#61 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:54 PM

I just got more pumped for this game.  Just checked my email.  I got tickets for Sunday.  It is pricey  but I will be at the Bank in my Ravens purple on Sunday.

Let’s go Ravens!

• You Play to Win the Game, JordanKough, Mike in STL and 1 other like this
@mikeghg

#62 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:05 PM

Are they still confident that Dobbins is the bellcow of the future or is the shine on his star starting to fade?

I think it's just the assignment pick up and the style of play with the interior offensive lineman.  Gus is the best option for that route, not the most complete running back.

@Olsen_Don

#63 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:39 PM

I think it's just the assignment pick up and the style of play with the interior offensive lineman. Gus is the best option for that route, not the most complete running back.

Ok, so they are still excited for JK longterm?

#64 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 30 October 2020 - 07:02 PM

Ok, so they are still excited for JK longterm?

Oh yeah.  One, they didn't want him to hit a rookie wall. 

Two, it's a tough concept to pick up and assignments in pass blocking are key. He has released into the flat at some times he needed to stay inside, he picked up the wrong assignment while blocking at other times.  He is slowly getting it, but Gus is the better option for the safety of Lamar in what they want to start back up in the passing game...but they need to effectively run the ball for the play action to pick back up.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@Olsen_Don

#65 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:15 PM

Oh yeah. One, they didn't want him to hit a rookie wall.

Two, it's a tough concept to pick up and assignments in pass blocking are key. He has released into the flat at some times he needed to stay inside, he picked up the wrong assignment while blocking at other times. He is slowly getting it, but Gus is the better option for the safety of Lamar in what they want to start back up in the passing game...but they need to effectively run the ball for the play action to pick back up.

I'm very glad to hear this. Can't keep hoping the line will click, have to start trying more protections.

#66 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 09:47 PM

On both sides of the ball? 

I'm always taking 3rd down and red zone efficiency for either. Don't give up TDs or score them, and convert long drives or avoid them. 

Yes, both sides.

Your reasoning makes sense to me. Was just kind of thinking out loud, wondering if someone had an idea of how they'd prioritize the importance of things. Glad you added or inferred this would be your approach to any game. Thanks Jordan.

Also I guess if you're converting on 3rd down & in the red zone, you'd be overcoming most of the other categories you may lose. Except for turnovers. I think I'd have a hard time keeping that off my list. There I go thinking again :)

• JordanKough likes this

#67 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 08:26 AM

BTSC: It will be a blitz-fest in Baltimore when the Steelers play the Ravens in Week 8
https://www.behindth...watt-bud-dupree

#68 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 08:29 AM

Balt Ravens.com: Late for Work 10/30: Predictions for Ravens vs. Steelers
https://www.baltimor...ens-vs-steelers

#69 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 05:16 PM

I just got more pumped for this game.  Just checked my email.  I got tickets for Sunday.  It is pricey  but I will be at the Bank in my Ravens purple on Sunday.

Let’s go Ravens!

Hope you give them some good mojo because they're going to need all they can get.  Should be a strange experience being in the stadium with so few people.  And don't forget your rain gear. 

#70 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 05:23 PM

I am told this is going to be a Gus the Bus week and a heavy dose. I am fine with that approach because they lack Devin Bush and the one gap at full speed is someone that can gash up the middle. They also believe that Gus gives them the play action they need to go back to in tall order.

Just out of curiosity, where are you getting your information? Reading your posts seems like I'm interacting with a Ravens employee.

#71 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:26 PM

I think the Ravens are going to have to have success in the passing game tomorrow to win.  The Steelers defense has been pretty tough on the run all year long, and even without Devin Bush they held Derrick Henry to 75 yards last week.  The games I have seen with them this year have shown they are vulnerable to some big plays in the secondary.  I think running Edwards into the line 20 times, or using Dobbins similarly will not result in a lot of offense.  I would use 10-15 designed Lamar Jackson runs.  The Steelers have been very good wrapping up conventional running games, Jackson will add a dimension they are not used to seeing.  Now would be the time to unleash him.  

