#1741 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:23 AM

Well deserved. Kinda surprised he's just the 8th player ever to win both the LCS and WS MVP's.

Yea, he deserved it.  I wondered of Kershaw might get it. though.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#1742 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:49 AM

Removing Snell in that situation, is only slightly less stupid than bringing in Ubaldo instead of Britton. 

• Mike in STL and CantonJester like this

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#1743 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:55 AM

I at times really dislike the way the game is played today, but even if you totally buy into the managing by numbers, you also need to weigh the other factors.

The main one being Snell was on his game last night and had only thrown about 75 pitches,  In addition the Rays pen was worn out especially Anderson who had allowed runs in 7 straight appearances.

Cash blew it in my view.

• 24fps and Mike in STL like this
@mikeghg

#1744 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:55 AM

Removing Snell in that situation, is only slightly less stupid than bringing in Ubaldo instead of Britton. 

Considering the TB bullpen had been way overused in the series.

• weird-O likes this

#1745 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:51 AM

MLB kind of lucked out with the Dodgers winning game 6.  They would have had some tough decisions to make about game 7 after Turner's positive test.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this

#1746 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:00 AM

MLB kind of lucked out with the Dodgers winning game 6.  They would have had some tough decisions to make about game 7 after Turner's positive test.

That's immediately where my head went when I read that. Can you imagine if they had to either postpone a few days, and then replace positive tests with minor leaguers, OR had to quarrantine players he was in close contact with (the whole team) and made them field a replacement roster (a la Miami) in game 7?

@JeremyMStrain

#1747 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:01 AM

Yep, it would have been a problem.   The concerning thing to me is Tucker went out on the field after the game and celebrated and took part in the team picture.

@mikeghg

#1748 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 01:46 PM

Since Turner's positive test won't have an impact on the WS, we'll probably never hear how he came to test positive. But I have to admit, I'm curious how it could have happened. 

#1749 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 02:10 PM

https://amp.cnn.com/...intl/index.html

So the link here from CNN shows Turner wearing a mask, only pulling it down when they snapped the team picture for maybe the 5 seconds that took.

There are a lot of holier than thou types coming out...like this one...
https://sports.yahoo...-152422116.html

...that will look foolish (already do) even more so if this turns out to be a false positive.

We wear masks incase we have Covid we don’t spread it, and to not contract it. Because you can be asymptomatic, like Turner said he is, having it and knowing it and having it and not knowing it are the same thing. You wear a mask for the same reason.

Once in a lifetime moment. He wanted to pull his mask down for five seconds, fine. Teammates wanted to hug him while he was masked up, fine. He shouldn’t shower his teammates with champagne out of a bottle he just slobbered on, he should social distance for the after party.

Let’s not shame Justin Turner, that’s all.
@BSLMikeRandall

#1750 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,525 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2020 - 02:16 PM

Of the hundred's of professional athletes that have tested positive around the world, have one of them even had complications? 

#1751 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 02:20 PM

Of the hundred's of professional athletes that have tested positive around the world, have one of them even had complications? 

Eduardo Rodriguez, maybe?  I'm pretty sure I read about someone else, but now I can't remember any details.  Still, as far as we know, the percentage with complications has been very low.

#1752 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 28 October 2020 - 02:40 PM

Jags running back https://www.espn.com...iss-rest-season

#1753 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 28 October 2020 - 02:45 PM

Nothing definitive with this, but concerning nonetheless:

https://www.nytimes....e-athletes.html

#1754 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,525 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2020 - 03:04 PM

Jags running back https://www.espn.com...iss-rest-season

Wow, that's terrible. RB's have such a short shelf life to begin with. 

#1755 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,525 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2020 - 03:05 PM

Nothing definitive with this, but concerning nonetheless:

https://www.nytimes....e-athletes.html

This remains the biggest X factor IMO - we just don't know yet how serious this can become longer term.

#1756 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 03:17 PM

Eduardo Rodriguez, maybe?  I'm pretty sure I read about someone else, but now I can't remember any details.  Still, as far as we know, the percentage with complications has been very low.

Freddie Freeman was hit pretty hard. So much so, that Markakis opted out of the season, based on his phone call with Freeman. Freeman said he spiked a fever of 104.

#1757 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 04:00 PM

Armrstead sounds like the worst case. Freeman had a fever, but that’s manageable at home. Kenley Jansen said he still “shows symptoms” sometimes, whatever that means. Does he have a fever sometimes? Does he lose his sense of taste for a day?

Serious consequences, sounds like one. Going from asymptomatic to symptomatic, more than a few.
@BSLMikeRandall

#1758 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 04:08 PM

Paywall, The Athletic: https://theathletic....es/F3YMGJKoh2Xa

“A source told Ken Rosenthal that Turner was adamant about joining his team for the celebration and had the support of at least some club officials.

We’re going to get him a picture then get him off [the field] one Dodgers official said. We can’t deny him that. The guy is the heart and soul of our organization.

Turner wore a mask while holding up the Commissioners Trophy during the Dodgers on field celebration. He briefly removed the mask for a team photo before putting it back on.”
@BSLMikeRandall

#1759 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 04:17 PM

Here’s a question. When that last out is recorded, is the season over? In the NBA when teams got eliminated they left the bubble. They aren’t subject to the policies anymore, right. Same with baseball? Players on 28 others teams got on with their lives, wherever that may be, when they got eliminated right?

Baseballs policy on this was dumb anyway. Manfred called the hotels “bubbles” and family couldn’t stay with them. But the general public could get rooms there no problem. Trevor Bauer said he should just have his wife book her own room and he’d be fine.

That’s the level of stupidity we deal with concerning Manfred.

Furthermore, from what Rosenthal said, it sounds like Turner at least asked to be out there, and a team official said, “sure”. If anything, the blame shifts to the official, not Turner, if MLB in their stupidity wants to hand down punishment.
@BSLMikeRandall

#1760 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 06:39 AM

https://amp.cnn.com/...intl/index.html

So the link here from CNN shows Turner wearing a mask, only pulling it down when they snapped the team picture for maybe the 5 seconds that took.

There are a lot of holier than thou types coming out...like this one...
https://sports.yahoo...-152422116.html

...that will look foolish (already do) even more so if this turns out to be a false positive.

We wear masks incase we have Covid we don’t spread it, and to not contract it. Because you can be asymptomatic, like Turner said he is, having it and knowing it and having it and not knowing it are the same thing. You wear a mask for the same reason.

Once in a lifetime moment. He wanted to pull his mask down for five seconds, fine. Teammates wanted to hug him while he was masked up, fine. He shouldn’t shower his teammates with champagne out of a bottle he just slobbered on, he should social distance for the after party.

Let’s not shame Justin Turner, that’s all.

There's a lot more pictures of him without a mask. It wasn't just 5 sec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=