Photo

College Football 2020: General Talk (Alabama Wins Title)

• Please log in to reply
739 replies to this topic

#681 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,346 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 January 2021 - 12:19 AM

Yawnfest. College Football has been brutal this year.

#682 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:10 AM

Based on what we saw tonight I'm convinced Northwestern or Indiana could win the ACC lol

she/her

#683 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 11:14 AM

I think it's a joke if Ohio State wins the national championship.  They only played 5 games.  They shouldn't have even been in the playoff group.  If the Big Ten hadn't changed their rules to allow them to play in the conference championship they probably wouldn't have been in it.  Not a big Alabama fan, but I hope they crush OSU.

#684 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 11:46 AM

The Ringer: Justin Fields Did More Than Just Best Trevor Lawrence. He Delivered a Mythmaking Playoff Performance.

#685 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 11:49 AM

CBS Sports: College football bowl games today: Schedule with predictions, picks, odds, lines for Fiesta, Orange, Outback
https://www.cbssport...orange-outback/

#686 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 11:50 AM

CBS Sports: Alabama vs. Ohio State: Early picks, predictions, odds for College Football Playoff National Championship game

https://www.cbssport...mpionship-game/

#687 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:18 PM

I think it's a joke if Ohio State wins the national championship.  They only played 5 games.  They shouldn't have even been in the playoff group.  If the Big Ten hadn't changed their rules to allow them to play in the conference championship they probably wouldn't have been in it.  Not a big Alabama fan, but I hope they crush OSU.

Only team I would've wanted to see over OSU was unbeaten Cincy, otherwise you're rewarding a TAMU team who got spanked by Alabama or an Oklahoma team who lost to K-State at home 

she/her

#688 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:27 PM

Only team I would've wanted to see over OSU was unbeaten Cincy, otherwise you're rewarding a TAMU team who got spanked by Alabama or an Oklahoma team who lost to K-State at home 

I won't argue that OSU isn't better than those teams, I'm just talking about deserving to be there.  They played 5 games, 4 of them against losing teams.  They didn't qualify for the Big 10 championship until the Big 10 realized they were going to lose out on big conference money if they didn't bend the rules to get OSU in the conference championship game so they could be selected for the playoff group.  I just don't think a team that only played half a regular season schedule should be allowed to qualify for the playoffs.  

#689 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:47 PM

Kentucky beat NCST 23-21. 

Ole Miss beat Indiana 26-20.

Iowa State doubled up Oregon 34-17.

Texas A&M leads UNC 7-3.

#690 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:38 PM

17-13 A&M at the half.

#691 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:48 PM

The Ringer: Notre Dame's New Tradition is Getting Its Ass Kicked in Big Bowl Games

And this was written before yesterday's game.

#692 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:56 PM

I won't argue that OSU isn't better than those teams, I'm just talking about deserving to be there.  They played 5 games, 4 of them against losing teams.  They didn't qualify for the Big 10 championship until the Big 10 realized they were going to lose out on big conference money if they didn't bend the rules to get OSU in the conference championship game so they could be selected for the playoff group.  I just don't think a team that only played half a regular season schedule should be allowed to qualify for the playoffs.  

I just don't see why it's OSU's fault Penn State had a down year, MSU was in year one with a new coach and Scott Frost hasn't been able to build anything meaningful in year three at Nebraska. Rutgers is Rutgers but you can pretty easily find other years a 3-0 sweep of PSU/MSU/Neb is pretty solid. 

she/her

#693 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 12:12 AM

I just don't see why it's OSU's fault Penn State had a down year, MSU was in year one with a new coach and Scott Frost hasn't been able to build anything meaningful in year three at Nebraska. Rutgers is Rutgers but you can pretty easily find other years a 3-0 sweep of PSU/MSU/Neb is pretty solid. 

I agree the schedule is the schedule.  You can only play who is on it.  My problem is basically with a team only playing 5 games of their season being included in the playoffs.  And the way the Big 10 did it.  They knew OSU probably wouldn't get in unless they won the conference championship game so they waived a rule that they themselves put into place so that OSU could play in the game.  The whole reason was simply about money.  The Big 10 didn't want to lose out on the money from the playoffs.  I just think it's a joke if a team that plays only a 5 game season ends up being National champion.  Just my opinion.  

#694 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 09:21 AM

CBS Sports: Will Ohio State's perseverance or Alabama's season-long dominance prevail in the national title game?
https://www.cbssport...nal-title-game/

#695 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:00 AM

ESPN: How Alabama and Ohio State match up in CFP National Championship
https://www.espn.com...al-championship

#696 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:34 PM

CBS Sports: Alabama star WR Jaylen Waddle to return to practice and could be available for national title game, per report
https://www.cbssport...ame-per-report/

#697 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 11:49 PM

The closest Edsall will ever come to a national championship, and he got it because his team didn’t play.

https://www.nytimes....oronavirus.html

#698 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:56 AM

CBS Sports: Four ways Ohio State's offense can keep up with Alabama in the national championship
https://www.cbssport...l-championship/

#699 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:26 AM

I am looking forward to seeing this game.  Common sense tells me Alabama, but I have a feeling Ohio State has a real good chance to surprise.

@mikeghg

#700 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:56 PM

BSL: Championship Game Preview

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users