• Please log in to reply
503 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:59 PM

The 4-1 Ravens head to Philadelphia to face the 1-3-1 Eagles. 

The Eagles have been outscored by 32 points this year. 

The Ravens have outscored their opponents by 73 points. 

Eagles Depth Chart:
https://www.espn.com...epth/_/name/phi

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 07:07 PM

Another game where I'd be disappointed if it's in serious doubt in the fourth quarter. Wentz is giving the ball away at a prodigious rate this year.

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,938 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 07:16 PM

Another game where I'd be disappointed if it's in serious doubt in the fourth quarter. Wentz is giving the ball away at a prodigious rate this year.

Philly is desperate and has some talent. Lamar clearly isn't 100. Interesting to see where Vegas has this. I think it'll be tight.

#4 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 07:47 PM

Philly is desperate and has some talent. Lamar clearly isn't 100. Interesting to see where Vegas has this. I think it'll be tight.

My early guess would be Ravens giving 10.5 or 11.5.

Philly is like Cincy. Not terrible. But not good either. They've had trouble protecting Wentz too. I think you see a lot of QB abuse again next Sunday. I think they offer more of a challenge to our offense. They can get to the QB, and they rotate 6 or 7 good lineman. So they stay fresh all game. Slay is really good. Other than that, you can exploit their secondary, and you can hit them up in the middle. Gerry is always a step or 3 behind in coverage. This is a game where Dobbins should be used as a pass catcher. Their LBers are really bad. And their secondary is pretty bad.

This is a game where Lamar SHOULD be able to take over through the air. Brown and Andrews should have big days. SHOULD.

I'm thinking 28-17. Or 28-24. Something like that.

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,938 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 08:33 PM

It could be 10. What was the Pitt-Philly line today. My guess is it'll be about the same. Philly was on the road in Pitt and is home next week. Lamar is obviously banged up and the offense sputtered but the D was lights out today. Have to keep respecting the Ravens when they've blown out everyone not named KC so far

#6 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 08:35 PM

It could be 10. What was the Pitt-Philly line today. My guess is it'll be about the same. Philly was on the road in Pitt and is home next week. Lamar is obviously banged up and the offense sputtered but the D was lights out today. Have to keep respecting the Ravens when they've blown out everyone not named KC so far

It was 7 or 8. Not sure what the final line was.

#7 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 09:47 PM

Ravens will give 8 or so.

Vegas has to realize the offense isn’t what it was last year by now.

We should win but I’m waiting for a letdown against a team not named the Chiefs. And for some reason Philly has always been a hard place for us to win at.

Still, gonna say 27-17
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#8 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 10:42 PM

No way this game is double digit favorite.  Philadephia has a bad record, but they have some talent and they are at home.  Ravens -7 or 7/12 at best.

#9 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 10:44 PM

If the defense comes to play, they'll leave with a win. Miles Sanders is their best weapon. If they defend the run like they did today they'll be ok.

I'll say 24-13 Ravens.

#10 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 05:30 AM

This one worries me a bit because Philly's good on both lines. (Haven't done my homework on how the lines are playing this year though, so maybe someone can correct me on this). They also don't rely on WRs so us having Humphrey & Peters doesn't matter as much as usual.

So I think this might be a tough game because they can protect and pick up blitzes. They have Darius Slay who can match up on Hollywood. Fletcher Cox and the Dline is good. Seems like Wentz is playing like crap but this could be a close one.

#11 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,938 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 02:28 PM

If this offense doesnt play better than it did yesterday we should hope it's a close game late. Not like Cincy is a defensive juggernaut. I said this in the game thread last week. I thought we'd dominate Cincy but Philly would play us tight. No reason to think differently after our offensive performance this past week.

#12 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 06:41 PM

If this offense doesnt play better than it did yesterday we should hope it's a close game late. Not like Cincy is a defensive juggernaut. I said this in the game thread last week. I thought we'd dominate Cincy but Philly would play us tight. No reason to think differently after our offensive performance this past week.

Philly isn't terrible by any means. But they also have a QB who is inconsistent at best. A patchwork offensive line that isn't great at protecting him. And an offensive coordinator who doesn't know if he wants to be a running team or a passing team. Not to mention they have a receiving core consisting of Greg Ward and Travis Fulgham.

I see this as a lot like the Cincy game. If we overlook them, they could sneak a win on us. But I fully expect our defense to feast again, and our offense to continue to be inconsistent.

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 07:12 PM

"Any Given Sunday" concerns are my only concerns. Being before the bye there is the risk of looking towards the time off, especially so if they are trying to get Lamar to the bye the rest and heal up from some nagging injuries.

But aside from the always present possibility of a stinker, I'm not worried. Ravens are clearly superior to the Eagles. It's not close. And the Wentz' weaknesses with ball security is something this defense loves to capitalize on.

Eagles aren't the absolute lowest tier of teams, but I think they are clearly below average.

#14 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 October 2020 - 11:34 PM

This one worries me a bit because Philly's good on both lines. (Haven't done my homework on how the lines are playing this year though, so maybe someone can correct me on this). They also don't rely on WRs so us having Humphrey & Peters doesn't matter as much as usual.

So I think this might be a tough game because they can protect and pick up blitzes. They have Darius Slay who can match up on Hollywood. Fletcher Cox and the Dline is good. Seems like Wentz is playing like crap but this could be a close one.

Their DL is legit, but they are missing a lot of talent on their OL. It's hard to imagine them doing much on offense, especially with how poorly Wentz has played this season.
@gabefergy

#15 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,938 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 12:05 AM

I mean they just put up 29 on Pitt. Im not discounting their ability to score though they do seem to lack playmakers. Thats a desperate team that still is very much in contention in their division. Sone might discount the desperation factor but I believe its a thing.

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 October 2020 - 12:10 AM

I think the Ravens play with a certain desperation factor as well. You can tell the offensive leaders are beyond eager to get going. And with the way Pittsburgh and Cleveland are playing, that adds to the urgency. Not panic, or desperation even, not the right words, but urgent and determined.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#17 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 12:55 AM

I think the Ravens play with a certain desperation factor as well. You can tell the offensive leaders are beyond eager to get going. And with the way Pittsburgh and Cleveland are playing, that adds to the urgency. Not panic, or desperation even, not the right words, but urgent and determined.

Yea I can't question our focus especially this week. Lamar and Andrews ain't happy. Their press conferences following the 27-3 win were almost depressing. They're seeing what we are; offense isn't there yet. I still think it could be close if both teams play well but Wentz leads the NFL with 7 INTs.

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,938 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 01:20 AM

Id be more confident if I thought Lamar was going to be close to 100%.

#19 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 08:13 AM

I mean they just put up 29 on Pitt. Im not discounting their ability to score though they do seem to lack playmakers. Thats a desperate team that still is very much in contention in their division. Sone might discount the desperation factor but I believe its a thing.

If they are still very much in contention in a brutally terrible division, then are they really that desperate?  It's week 6.  This doesn't seem like a do or die game for them.  It's a nothing-to-lose game for them, since every one of their fans marked it as an assumed L on the calendar before the season began and moved on.  

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 October 2020 - 09:51 AM

i think 7 wins may be good enough for the NFC East.  The Eagles may be desperate to play better, but they are only a half game behind the Cowboys even though they are just 1-3-1

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=