503 replies to this topic

#461 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:19 PM

It isnt just me. Apparently you pulled the same stuff on another board and annoyed everyone there too. But its everyone else right. You're not the issue. You dont need to take a look at the way you act.

Please don't confuse "the way I act" with "what I think."

I act the same way everyone else here does. I post my opinions and interact with other posters who post their opinions. Having a more sour viewpoint of the team is not "acting" any way. Calling someone a "bitch" because you dislike their viewpoints is an action, however.

So, no. Having the views I have isn't a problem. If it annoys you to meet someone with a contrasting viewpoint, it sounds like the one who needs some introspection is you.

#462 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:21 PM

Not great right now but good enough to be in great position.

I think they figure it out by years end because of the overwhelming amount of talent on the roster compared to other teams, the strong coaching staff and front office, and because the units that need the most help are areas I think you can see big improvement both through simple progress from guys you have and through external additions who won't need much time to get up to speed.

That's a reasonable viewpoint. I hope you're right, because I am pretty unimpressed so far.

#463 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:21 PM

That explains a lot. We need to hang out sometime. Intervention time.

That's pretty funny actually.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#464 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:25 PM

I'm not. I'm saying it was the wrong call. I mean, a former head referee with nothing invested in the game explained it. Peters can initiate contact and has every right to the ball. The WR ran into Peters and Peters kept his position and played the ball. You're as wrong as the call was here.

I dont disagree that Peters played terrible otherwise though.

Don't care about the former ref who is now a talking head. Fine to disagree with the call either way IMO. I'll just say this, most refs would call it the same way in real time if that contact happened right in front of them.

Peters and Humphries looked especially gassed in the second half.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#465 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:27 PM

Lamar isn't as dominant as he was last year but hes showing his value again this year. With this OL play the overwhelming majority of QBs in this league wouldnt be this efficient or have this team at 5-1.

The OL play was miserable today.

I agree that Lamar has played pretty well despite the poor play of the OL.

#466 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:28 PM

Imo...

KC
Tenn
Pitt
Buffalo
Baltimore

Honestly Tennessee scares the bejesus out of me. I think they're built to beat KC and I would be wholly unsurprised if they represent the AFC in the Superbowl. They just crushed Buffalo without even practicing, and played again 5 days later and won a shootout with Deshaun Watson. They are scary.

I agree that based on "right now", you're in the ballpark. The thing is, right now doesn't matter later on. Hell, last year after that debacle against Cleveland, some of us (including me) thought the season was over. It clearly had just begun. As others have pointed out, the next 5 games are critical and will likely show us what kind of team this really is.

#467 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:29 PM

Sorry, I don't do drugs. Never have.

Weirdly explains a lot :)
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#468 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:32 PM

The OL play was miserable today.

I agree that Lamar has played pretty well despite the poor play of the OL.

Don't you think he had too many poor throws today even when given time? The bright spot was that he started to show the running burst again; feels like that's been repressed by injury or coaching so far this season.

#469 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:33 PM

The bye week is hitting at the right time. They got some stuff to figure out before Pittsburgh comes to town.

• JStruds likes this

#470 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:34 PM

Don't you think he had too many poor throws today even when given time? The bright spot was that he started to show the running burst again; feels like that's been repressed by injury or coaching so far this season.

I thought he looked a lot better throwing in the second half.

#471 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:35 PM

I think it's coaching. 

#472 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:39 PM

It isnt just me. Apparently you pulled the same stuff on another board and annoyed everyone there too. But its everyone else right. You're not the issue. You dont need to take a look at the way you act.

As a disinterested observer, Slidemaster is extremely one note and repetitive, but...you know you don't have to respond to him right?
  • bmore_ken likes this
@DaKittenz

#473 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:39 PM

I think it's coaching.

Maybe a little of both, and hopefully both can be cured/improved during the bye.

#474 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:42 PM

He did.

He wasn't particularly sharp when he had time. However, there was too much pressure allowed by the Oline IMO.

He did display the burst at times today and that was good to see.

I'm ok with the 5-1 and the team underperforming somewhat. Plenty of time to tune things up and hopefully peak at the right time.
  • JStruds likes this

#475 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:43 PM

As a disinterested observer, Slidemaster is extremely one note and repetitive, but...you know you don't have to respond to him right?

For some reason, reading this I pictured the Don in Breaking Bad when Gus presented him with the (poisoned) bottle of extraordinarily rare tequila: Noooo! 😋

#476 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:45 PM

Lamar needs to improve from the pocket. Not sure he ever will but its clearly his biggest flaw. His playmaking ability still makes him a top tier QB. Some huge runs today and the ability to create on some broken plays today was the difference.
  • JStruds likes this

#477 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:45 PM

For some reason, reading this I pictured the Don in Breaking Bad when Gus presented him with the (poisoned) bottle of extraordinarily rare tequila: Noooo! 😋

Trigger warning...

I haven't seen breaking bad or better call saul. This news typically causes great distress for people, though I assume your analogy was spot on.
@DaKittenz

#478 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:46 PM

It was worth it.

#479 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:47 PM

Trigger warning...

I haven't seen breaking bad or better call saul. This news typically causes great distress for people, though I assume your analogy was spot on.

It is spot on.

No distress here, but I think they are both great shows.

#480 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:48 PM

Trigger warning...

I haven't either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=