#10381 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 07 March 2022 - 10:02 AM

Not great news regarding this study comparing survivors of covid to those who haven't contracted it.

https://www.cnn.com/...witz/index.html

#10382 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 March 2022 - 12:39 PM

Meanwhile you've got the Florida Surgeon General preparing to issue guidance urging parents not to vaccinate their children.

#10383 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 March 2022 - 12:42 PM

Meanwhile you've got the Florida Surgeon General preparing to issue guidance urging parents not to vaccinate their children.

There's politicizing covid, and then there's Ron DeSantis. What a clown. His calculus is way off, if he thinks Americans are going to care much about this when they vote in 2024. Then he'll only have his racist voting laws and egregious social policies to stand by. 

#10384 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 09 March 2022 - 09:08 PM

There's politicizing covid, and then there's Ron DeSantis. What a clown. His calculus is way off, if he thinks Americans are going to care much about this when they vote in 2024. Then he'll only have his racist voting laws and egregious social policies to stand by. 

If he loses the Florida Gubernatorial election this November, he'll likely be dead in the GOP waters come 2024. 

#10385 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,379 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 10 March 2022 - 08:36 AM

Sometimes I feel like he's just a dancing clown the GOP makes do this stuff to distract from the other stuff they are really trying to get away with. Misdirection.

@JeremyMStrain

#10386 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 11 March 2022 - 12:41 PM

Second anniversary of the NBA suspending the season

#10387 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 12:43 PM

Just 2 years, life as we knew it was as normal as we will ever see again.

#10388 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,603 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 March 2022 - 12:52 PM

It’s been a long two years

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#10389 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 01:20 PM

It has been a long two years.

One positive, though, is that I personally haven't talked or even thought about COVID much in the last month or so.

Other countries are also ditching their testing rules to enter the country so that bodes well for travel.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10390 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 March 2022 - 09:23 AM

Covid is on the down swing right now, but holy cow colds, viruses and allergies are all out and about.

#10391 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 10:39 AM

So I've been pretty much middle of the road on most Covid issues, trying to avoid the extreme takes on both sides.  So I'm not an anti-masker.

But I don't understand in the NCAA tournament - where pretty much no one in the stands or on the sidelines or courts are wearing a mask - why all of the cheerleaders are masked up.  Clearly seems like it was a universal policy that they had to be masked...just seems odd compared to everything else.

#10392 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 22 March 2022 - 11:14 AM

So I've been pretty much middle of the road on most Covid issues, trying to avoid the extreme takes on both sides. So I'm not an anti-masker.

But I don't understand in the NCAA tournament - where pretty much no one in the stands or on the sidelines or courts are wearing a mask - why all of the cheerleaders are masked up. Clearly seems like it was a universal policy that they had to be masked...just seems odd compared to everything else.

I thought the cheerleaders being masked masked was the result of a NCAA protocol. Apparently, the cheerleaders are following the guidelines set by USA Cheer.

https://graspdealzon...es-why-outkick/
  • Mike in STL likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#10393 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:18 AM

Quite the uptick in cases the past week or so, I guess the good news is the current variant (subvariant) seems to be much milder.

#10394 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 May 2022 - 08:29 AM

Quite the uptick in cases the past week or so, I guess the good news is the current variant (subvariant) seems to be much milder.

Maryland back up to 6.46% test positive. Substantial spread again. It is mild but still not fun, at least it wasn’t for us. Wonder if the vaccines will evolve soon to include immunity against these latest variants? I know there are pros and cons like this. But we’re about to go through a mini surge now, and then a huge one in the fall apparently.

#10395 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,379 posts

Posted 15 May 2022 - 06:30 PM

Maryland back up to 6.46% test positive. Substantial spread again. It is mild but still not fun, at least it wasn’t for us. Wonder if the vaccines will evolve soon to include immunity against these latest variants? I know there are pros and cons like this. But we’re about to go through a mini surge now, and then a huge one in the fall apparently.

Yup. They stopped any and all prevention methods at school, and my middle one picked it up in band and brought it home to me too. 2/5 of us down so far...just a gross cold symptoms so far, but still sucks.

@JeremyMStrain

#10396 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 May 2022 - 11:09 AM

FDA has authorized a booster shot for kids 5-11,  I think for now I'll hold off for my kids and maybe wait until closer to the start of the new school year.

I'm curious though, my oldest is now 12,  but received the kids vaccine in December.   Would she get the kids booster dose, or the adult dosage.

• BobPhelan likes this

#10397 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 11:19 AM

FDA has authorized a booster shot for kids 5-11,  I think for now I'll hold off for my kids and maybe wait until closer to the start of the new school year.

I'm curious though, my oldest is now 12,  but received the kids vaccine in December.   Would she get the kids booster dose, or the adult dosage.

Like any prescription for a 12 year old, wouldnt you look at their physical size. I mean, me at 12 was 6 foot, like I am many years later.

#10398 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,379 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 04:20 PM

Would have been great a few weeks ago before our school system exploded with cases. She'd now get the adult dosage...which as mentioned below is stupid because age does not equal size which is what things should be calculated on.

@JeremyMStrain

#10399 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 09:47 PM

Yup. They stopped any and all prevention methods at school, and my middle one picked it up in band and brought it home to me too. 2/5 of us down so far...just a gross cold symptoms so far, but still sucks.

Our illegitimate SCOTUS tipped their hand.

Just get your boosters cuz the morons are crapping all around us. 

#10400 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,379 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 09:30 AM

Our illegitimate SCOTUS tipped their hand.

Just get your boosters cuz the morons are crapping all around us. 

Yeah we've all been fully vaxxed and boosted. Apparently this variant cares not. It just TORE through our schools here like wet tissue paper. There are two full 5th grade classes quarantined at our school right now, and a 3rd one about to go down (that's the grade my middle is in that picked it up). But they don't tell anyone how bad things are or anything anymore so it crept up on us and just smacked us over the head. Entire family is down with it now.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=