162 replies to this topic

#121 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 10:58 PM

I guarantee that was a fake injury they were keeping Wilson out with.

All it takes is one cheap shot to sideline him for the playoffs. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#122 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:10 AM

All it takes is one cheap shot to sideline him for the playoffs.

And make no mistake the rangers were trying to knock players of ours out of the playoffs last night. All because they pouted about Wilson not being suspended.
@JeremyMStrain

#123 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 06 May 2021 - 01:23 PM

And make no mistake the rangers were trying to knock players of ours out of the playoffs last night. All because they pouted about Wilson not being suspended.

To be fair he probably should have been.

#124 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 May 2021 - 01:33 PM

Maybe if the Rangers didn't blow, they could try and get payback in the playoffs. As it stands, they should be punished for the thug like approach they've taken in how they've handled this. F them. Clowns.

#125 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 02:08 PM

To be fair he probably should have been.

I know he’s a repeat offender, but Panarin jumped on his back. What goes up must come down. If there wasn’t such a size disparity it wouldn’t have looked half as bad, and it still isn’t even as bad as the Rangers are painting it to be. Panarins helmet coming off was his own fault. Or the teams for not providing child size helmets.

That cheap shot on the other guy in the crease wasn’t warranted which started the mess. But he didn’t wind up and clock him.

Remember Knuckles Nilan saying once, the unwritten rule is you don’t want to “take dinner off someone’s table.” Nothing even close to that happened here. I think the punishment, the game misconduct and a fine was appropriate for the jab, but the rest of it was Wilson defending himself.

Wilson gets a $5k fine. Rangers get a $250k fine for the criticism of the league. Lol.
  • Dupin likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#126 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:04 PM

Can you imagine the discussions which would be going on if it was the Wizards and Knicks who started their game like the Caps and Rangers did? 

#127 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:30 PM

Can you imagine the discussions which would be going on if it was the Wizards and Knicks who started their game like the Caps and Rangers did?

One sport allows it. The other doesn’t. So a very different conversation. Probably similar to when a rivalry football game has fireworks with 30-40 guys pushing and shoving on the midfield logo before the game even starts.

Hockey you’re just allowed to do it in game. I’m sure if someone punched someone pregame it’s a fine and a suspension. But once the puck drops it’s five minutes in the box.

If fighting in basketball was commonplace for 100 years, it would be just as normalized.
@BSLMikeRandall

#128 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 05:13 AM

Buchnevich suspended 1 game for cross check to the face of Mantha.  Haha.

• Mike in STL likes this

#129 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:43 AM

ESPN: Finally feeling '100%,' Alex Ovechkin returns as Washington Capitals close out regular season

https://www.espn.com...ular-season-win

#130 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:59 PM

Caps win game 1 and lead Boston 1-0 in round 1.

#131 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 07:49 AM

#132 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 10:27 AM

Caps win game 1 and lead Boston 1-0 in round 1.

Feels like forever since they won a game 1. I’m still trying to figure out the physics that let that GW goal go in. Hits Rask in the chest, falls straight to the ice between his leg pads. Didn’t look like he kicked it, but it slid on through the 5 hole.
@BSLMikeRandall

#133 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 May 2021 - 10:31 AM

Feels like forever since they won a game 1. I’m still trying to figure out the physics that let that GW goal go in. Hits Rask in the chest, falls straight to the ice between his leg pads. Didn’t look like he kicked it, but it slid on through the 5 hole.

Yeah, super odd, I don't understand the backwards momentum of the puck, after falling directly down after hitting the chest pad. Super strange, not sure exactly how that happened really, but I'll take it. OT goals in the playoffs are incredibly thrilling. Like a walk off home run.
  • Mike in STL and Dupin like this

#134 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 11:27 AM

Yeah, super odd, I don't understand the backwards momentum of the puck, after falling directly down after hitting the chest pad. Super strange, not sure exactly how that happened really, but I'll take it. OT goals in the playoffs are incredibly thrilling. Like a walk off home run.

Sudden death in hockey really might be the most edge of your seat sport experience.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#135 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 May 2021 - 11:29 AM

By the way, option D (Craig Anderson) was terrific in net last night.

#136 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:28 PM

Sudden death in hockey really might be the most edge of your seat sport experience.

I think it is.

#137 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 16 May 2021 - 07:38 PM

There’s one specific way it can land and do that. When they drop end over end if they catch one specific edge they will bounce that way. Bad luck for Rask the odds of it hitting on that angle are really slim.

It’s like flipping a quarter end over end and trying to get it to bounce back towards you. Not easy to do.
@JeremyMStrain

#138 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:58 AM

ESPN: Anthony Mantha wants to be a 'difference-maker' for the Washington Capitals

https://www.espn.com...ington-capitals

#139 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:19 PM

Here we go again. OT in game 2.
@BSLMikeRandall

#140 Mike in STL

Mike in STL