SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

Drexel, their defense is sick!

Looks like Cleveland State has lost it's way of late, that's a shame.Butler has now won 6 straight, they'll be ready for that tourney.

Clearly though you guys are right on Wichita State, they're just nasty.
@beginthebegin71

#42 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Drexel, their defense is sick!

Looks like Cleveland State has lost it's way of late, that's a shame.Butler has now won 6 straight, they'll be ready for that tourney.

Clearly though you guys are right on Wichita State, they're just nasty.

I do a College BBall "wins" draft each year and had WSU on my radar after their NIT championship last year and saw they had a junior/senior laden team coming into this year...I hope they don't "jump onto people's radars" before the draft as I was hoping they'd draw like a 7 or a 10 seed and make the elite 8 going through a 2 and then a 3 (or 6) seed...
@brobey1

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Current standings:

UNC: 11-2 (@UVA, MD, @Duke)
Duke: 10-2 (@FSU, VaTech, @Wake, UNC)
FSU: 10-2 (Duke, @Miami, @UVA, Clemson)
UVA: 8-5 (UNC, FSU, @UMD)
NCST: 7-6 (@Clemson, Miami, @VaTech)
Miami: 7-6 (FSU, @NCST, Boston College)
Maryland: 6-7 (@GaTech, @UNC, UVA)

Duke at Florida State tonight at 7.

#44 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

March 3. Be there.
@beginthebegin71

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

Who else could you see winning it all? Duke, Michigan State, Kansas, Marquette, Baylor, Georgetown, Louisville?

Where does your list end?

#46 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Who else could you see winning it all? Duke, Michigan State, Kansas, Marquette, Baylor, Georgetown, Louisville?

MSu and Kansas have a chance.

I think Duke has a very slim chance but if they can stay hot from 3 and the Plumlee's rebound well and provide 20ish points a game down low, they could go deep.

But the lack of athleticism and the poor(although vastly improving) defense will hold them back.

#47 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

This year's Michigan State team has that make-up of an Izzo type team that will make a run to the Final Four/Championship...I hate Big 10 basketball, but they are one team that can play different styles of basketball, but also make you play their game and can beat you. I just worry about their pre-conference losses as a couple were ugly...
@brobey1

#48 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

http://kenpom.com/

Last year, UCONN was the first team in like 10 years that won the title finishing outside of either the top 10 in offensive or defensive efficiency.

Kentucky and Kansas are the only 2 teams that have that distinction as of right now...a few others are close.

#49 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Last year, UCONN was the first team in like 10 years that won the title finishing outside of either the top 10 in offensive or defensive efficiency.

Kentucky and Kansas are the only 2 teams that have that distinction as of right now...a few others are close.

I love March Madness, but it does dilute the regular season. Does anyone seriously think UConn was close to one of the best teams last year? They got hot at the right time and you need that to win, as you are ultimately playing two games per week over a three week period during March Madness.
@levineps

#50 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

I love March Madness, but it does dilute the regular season. Does anyone seriously think UConn was close to one of the best teams last year? They got hot at the right time and you need that to win, as you are ultimately playing two games per week over a three week period during March Madness.

You can say this about all sports though.

Its always about who gets hot and what the matchups are.

The thing that I don't agree with, even though they are exciting, is when these smaller conferences have their tourneys and the best team gets upset.

Those conferences should want their best team representing them.

#51 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

I think it's absolutely wide open this year. Going on talent alone? I'd take UNC or Kentucky. To be honest, I'm not sold on Roy Williams ability to get the most out of his players. He's got arguably 4 first team All ACC players and a boatload of talent around them, a pretty experienced squad, and yet they've had a solid handful of 'wtf?' sort of moments throughout the year, completely lapses in focus that I wouldn't have expected for a team that talented and a coach of his supposed caliber. Still think they've got as good a shot as any to win it, though. And I think they beat Duke on Saturday as well.

