BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,373 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:43 AM

The Ringer: The Ringer’s 2021 NFL Big Board and Mock Draft

#27, Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota

BALTIMORE RAVENS

The Ravens were once again one of the league’s most dominant running teams in 2020, but still have a ways to go in the passing game. With Baltimore reportedly planning on offering a long-term extension to Lamar Jackson, it behooves the organization to keep adding playmakers around its franchise passer. Bateman would complement both Marquise Brown and Mark Andrews well, helping take Jackson’s game to the next level.

#83 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 11:47 AM

Kyle Rudolph says he won't take a pay cut. I wonder what kind of deal it would take in 2021 to get him here next year. As much as I'd like to add a iOL and top tier WR, a bargain deal on a guy like Rudolph could be really good for Baltimore. 

• Mike B and PrimeTime like this

#84 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,654 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 January 2021 - 11:54 AM

Kyle Rudolph says he won't take a pay cut. I wonder what kind of deal it would take in 2021 to get him here next year. As much as I'd like to add a iOL and top tier WR, a bargain deal on a guy like Rudolph could be really good for Baltimore. 

Rudolph is an interesting idea.  He is in his early 30's and is probably a good fit for a 2 year deal.  He is a big guy who fills the need of a big target.  I think the Ravens and Lamar really missed Hurst.  We play a lot of 2 and 3 TE sets, so it makes sense.

@mikeghg

#85 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,654 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 January 2021 - 11:56 AM

The Ringer: The Ringer’s 2021 NFL Big Board and Mock Draft

#27, Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota

BALTIMORE RAVENS

The Ravens were once again one of the league’s most dominant running teams in 2020, but still have a ways to go in the passing game. With Baltimore reportedly planning on offering a long-term extension to Lamar Jackson, it behooves the organization to keep adding playmakers around its franchise passer. Bateman would complement both Marquise Brown and Mark Andrews well, helping take Jackson’s game to the next level.

The mocks are linking the big WR's to the Ravens.

@mikeghg

#86 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 12:02 PM

The mocks are linking the big WR's to the Ravens.

For the how many years in a row? lol...always seems to be the case. 

#87 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,654 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 January 2021 - 12:30 PM

For the how many years in a row? lol...always seems to be the case. 

They are going to get it right one of these years.

@mikeghg

#88 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 01:26 PM

The Earl Thomas thing is also worth pointing out. If the Ravens win their grievance, they'll actually get $4 milion in space back I believe. But if they lose, it'll be $6 million. I'd assume in theory, there is some kind of settlement in between, too. But curious to see what that might look like and what kind of cap implications that could have as well. 

A bit stunning to me that the league hasn't resolved that yet. 

#89 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 06:29 AM

The Earl Thomas thing is also worth pointing out. If the Ravens win their grievance, they'll actually get $4 milion in space back I believe. But if they lose, it'll be $6 million. I'd assume in theory, there is some kind of settlement in between, too. But curious to see what that might look like and what kind of cap implications that could have as well. 

Didn't they have to keep that money available on last season's cap in case the grievance was settled. I know there was the $4 million hold. Don't we get that cap space added back since it wasn't settled .?

Also I heard it might be this summer for the decision.

• JordanKough likes this

#90 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 09:15 AM

Here is a thread from the other day from Brian McFarland, who is generally an expert on these things. Says the 40% of grievance should have hit the cap but never did, and the Ravens have acted like it wasn't an issue. So that money is up in the air right now.

https://twitter.com/...131351776219137

• JordanKough likes this

#91 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 09:24 AM

The player everyone's raving about from the Senior Bowl is a DIII center from Wisconsin-Whitewater named Quinn Meinerz. Obviously has flown under the radar to this point playing DIII, especially without even having a season this past year, but that won't be the case any longer.

I don't know where he's expected to be drafted, or how much that will rise, but maybe a name to lookout for if he falls to the right spot on Day 2.

#92 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 11:07 AM

Here is a thread from the other day from Brian McFarland, who is generally an expert on these things. Says the 40% of grievance should have hit the cap but never did, and the Ravens have acted like it wasn't an issue. So that money is up in the air right now.

https://twitter.com/...131351776219137

OK, I was misled by the prior reports. Hopefully we don't settle and don't have a greivance won against us, that would be bad, lol. 

#93 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,373 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 02:05 PM

Jeremiah: Top 10 NFL draft winners from Senior Bowl

#94 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,373 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 04:21 PM

Balt Ravens.com: Mock Draft Roundup: Several Edge Rushers Could Be Available
https://www.baltimor...ld-be-available

#95 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 05:16 PM

Balt Ravens.com: Mock Draft Roundup: Several Edge Rushers Could Be Available
https://www.baltimor...ld-be-available

I have a feeling that's where we end up going in the first round.

#96 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:10 AM

They'll go BPA, but I hope that BPA is an OL, edge, or WR.

#97 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,654 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:57 AM

I think in the best scenario, they would go interior OL.  I kind of wish we had seen more of Colon.  In his 2 games he seemed to hold up well, with good snap integrity, but it was just 2 games.  

@mikeghg

#98 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:54 PM

BPA is always going to be best long term, no matter what position. For immediate need I'd like to see OL or edge. I'm leery of high pick WRs for the Ravens. OL is just essential, where it all begins; that's how I'd go. And even with the improvements to the defensive front it still feels like opposing QBs get way too comfortable back there.

#99 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 11:21 PM

I think we need to spend money or a high draft pick on Oline. We already have mid round talents and depth at IOL. I'd much rather acquire a plug and play definite upgrade as opposed to further complicate who's best and where.

• Mike B likes this

#100 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,654 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:41 PM

I think we need to spend money or a high draft pick on Oline. We already have mid round talents and depth at IOL. I'd much rather acquire a plug and play definite upgrade as opposed to further complicate who's best and where.

I agree.  So many teams are over the cap, this might be a good year to get a veteran (quality) at a good price.  I suspect as free agency approaches and after the draft, we will see some good talent released.  patience may be the key this off season.

• Huddle It Up Films likes this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=