I like the Ravens in this game because they are home, coming off of a bye, and it is so much more critical to them.  The Steelers can drop this game and still control their destiny because of their schedule and the rematch being in Pittsburgh.  After the Ravens they play Dallas, Cincinnati, and Jacksonville.  Even with a loss they probably go into the Thanksgiving rematch at 9-1.  If the Ravens lose this, they effectively will fall 3 games back with a possibility of being just about knocked out of the race with another loss at Pittsburgh.  

For that reason I think the Ravens will play with a sense of urgency.  They are rested, Pittsburgh is coming off of a tough game with Tennessee.  It won't be easy, but I think the Ravens should take this game.  If not, then it might be time to push the panic button on the season.  I don't think it will come to that.   Ravens 20-16.  

#72 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:38 AM

I think the Ravens are going to have to have success in the passing game tomorrow to win.  The Steelers defense has been pretty tough on the run all year long, and even without Devin Bush they held Derrick Henry to 75 yards last week.  The games I have seen with them this year have shown they are vulnerable to some big plays in the secondary.  I think running Edwards into the line 20 times, or using Dobbins similarly will not result in a lot of offense.  I would use 10-15 designed Lamar Jackson runs.  The Steelers have been very good wrapping up conventional running games, Jackson will add a dimension they are not used to seeing.  Now would be the time to unleash him.  

I like the Ravens in this game because they are home, coming off of a bye, and it is so much more critical to them.  The Steelers can drop this game and still control their destiny because of their schedule and the rematch being in Pittsburgh.  After the Ravens they play Dallas, Cincinnati, and Jacksonville.  Even with a loss they probably go into the Thanksgiving rematch at 9-1.  If the Ravens lose this, they effectively will fall 3 games back with a possibility of being just about knocked out of the race with another loss at Pittsburgh.  

For that reason I think the Ravens will play with a sense of urgency.  They are rested, Pittsburgh is coming off of a tough game with Tennessee.  It won't be easy, but I think the Ravens should take this game.  If not, then it might be time to push the panic button on the season.  I don't think it will come to that.   Ravens 20-16.  

Unfortunately, I feel just the opposite.  I think the Steelers win a close one as the game comes down to a late FG.  The Ravens won't embarrass themselves like in the KC game and our defense will look solid and pressure Roethlesberger enough to make his life uncomfortable.  Probably a key turnover will cost them the game.  I sure hope I'm wrong but that's how I see it.    PITTSBURGH 20; BALTIMORE 17. 

#73 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:57 AM

Soccer Game for my oldest at 2:00, can they flex to Sunday night please?

Ask the soccer league to flex the game!
@DaKittenz

#74 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:41 AM

I'm interested to see how many snaps Ngakoue and his impact. Given how the secondary has thinned out a bit due to injury, it would be nice to see us get pressure with 4, thus allowing us to keep 7 in coverage. I love Wink using pressure but there are times, specifically vs KC, where it seems that Wink just gets crazy with sending 6 and we don't get home, which leads to big plays. Getting to and harassing Roethlisberger will be the difference in this game.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#75 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:46 AM

Offensively, I've been troubled by Lamar holding onto the ball and looking for a homerun when there isn't one to be had. Taking sacks and negative plays was not something we saw very much of last year.

I feel like there was so much focus on getting the ball outside the numbers and downfield that he's not taking what's there. Whether that's an underneath route or breaking contain and getting some yards with his legs, it feels like there's been several opportunities lost. Perhaps it's been a function of health and/or trying to make the big play but either way, we can't afford those negative plays today.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#76 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,360 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 09:54 AM

Yup. Negative plays whether penalties, sacks, incompletions, or poor runs were pretty rare last year. Like all QBs keeping Lamar in manageable down and distance is key to success. It has been an issue this year and I think the blame for that can be spread around but moreso on poor interior OL play.

I would love to see something different this week offensively. Improvement. The thing I have to keep telling myself is that Pitt is a good defense. Improvement may not come in the form of 30+ points and 500 yards of offense. It can be limiting penalties, converting more 3rd downs and controlling the TOP.

#77 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 11:41 AM

Inactives: 

McSorley
Ingram
Ward
Colon-Castillo
Bredeson