#561 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 11 October 2020 - 03:26 PM

The Steelers are officially on the radar now. Looking better than I expected them to be.

Their offense is clicking, their defense has not been as good as expected imo

@gabefergy

#562 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 October 2020 - 03:28 PM

They haven't played anyone. Yeah, they're solid. They aren't a legit title contender IMO.

#563 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 03:30 PM

Aren't a legit title contender? That's insane. I think they're the 2nd best team in the league. How good you can be matters as much as how good you are currently right now. If they haven't shown it by week 10 or 12 I'll be concerned.

Oh the Steelers aren't legit title contenders? My bad. Yes, I'd agree.
  • JordanKough likes this

#564 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 October 2020 - 03:33 PM

Aren't a legit title contender? That's insane. I think they're the 2nd best team in the league. How good you can be matters as much as how good you are currently right now. If they haven't shown it by week 10 or 12 I'll be concerned.

Oh the Steelers aren't legit title contenders? My bad. Yes, I'd agree.

I can't envision Pittsburgh winning the Super Bowl this year.

#565 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 03:37 PM

Pitt and Cle are both good football teams. Some thought this would be the best division in football heading into the year and it seems that indeed may be the case.

#566 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 03:44 PM

I think it depended on the situation. 4th and short and I think they go for it.

I don't care if it was 4th and 20.  Just poor sportsmanship. 

#567 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 03:45 PM

They haven't played anyone. Yeah, they're solid. They aren't a legit title contender IMO.

The Browns haven't played anyone either outside of the Ravens. 

#568 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 04:12 PM

I don't care if it was 4th and 20. Just poor sportsmanship.

I wondered if they'd kick or go for a TD, but can't agree with this. Poor sportsmanship? Should they quit?

#569 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 11 October 2020 - 04:16 PM

I wondered if they'd kick or go for a TD, but can't agree with this. Poor sportsmanship? Should they quit?

I agree, football doesn't have much of the "unwritten" rules like baseball.

#570 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 05:43 PM

No, they shouldn't quit.  They should try to score a TD.  Throw one last pass into the end zone and make the Ravens earn their shut out.  What does kicking a field goal prove other than preventing the shut out? To me, it's like laying down a bunt with two outs in the ninth inning of a no-hitter.  Like I said, poor sportsmanship.  

#571 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 05:46 PM

No, they shouldn't quit. They should try to score a TD. Throw one last pass into the end zone and make the Ravens earn their shut out. What does kicking a field goal prove other than preventing the shut out? To me, it's like laying down a bunt with two outs in the ninth inning of a no-hitter. Like I said, poor sportsmanship.

What's the difference between scoring a TD and kicking a FG as far as the game goes? Neither improve their odds of winning. Neither is against the rules. Ravens defense had a chance to earn the shutout but they couldn't prevent the Browns from moving downfield into FG range. If it had been earlier in the game then they kick it without question, why is it bad sportsmanship to play the game the way it usually is played?
  • BSLRoseKatz likes this

#572 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 05:54 PM

What's the difference between scoring a TD and kicking a FG as far as the game goes? Neither improve their odds of winning. Neither is against the rules. Ravens defense had a chance to earn the shutout but they couldn't prevent the Browns from moving downfield into FG range. If it had been earlier in the game then they kick it without question, why is it bad sportsmanship to play the game the way it usually is played?

We're just going to have to disagree on this one. 

#573 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 05:57 PM

Almost got the shutout I wanted.

There aren't a lot, if any, unwritten rules in football. Still seems like a beta, chicken-poop, save face move for Taylor.

Just my opinion of course

#574 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 11 October 2020 - 05:59 PM

Good thing there's no piece of equipment in football you can flip in celebration, otherwise we'd really have a problem 

#575 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:09 PM

I think it was a dbag move.

#576 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:09 PM

To put it another way, it was 4th & 6, not 4th & 20.

How many times do teams see if their kicker can hit a 38 yarder in that situation vs getting another offensive rep and giving your offense a chance to get in the endzone? We all watch a lot of football and coaches go for it on 4th & 6 there almost always.

If the score was 35-13 instead, you think they still kick it? Not a big deal to me, Ravens defense still played great, but it's a wuss move by Taylor. I'm sure his guys are so proud they didn't get shut out. Great moral victory.

#577 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:24 PM

Frustrating that two of our biggest runs of the day were Lamar up the gut and Dobbins getting a carry and yet we never went back to either one.

#578 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:26 PM

I think it was a dbag move.

Agree and I can assure you some of the comments on the Ravens side line as they were setting up to kick the FG were not pleasantries.  You best believe Harbaugh will remember it when they go to Cincinnati.  

#579 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:30 PM

Frustrating that two of our biggest runs of the day were Lamar up the gut and Dobbins getting a carry and yet we never went back to either one.

Dobbins- 1 carry.  Playing with a lead the whole game- 37 passes/24 rushing attempts.  Makes sense, right? 

#580 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:32 PM

Same with Duvernay. 60 yards on only 3 touches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=