2020 Game 7: 11/1 Pittsburgh 1PM

• Please log in to reply
874 replies to this topic

#21 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:12 PM

Without Devin Bush the Ravens should be trying to hit "Texas" routes to the RBs, and other short passes across the middle of the field. I won't be mad if they don't try to force the run against the best run D, and if they throw a lot of quick hitting passes given the good pass rush the Steelers have too. 

If there was ever a game for Jackson to dink and dunk most of the game, then go for a home run when they cheat the short routes, this is it. Won't be mad at 35+ pass attempts for Jackson.

100% with you. There's a good chance that we'll struggle to some extent up front. Trust LJ and find the weaknesses.

• Mike in STL likes this

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:41 PM

It will be interesting to see if Ingram practices tomorrow.  Gus and JK may get the majority of the carries.

@mikeghg

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 08:54 PM

PressBox: Anticipation Builds For First Ravens-Steelers Showdown Of 2020 Season
https://pressboxonli...of-2020-season/

#24 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 04:55 AM

I think the game is going to be a bit more low scoring than most people anticipate. Ravens win 20-17 on a late field goal from Tucker.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#25 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:04 AM

I wont overreact to a win or a loss but this is defintely a litmus test game. First of the year IMO. You can start reading into where you are and how you stack up after this game

#26 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:18 AM

I wont overreact to a win or a loss but this is defintely a litmus test game. First of the year IMO. You can start reading into where you are and how you stack up after this game

The next 5 weeks are the real test.  Pitt, Indy, NE, Titans and Pitt.  Actually 3-2 would be acceptable, because the schedule eases after that.

@mikeghg

#27 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:21 AM

NE now looks fairly weak. Im not overly concerned with Ind either though both are capable of beating us if we don't play well. The 3 games against Pitt and Tenn will tell a lot. Id be ok with 3-2. Hoping for 4-1.

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:34 AM

I fully expect a win here coming out of the bye.

Would be that much more confident if homefield really meant anything here in 2020.

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:35 AM

I feel like people are using 14-2 as the level for success.  It would be nice to get hot and do that, but the ultimate success can be achieved even with a lesser regular season schedule.

@mikeghg

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:47 AM

I feel like people are using 14-2 as the level for success. It would be nice to get hot and do that, but the ultimate success can be achieved even with a lesser regular season schedule.

Absolutely that's what has to be kept in mind. All I care about is winning the games in January and the best chance to do that is to be healthy and peaking at the end of the reg season. That said, its at this point in the season against some of these better teams where we find out just how much better we'll need to be in January.

#31 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:48 AM

F that. It's Pittsburgh. Win.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#32 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:49 AM

I feel like people are using 14-2 as the level for success. It would be nice to get hot and do that, but the ultimate success can be achieved even with a lesser regular season schedule.

To put it another way, I would've traded a bye and a top two seed last year to have Andrews and Ingram healthy for that playoff run.

#33 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:51 AM

F that. It's Pittsburgh. Win.

I already told you it's in the book. We'll cover the 5.5.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 08:01 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens vs. Steelers scouting report for Week 8: Who has the edge?

https://www.baltimor...os6e-story.html

#35 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,778 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 08:57 AM

This isn't exactly a novel statement, but the Ravens offense is my biggest question mark.  I'm confident in the defense limiting Pittsburgh to something beatable and think there is a chance the defense outright wins the game even if the offense struggles. 

The offense has really been sputtering for weeks.  Hopefully they've figured some things out over the bye week and can come out dialed in and put up a 30-spot on their own.  They've been in that area in recent weeks but it was against inferior competition and many of those points were scored or set up by the defense.  

#36 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 05:43 PM

The first litmus test was K.C. They failed that one.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#37 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 06:26 PM

The first litmus test was K.C. They failed that one.

No it wasnt. It was the preseason. I mean Week 3.

#38 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:11 PM

I agree that KC was the first litmus test.  For a team entertaining SB thoughts, a Monday night home game (even w/o fans), that was a chance to prove they were at least close to KC on the big stage.  What they did was prove that KC is in a class all by themselves.  This is another test and coming off of a bye week, playing at home, a loss would be a big disappointment.  Pittsburgh is good, but they aren't KC level good.  If they have been keeping the reigns on Jackson, Sunday would be a good time to take them off.  You can't worry about staying on schedule or reducing anyone's work load.  You need to cut loose everything needed to win this game.  

#39 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:14 PM

I agree that KC was the first litmus test. For a team entertaining SB thoughts, a Monday night home game (even w/o fans), that was a chance to prove they were at least close to KC on the big stage. What they did was prove that KC is in a class all by themselves. This is another test and coming off of a bye week, playing at home, a loss would be a big disappointment. Pittsburgh is good, but they aren't KC level good. If they have been keeping the reigns on Jackson, Sunday would be a good time to take them off. You can't worry about staying on schedule or reducing anyone's work load. You need to cut loose everything needed to win this game.

I'm not so sure that's was proven. It seemed more likely to me that they just weren't ready mentally. In their heads. Views KC as their revenge on the playoff exit, rather than focusing on what they do well. Didn't play well at all. Think they're right there though, if the offense gains some consistency. Doesn't have to be 2019's offense. The defense is better.

#40 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:18 PM

Anyone trying to defend the KC performance I think is too purple colored glasses. It was a bomb of a game. They were prepared. KC played like it was a playoff game with a week off. We showed up like it was Thursday night football. 

That being said, it wasn't the playoffs. And if we can learn from the loss it's valuable. But I'd be hard pressed to disagree that we failed (badly) our first litmus test for this team as a SB contender this year. I agree, this game against Pitt is our 2nd litmus test this year, too. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=