BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 31 August 2020 - 01:52 PM

What's best ball?

Seems like your RBs are terrible.  Really strong everywhere else.  Probably some correlation there :)

It automatically takes your highest scoring guys each week, no trades, no release, etc. You draft and then it's basically on autopilot, seems like a nice way to do fantasy with less stress over the roster.

https://www.fantasyp...ntasy-football/

she/her

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 07:15 AM

The Ringer: Draft Guide
https://fantasyfootb...0122.1598014757

• DuffMan likes this

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:21 AM

CBS Sports: 2020 Fantasy Football Draft Prep: Bold predictions on the Buccaneers offense, Steelers backfield, and more
https://www.cbssport...field-and-more/

#24 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:51 PM

The Ringer: Draft Guide
https://fantasyfootb...0122.1598014757

The Ringer has some great fantasy content this year. Their draft cheat sheet is pretty cool too and allows for tinkering

#25 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:54 PM

So I actually joined a second league mostly to get a practice draft in for my main league. This first draft is going on right now. Only 10 teams, or. Lamar and Mahomes went 3rd and 4tg overall! Russell went in the 2nd round. Great players obviously but in a 10 team ppr that's a terrible play. I would have talked some smack but the one guy is my Uncle.

#26 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:11 PM

Is it a super flex? If so those picks aren’t totally unreasonable

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#27 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

Is it a super flex? If so those picks aren’t totally unreasonable

No, I didn't even know that was a thing. Just a wr/rb/te flex

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 09:06 AM

ESPN: Fantasy football breakouts, sleepers, favorite team names and preseason buzz: Matthew Berry's 10 lists of 10
https://www.espn.com...rry-10-lists-10

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 10:14 AM

CBS Sports: 2020 Fantasy Football Draft Day Cheat Sheet: Rankings, tiers, sleepers, and everything else you need
https://www.cbssport...-else-you-need/

#30 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 01:07 PM

I feel like this is the first time that I can remember playing fantasy football that there is value at all positions, and any strategy can work. 

You can go WR heavy off the bat (which is my strategy) and still land James Connor in round 3-4, as the Steelers are known for having one bell cow back for many years under Tomlin now. can still get Ingram, Bell, Gurley in a new situation, Gordon in a new situation in rounds 4-5. 

You can go RB heavy and still get a teams top WR target in rounds 4-7. Seen OBJ, A.J. Brown, Mike Evans, going in round 5, Robert Woods who had as many targets as the elite guys last year going in rounds 6-7.

I took the QB combo of Rodgers and Ryan in round 9 and 11 which speaks to how many quality guys there are if you don't get Mahomes/Jackson. 

Even TE is deeper than usual with Hunter Henry going in double digit rounds. Jared Cook and Evan Engram going near the end of drafts. A lot of pundits like Blake Jarwin and Chris Herndon and they are going in the very end, or not at all. 

I've done two drafts, one with zero prep, and it still seemed like each round I was like "that guy is still there?" Making easy picks. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#31 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,766 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 01:20 PM

I'm completely unprepared for my auction.

I sold off early last year after starting 0-4 so I've got tons of money. But my only keepers are DaVante Adams, Hollywood, and Davante Parker. Not even sure Hollywood or Parker are worth keeping at $10. But either way, I've got tons of money. Henry, Mixon, the KC rookie, and Josh Jacobs are all available. Tons of WR like Nuke, Julio, ODB, Evans, Thielen among others. Kelce is available.

Hoping to land 3 studs for $150 and then go from there.

I've got $230 to spend. Next closest is $157 then $135. Average of the other 11 teams is $101.

#32 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,766 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:23 PM

Pretty happy with how this turned out.

Got two stud RBs (Henry, Jacobs), a stud WR (Jones), and a stud TE (Kelce) for a combined $183.  With my leftover money I mostly chipped away, had to spend big on Hunt as a backup RB as we got towards the end of the draft and I was short-handed there.  Was absolutely thrilled to get Julio and Kelce at the price points I got them. 

QB: Allen ($7), Mayfield ($2)

WR: Adams ($40 - K), Jones ($36), M.Brown ($10 - K), Parker ($10 - K), M. Williams ($1)

RB: Henry ($62), Jacobs ($53), Hunt ($23), White ($7), D.Johnson ($4)

TE: Kelce ($32)

K: Fairburn ($1)

DEF: San Francisco ($2)

I think I can acquire a stud RB and a top-5 QB through trade later in the season if I'm in the playoff mix.  There is always heavy selling by the teams that are out of it in our league, so $10-20 of 2021 auction money should fill those holes and give me a strong shot at the other mega-teams in the playoffs.

#33 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,359 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:30 PM

Out of curiosity, what would y'all do with the 2nd pick in a 10 team, 2 QB league? Assume McCaffrey as the first pick.

#34 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,766 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:40 PM

I have never played a 2 QB league, does the added number of QBs justify going with Lamar?

If yes and multiple QBs are gonna go in the first round...Lamar. If no...Barkley.

#35 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,359 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:47 PM

I have never played a 2 QB league, does the added number of QBs justify going with Lamar?

If yes and multiple QBs are gonna go in the first round...Lamar. If no...Barkley.

I think it justifies it and I went with Lamar.

QB scarcity is roughly on par with RB scarcity in this (superior) format, and Lamar should get more points than Barkley (.5 ppr league).

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:38 AM

PressBoxFantasy Football: Week 1 Start ‘Em, Sit ‘Em, Picks And Busts

#37 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:56 PM

Did an 8-team PPR with one flex

QB: Kyler Murray, Matt Stafford

RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, Leonard Fournette, Tarik Cohen

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Stefon Diggs, Hollywood Brown, TY Hilton, Marvin Jones, Brandin Cooks

TE: Zach Ertz, Jared Cook

DEF: Bears

K: Rodrigo Blankenship

I really wanted the Kyler/Hopkins duo so I hope that'll go well 

she/her

#38 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:10 AM

Figured I'd get this started:

One flex of:

Marvin Jones (DET) vs. CHI

Brandon Aiyuk (SF) vs. ARI

Jalen Reagor (PHI) at WAS

Tevin Coleman (SF) vs. ARI

I'm high on the two rookies but given their recent injuries, I may be cautious and wait to see how they do in their first games - looks like they're both now playing. Leaning Jones right now.

(I had David Johnson who started things off great for me last night. Only problem was that my opponent had CEH.)

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:41 AM

CBS Sports: Fantasy Football Week 1: Bold predictions on the Patriots backfield, Josh Allen, Le'Veon Bell, and more
https://www.cbssport...-bell-and-more/

#40 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:49 AM

Figured I'd get this started:

One flex of:
Marvin Jones (DET) vs. CHI
Brandon Aiyuk (SF) vs. ARI
Jalen Reagor (PHI) at WAS
Tevin Coleman (SF) vs. ARI

I'm high on the two rookies but given their recent injuries, I may be cautious and wait to see how they do in their first games - looks like they're both now playing. Leaning Jones right now.

(I had David Johnson who started things off great for me last night. Only problem was that my opponent had CEH.)

Wait til Sunday, but Jones is a must cause Golladay is Q with a hamstring. Coleman is second fiddle to Mostert so I’d wait a week and see how Shanahan handles the backs. Aiyuk I think also has a injury possible of some kind, and I just hate Eagles players in fantasy. Zero consistency up there.

Even if Golladay is a go, still would say Jones.
  • Chris B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=