Kansas and Syracuse certainly have a shot. Some people will sleep on Mizzou, but they have a legit shot at a deep run. Duke could do it too, Rivers has started to step up..if they can get the perimeter shooting going and get solid play inside from the Plumlees, they can beat anyone.

A lot of teams with a good shot, I don't think there's any clear cut favorite.

Chris, you should totally do a BSL bracket contest.

@AdamWolff

#52 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

Should be a great game. I think Carolina gets this one in the revenge game. I'm sure they're getting mighty sick of seeing Rivers jumper all over the place.

I despise both teams, so this would fall under the "just looking for a good game" sorta things for me. I don't expect to be disappointed!

@AdamWolff

#53 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

I def think Wichita St can make a Butler type run. They are legit.

I would be suprised if the champion isn't one of

Kentucky
Kansas
UNC
Syracuse
Mich St
Ohio St
Wich St
Wisconsin
Baylor
Georgetown

Some of the pretenders??

Duke
Missouri
Indiana
Florida

#54 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

I thought UNC would win by 10+ in the first game.

I don't predict them to do that this time but I expect UNC to win..and not lose another game the rest of the year.

#55 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

I would HATE to lose to Duke twice in the same season, and of course we'll probably play again next Sunday.

Let's go!
@beginthebegin71

#56 texasbluedevil69

texasbluedevil69
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

I know I haven't posted too much here and I do appreciate anyone who has checked out my site (www.bracketwag.com) but I've got some pretty cool news - the NCAA and Turner Broadcasting held a contest to have a Mock fan selection committee and I won!!! Free trip to Atlanta, ACC tourney games and we get to interact with the real committee during the selection process. Anything you want to offer up as a suggestion for teams YOU think should be entered is welcome - we can use input from fans. Feel free to email me anything you think will help your teams get selected! Please know we have no say-so in the final REAL bracket, we only get to compare ours with the real committee. This is gonna be a BLAST!! my email is [email protected].
@BracketWAG

#57 iHateJJRedick

iHateJJRedick
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

http://ihatejjr.com/... ... lantic-sun

A preview of today's college basketball conference games.
@iHateJJRedick

#58 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

UNC Asheville and Murray St. punch their tickets.

The Racers had a scare as they only win by 2 over Tennessee St. State had a chance at a shot with 1.1 seconds left on the clock but missed it. Belmont and Florida Gulf Coast face off tonight at 7 on ESPN2 for the Atlantic Sun championship.

Bubble teams can breathe a sigh of relief that Murray St. won.

#59 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

Did not get to see the UNC/Duke game last night, but seeing the highlights and reading the recap; that was the UNC team we expected to see this year. A UNC / Kentucky final would be a lot fun.

#60 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Belmont punched their ticket beating Florida Gulf Coast in the Atlantic Sun championship last night. Harvard got a big win over Cornell last night as well. If Penn beats Princeton on Tuesday, the Crimson and the Quakers will have a one game playoff to determine who represents the Ivy League in the NCAAs. If Penn loses, Harvard is the outright champion.

MVC: TODAY finals. Creighton Bluejays vs. Illinois St. Redbirds. Redbirds got a big win over Wichita St. yesterday. All bubble teams will be rooting for McDermott and Creighton today, as the MVC is guaranteed two NCAA bids already (Creighton/Wichita St.).
CAA: March 4th semifinals (finals on Monday). Drexel takes on ODU, George Mason takes on VCU. Drexel is probably IN, while VCU is still on the bubble.
MAAC: March 4th semifinals (finals on Monday). Iona takes on Fairfield, Loyola MD faces Siena. Can't believe neither of these games are on television.
SoCon: March 4th semifinals- UNC Greensboro vs. West Carolina and Elon vs. Davidson. SoCon is a one-bid league.
West Coast Conference: March 5th final between St. Mary's and Gonzaga. Both should already be in the NCAAs.
Horizon League: March 6th final between Valpo and Detroit. Horizon is a one-bid league.
Sun Belt: March 4th quarterfinals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=