BSL: Previewing Week 5: Bengals at Ravens

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,551 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:04 AM

I think he’s legit and this game will be closer than we’d like. 

Ravens 31

Bengals 23

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:06 AM

He's definitely legit. I think he'll need a new coaching staff to realize his full potential. AJ Green isn't who he used to be. This should be a comfortable win. 

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:48 AM

I think this game will be closer than we want it to be.  I think 30-20 Ravens type of game.  I am hoping we see pressure on Burrow and the offense kick in high gear.

@mikeghg

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:51 AM

The AFC North is shaping up to be an absolute meatgrinder. Cincinnati won't be bad for long. Tee Higgins is a good player too, and Burrow is going to be good. Cleveland might already be there and Pitt is Pitt. Brutal.

34-23 Ravens

#6 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 10:15 AM

Cincinnati is actually a decent team. Their defense is suspect. But they can move the ball and put up points. I'm expecting a close game. 34-31. Bet the over folks.

#7 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 10:30 AM

Ravens are 14 point favorites again?

Burrow is much better than Haskins, and has better receivers. Don’t believe Mixon will duplicate 150 yds again. But I wouldn’t bet on the Ravens comfortably covering the spread. I think Lamar plays all 60 minutes. 27-20 Ravens.
@BSLMikeRandall

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 11:18 AM

I think we might see us put together an A game. I get why people respect Cin but yeah Im vibing a beatdown.

My gut tells me next week in Philly is when we get pushed.

#9 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 11:24 AM

I'll be bummed out if this game is a grinder.

#10 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 06 October 2020 - 11:36 AM

It will depend.  Familiarity with their schemes tends to bring both clubs back to the mean.

Air yard per attempt is rather pedestrian from the Bengals offense, so my guess is they maintain a basic three step tree to prevent the offensive line from leaking.  He was banged up the first two games when they tried to unload the deep passing game.

Burrows really hasn't faced a quality secondary at this point and I believe they don't have the game breaker...say what you will about Washington but Terry Mclaurin is making his stride to be a true number 1.  Higgins is not a burner, not blowing the top off the ball, Ravens can handle physical wideouts rather easily.  Boyd has the knack for finding soft spots, so he can rack up yards.  Mixon has not performed well against the Ravens...he has put up stats, but they ran him into the ground to do it.  I don't think much of their line, its okay, but they allow pressure in anything that requires to develop.

The defense is a wet paper bag with a leaky hole.  They make it their Superbowl, so you will see their best game, but its a below average unit that gets beat by quick WR, TE, and any club that can pound the ball.

The Ravens are close to unleashing the attack that made coordinators piss their pants, and I expect it to start on Sunday.  The Bengals will move the ball, but they don't have that playmaker in the red zone that makes a difference between touchdown and field goal, not yet.  I didn't think much of Higgins in the draft process, so let him prove me wrong.

38 - 17

@Olsen_Don

#11 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 01:02 PM

The Ravens are close to unleashing the attack that made coordinators piss their pants, and I expect it to start on Sunday.  

This is what I've been waiting for, lol...The big plays have carried the offense. If they can stay on schedule in the other plays in between there is a lot of upside left to be harnessed. 

#12 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 October 2020 - 03:03 PM

It will depend.  Familiarity with their schemes tends to bring both clubs back to the mean.

Air yard per attempt is rather pedestrian from the Bengals offense, so my guess is they maintain a basic three step tree to prevent the offensive line from leaking.  He was banged up the first two games when they tried to unload the deep passing game.

Burrows really hasn't faced a quality secondary at this point and I believe they don't have the game breaker...say what you will about Washington but Terry Mclaurin is making his stride to be a true number 1.  Higgins is not a burner, not blowing the top off the ball, Ravens can handle physical wideouts rather easily.  Boyd has the knack for finding soft spots, so he can rack up yards.  Mixon has not performed well against the Ravens...he has put up stats, but they ran him into the ground to do it.  I don't think much of their line, its okay, but they allow pressure in anything that requires to develop.

The defense is a wet paper bag with a leaky hole.  They make it their Superbowl, so you will see their best game, but its a below average unit that gets beat by quick WR, TE, and any club that can pound the ball.

The Ravens are close to unleashing the attack that made coordinators piss their pants, and I expect it to start on Sunday.  The Bengals will move the ball, but they don't have that playmaker in the red zone that makes a difference between touchdown and field goal, not yet.  I didn't think much of Higgins in the draft process, so let him prove me wrong.

38 - 17

I think we are all waiting for the offensive explosion, not that it has been bad.  I think when that happens, the entire team elevates their performance.

I would like to see it this week, Philly will be tougher the next week.

@mikeghg

#13 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 02:24 AM

I don't think this game will be close because of how the teams match up. Bengals' biggest weakness is their Oline so this is one of the teams we can get pressure on with just a straight up 4 man rush. Their defense is not physical. Reader and Atkins have been banged up so we should be able to run the ball at will.

The Bengals are better than they were last year, but from the 'styles make fights' aspect we're a really bad matchup.

I want a shutout. If we play well all around I believe it's possible.

• kudzu likes this

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 04:15 AM

I don't think this game will be close because of how the teams match up. Bengals' biggest weakness is their Oline so this is one of the teams we can get pressure on with just a straight up 4 man rush. Their defense is not physical. Reader and Atkins have been banged up so we should be able to run the ball at will.

The Bengals are better than they were last year, but from the 'styles make fights' aspect we're a really bad matchup.

I want a shutout. If we play well all around I believe it's possible.

I predicted they'd score 17. Now Id take the under. I agree with what you are saying here. I respect Burrow and Mixon but yeah I think we see the D come to play this week.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#15 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 06:24 AM

I too have a lot of respect for Burrow & Mixon. At least offensively the Bengals are heading in the right direction.

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 07:29 AM

Cincy Jungle: Bengals Week 4 rookie report: Joe Burrow shows progression in first-career win
https://www.cincyjun...m-davis-gaither

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 08:30 PM

CBS Sports: Lamar Jackson misses Ravens practice as quarterback rests injured knee, per report
https://www.cbssport...nee-per-report/

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 October 2020 - 03:02 PM

CBS Sports: Lamar Jackson misses Ravens practice as quarterback rests injured knee, per report
https://www.cbssport...nee-per-report/

Missed again today.    The gamblers have taken the game off the board

@mikeghg

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 03:15 PM

Missed again today.    The gamblers have taken the game off the board

Let him rest.  Would have liked for him to play, and for the offense to start really clicking... but not worth aggravating further whatever is going on. 

Besides, you should be able to win without him. 

#20 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,551 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 04:59 PM

Let him rest.  Would have liked for him to play, and for the offense to start really clicking... but not worth aggravating further whatever is going on. 

Besides, you should be able to win without him. 

IDK. With RGIII under center I don't feel too confident beating anyone. My guess is Lamar practices tomorrow and they try to win the game with a lot of ground game from the RBs. But you need Lamar's run and pass ability to gain an advantage on the ground and RGIII  offers none of that.

• Mike in STL likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=