passing judgement 9 games into a season where they are 6-3. And lets be real youve been passing judgement since Week freaking 1.

Since week 3, not week 1. That's when I knew this team's issues from last year's disappointing finish were persisting. Do you disagree?

And yes, I am passing judgement. Every one of us passes judgement. We're fans. This is a message board. Are you new 'round these parts?

#744 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 07:07 AM

Since kickoff of the Titans game last year really.

That is factually incorrect, and you can check the postings to verify.

#745 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 07:09 AM

Thankfully I wasn't around last year. Im sure it was more of the same. Especially through 4 games. When you start blowing everyone out its kinda hard to run your mouth. Just like it was hard for him to run his mouth in the 2nd half of last weeks game. He was around. He posted in the 1st half. Crickets the 2nd half and all week up until Thur or Fri.

I posted regularly all last season, frequently being extremely complimentary and congratulatory (not that I need to justify myself to you).

You're not the board police, and you're not a superman. Get over yourself.

#746 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 November 2020 - 07:58 AM

You make some good points.

Teams have done a pretty good job of limiting Jackson's explosiveness as a runner. He has been mediocre as a passer as well. More importantly, the injuries have been piling up on both sides if the ball.

I think the doubts about Lamar's ability to win in the playoffs has drifted into the the regular season. The Ravens have not played well against the better teams in the league. It may seem unfair to some, but many QB's have had to deal with the exact situation through the years.

I agree .... I thought signing Flacco to his ridiculous contract was a mistake back when his agent bent Ozzie over the desk. I think history will repeat itself minus the Super Bowl. I think franchise QBs are the biggest mistake in the NFL today. Unless you get Mahomes, Brady , r Peyton Manning it’s a huge mistake to give one 20-25% of your salary cap.

Roll Tide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=