• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#41 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:07 AM

Wait til Sunday, but Jones is a must cause Golladay is Q with a hamstring. Coleman is second fiddle to Mostert so I’d wait a week and see how Shanahan handles the backs. Aiyuk I think also has a injury possible of some kind, and I just hate Eagles players in fantasy. Zero consistency up there.

Even if Golladay is a go, still would say Jones.

Good point - forgot Golladay suffered an injury this week in practice.

#42 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:11 AM

Marquise Brown, Davante Parker, or James White for flex (non-PPR)?

#43 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:12 AM

Figured I'd get this started:

One flex of:

Marvin Jones (DET) vs. CHI

Brandon Aiyuk (SF) vs. ARI

Jalen Reagor (PHI) at WAS

Tevin Coleman (SF) vs. ARI

I'm high on the two rookies but given their recent injuries, I may be cautious and wait to see how they do in their first games - looks like they're both now playing. Leaning Jones right now.

(I had David Johnson who started things off great for me last night. Only problem was that my opponent had CEH.)

Agree with Mike, go with Jones.

• Chris B likes this

#44 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:26 AM

I'd go Hollywood here (though I'm super bullish on him this year - have him on my team as well). 

Parker should have some positive game script, though, so that is a plus. I need to see how the Patriots offense is going to operate before trusting any of them, particularly the RBs.

#45 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:27 AM

Not sure,but definitely not White for the reason Chris laid out.
@BSLMikeRandall

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:45 AM

Considering White mostly because Michel is injured, Burkhead is a bum, and Cam likes throwing to his backs.  But like Chris I was leaning towards Hollywood.  I've got studs at WR and RB and TE, so can go with a high upside guy and I think Hollywood is the most likely of the three to have a 20 point game.

#47 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 11:04 AM

With no preseason games, I see week 1 being all out offensive, college type of scoring numbers, or the complete opposite, 7-3 type of games, due to rust and massive amounts of turnovers.

#48 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 September 2020 - 07:16 PM

Considering White mostly because Michel is injured, Burkhead is a bum, and Cam likes throwing to his backs. But like Chris I was leaning towards Hollywood. I've got studs at WR and RB and TE, so can go with a high upside guy and I think Hollywood is the most likely of the three to have a 20 point game.

Believe both of the top Browns corners are out, so more reason to start Hollywood.

#49 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:02 PM

Pretty awesome to have drafted Golladay in two leagues!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#50 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:13 AM

CBS Sports: Week 2 Fantasy Football Start 'Em & Sit 'Em: Wide Receiver
https://www.cbssport...-wide-receiver/

#51 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:41 AM

How are we feeling about the severity of Michael Thomas' injury? Currently 0-1 but I have an opportunity to go get him because one manager really covets Marquise Brown (he also has Lamar and Dobbins). 

He just floated Thomas and someone else for Hollywood and Marvin Jones. Other potential options from his side could be Keenan Allen, Anthony Miller, Allen Lazard, and a bunch of RB4s. 

If Thomas is back in the 3-4 week window, that seems like a sure-fire no brainer. But high ankle sprains are always scary.

QB: Dak Prescott:
WR: Julio Jones, Marquise Brown, Marvin Jones, Jalen Reagor, Brandon Aiyuk, 

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, David Johnson, Malcolm Brown, Tevin Coleman, Damien Harris

TE: Logan Thomas, Eric Ebron

#52 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:47 AM

How are we feeling about the severity of Michael Thomas' injury? Currently 0-1 but I have an opportunity to go get him because one manager really covets Marquise Brown (he also has Lamar and Dobbins).

He just floated Thomas and someone else for Hollywood and Marvin Jones. Other potential options from his side could be Keenan Allen, Anthony Miller, Allen Lazard, and a bunch of RB4s.

If Thomas is back in the 3-4 week window, that seems like a sure-fire no brainer. But high ankle sprains are always scary.

QB: Dak Prescott:
WR: Julio Jones, Marquise Brown, Marvin Jones, Jalen Reagor, Brandon Aiyuk,
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, David Johnson, Malcolm Brown, Tevin Coleman, Damien Harris
TE: Logan Thomas, Eric Ebron

I wouldn’t do it. Marvin stays valuable as Golladay remains sidelined. Hollywood looks like he’s going to break out. Plus you got Julio and look pretty set at RB. You lose any depth you have if you make the trade and if he does miss 3 weeks you could very well be 0-4 before he comes back, and that is a big hole to climb out of in the volatile fantasy landscape.
  • Chris B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#53 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

ESPN: Fantasy football Week 2 picks, sleepers, busts and rankings: Matthew Berry loves and hates these QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs
https://www.espn.com...qbs-rbs-wrs-tes

#54 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:44 AM

Due to a couple injuries, I'm pretty much down to Will Fuller vs David Montgomery for my flex. Also have Fournette, but I don't think he's in play for a start yet.

.5 PPR

Thoughts?

#55 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:16 PM

Due to a couple injuries, I'm pretty much down to Will Fuller vs David Montgomery for my flex. Also have Fournette, but I don't think he's in play for a start yet.

.5 PPR

Thoughts?

I expect the Texans to score some points this week. Or at a minimum, be passing the ball in garbage time if the Ravens go up big. Cooks could be out making Fuller even more valuable. I will be starting Fuller in my flex in a league this week.

I don't like any Bears players. There a few teams a year I just stay away from no matter what. 

Can't trust Fournette yet. 

If you start Fuller and he gets shut down. you can at least rest knowing you started your best option instead of benching him and he ends up getting 6 for 80 and a TD or something. 

• mweb08 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#56 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:23 PM

Thanks for the advice, Mike.

Unfortunately I'll probably have to start both of them now with Godwin doubtful.

#57 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:29 PM

Have to fill a WR and a Flex

Ruggs (Questionable w/hamstring, and a Monday night game. Screwed if GTD doesn't go my way)

Amendola @ GB (No Golladay)

Kirk vs. WAS 

Gibson @ AZ

Gore vs. SF (No Bell, named the starter today)

Leaning Amendola, Kirk. But what Kirk did last week scares me that Hopkins is getting all the targets. Not sure about Gibson's workload. Gore starting, but they are the Jets and he's 37 and vs. SF? Eww.

I could also add Adam Humphries off waivers with A.J. Brown ruled out and drop one of my bench guys (Boston Scott, Tony Pollard)

@BSLMikeRandall

#58 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for the advice, Mike.

Unfortunately I'll probably have to start both of them now with Godwin doubtful.

Yeah doesn't look good for him. Maybe Scotty Miller will get some more run if he's available in your league. Only owned in 33% of Yahoo leagues. Historically he fits Tom Brady's demographic as far as favorite targets goes. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#59 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:56 PM

Yeah doesn't look good for him. Maybe Scotty Miller will get some more run if he's available in your league. Only owned in 33% of Yahoo leagues. Historically he fits Tom Brady's demographic as far as favorite targets goes.

Lol at that last line.

#60 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:18 AM

James Conner vs Denver

or

Malcolm Brown @ Philly

Not sure I really trust either, but Brown at least had a good game last week and looks to be the lead back for now. But if I sit Conner, he'll probably get all the touches and look great this week. Just feels like Snell earned himself some carries with how he played against the Giants, and idk if Conner's 100%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=