• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#41 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:25 PM

Long Reach 7 Dunbar 0 > The Lightning’s Eric Benesch threw a 40 yard go route for a score, and may take over the starting position.

TD was to a former Poet Rashaud Littlejohn 

• BSLWillieSeanCoughlan likes this

East

Coast

Fan

#42 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:22 AM

Long Reach - 7
Dunbar - 6

Poets scored with 20 sec. left when Lightning had a mix of 1,3 and 4 in the game.

Sounds like a competitive game. Good tune up for both teams. LR might leap frog RH in the power rankings.

#43 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:41 AM

Just watched the WM-Glenelg film. It was closer than the score indicated. Starters was 2-1 WM but Glenelg also got a pick on the very first drive for WM. Glenelg's defense was doing a lot of rotating but they didn't look great during one WM drive except for that first one. 

Edit: Just finished watching the other two Glenelg scrimmages. Glenelg and Middletown tied at 2 with starters it looked like. They were both evenly matched it seemed. The Glenelg-Hammond scrimmage also tied at 2. Hammond's receivers and QB look decent but they're line on both sides is big but not very good. Think Glenelg is far better than the score indicated but it looks like the rebuild with Bell has started pretty good for Hammond. Also I think the Glenelg RB's will surprise a lot of people this year. They have 3 that are pretty good just obviously not Wande good. 

Big Red.

I see former Glenelg OL Dakota Davis is slated to start at RG for Syracuse as they play Liberty University this weekend:

https://www.baltimor...all-2019/page-2

• BigRed likes this

#44 BigRed

BigRed
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:33 PM

Big Red.

I see former Glenelg OL Dakota Davis is slated to start at RG for Syracuse as they play Liberty University this weekend:

https://www.baltimor...all-2019/page-2

Gonna admit haven't really been paying close attention to his career up in Syracuse. But this is really cool. I'm so happy for the kid after watching him dominate for Butch up front a few years ago. Him and Trae were arguably the best tackle tandem in county history imo but I'm a little bias! Also can't wait to to see his little brother start this year for Glenelg at qb after dominating this past year in lacrosse,  helping them win states! Thanks for showing me this! Cant wait to watch tommorrow! Might have to go to CP next week.

#45 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:45 PM

Gonna admit haven't really been paying close attention to his career up in Syracuse. But this is really cool. I'm so happy for the kid after watching him dominate for Butch up front a few years ago. Him and Trae were arguably the best tackle tandem in county history imo but I'm a little bias! Also can't wait to to see his little brother start this year for Glenelg at qb after dominating this past year in lacrosse, helping them win states! Thanks for showing me this! Cant wait to watch tommorrow! Might have to go to CP next week.

How’d Glenelg do tonight?

#46 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:02 AM

Athloton beat Chesapeake AA 28-7.

https://www.maxpreps...ideos&schoolid=

Howard beat Hammond 37-6.

https://www.maxpreps...tchup&schoolid=

Centennial beat Wheaton 13-12.

• ShoNuff07 likes this

#47 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:03 AM

Athloton beat Chesapeake AA 28-7.

Howard beat Hammond 37-6.

https://www.maxpreps...tchup&schoolid=

Centennial beat Wheaton 13-12.

HOORAY for Centennial!!!  Yes, its a scrimmage.  I am happy for this program.  Man, if they can get to 3 wins, that would help this program!

• Pedro Cerrano likes this

#48 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:05 AM

Gonna admit haven't really been paying close attention to his career up in Syracuse. But this is really cool. I'm so happy for the kid after watching him dominate for Butch up front a few years ago. Him and Trae were arguably the best tackle tandem in county history imo but I'm a little bias! Also can't wait to to see his little brother start this year for Glenelg at qb after dominating this past year in lacrosse,  helping them win states! Thanks for showing me this! Cant wait to watch tommorrow! Might have to go to CP next week.

I think they were as well.  Must give credit where credit is due!

• BigRed likes this

#49 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:38 AM

Howard played Mervo and Arundle. Played well. 15 kids (mostly starters) we taking the SAT’s. Howard and Mervo didn’t give up anything to each other. Mervo has a few scores against Arundle. Arundle got in once against Howard but howard scores 3 times against Arundle.

Howard has some good speed and a really good Def. Running game was lacking but it looked like their starting RB and most of their line was missing today so I expect that to improve. Didn’t really move until they started running power stuff.

I attended Howard's game scrimmage at Hammond.  It was a running clock for the most part with Hammond's QBs wearing a yellow jersey, meaning you can't tackle them.  Both teams played their 1st string during the 1st half, with Howard leading 14-6 at the half.  Howard's offense scored on their first and last possessions of the half, and struggled in between. Hammond scored when Howard's punter dropped a snap and was tackled near the goal line.  Hammond scored on the next play. During the 2nd half it appeared that Howard's depth took over, where their offense started moving the ball and scoring.  Final score was 37-6.  I thought Hammond look better than what that score says.  Thought their 1st team defense fairly decent.  They have some nice pieces on offense, but they just could keep a drive going.  Will be keeping an eye on their progress this year.

#50 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:01 AM

HOORAY for Centennial!!!  Yes, its a scrimmage.  I am happy for this program.  Man, if they can get to 3 wins, that would help this program!

Ahh, my bad... didn't realize it was a scrimmage and not a real game...

#51 BigRed

BigRed
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:49 AM

How’d Glenelg do tonight?

I heard they tied when 1s were in. Apparently the offense did pretty good but the defense wasn't that good. It looks like the offense is gonna be ok compared to last year but the D is probably going to be nowhere near as good as last year. They aren't gonna go as far as last year but they'll be pretty good! 

#52 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:45 PM

I saw a Hammond team that is going to struggle on Off. Ran a lot of wr screens. Need to be more dynamic. Very weak running game just not there yet. They might win a couple games because their schedule is weaker but there was not a huge difference between this years Hammond team and previous teams.

On D they have some larger (not in a good way) lineman that needed to be subbed for every 2 plays. Pretty basic schemes. Needed to blitz in order to stop Howard’s ground game. Had a tough time containing the edge. sweeps and QB runs to the outside of the tackles were mostly there for Howard. The had some nice red zone stops though.

Howard on O has some serious speed. Eley is the fastest guy on the field. Hawkins is much better at running than throwing right now. Howard put a number of RB’s in that all ran well. Line was night and day from last week (no SAT’s last night). Passing game is really lacking right now. Hawkins will need to get that going if this team wants to beat the big boys.

Howard’s D tackles great and has good speed and flows to the ball. Hammond had to have less than 10 yards rushing and only completed a few passes throughout the game. If Hammond ran 15 snaps in the 1st half I would be shocked.

#53 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:17 PM

I saw a Hammond team that is going to struggle on Off. Ran a lot of wr screens. Need to be more dynamic. Very weak running game just not there yet. They might win a couple games because their schedule is weaker but there was not a huge difference between this years Hammond team and previous teams.

On D they have some larger (not in a good way) lineman that needed to be subbed for every 2 plays. Pretty basic schemes. Needed to blitz in order to stop Howard’s ground game. Had a tough time containing the edge. sweeps and QB runs to the outside of the tackles were mostly there for Howard. The had some nice red zone stops though.

Howard on O has some serious speed. Eley is the fastest guy on the field. Hawkins is much better at running than throwing right now. Howard put a number of RB’s in that all ran well. Line was night and day from last week (no SAT’s last night). Passing game is really lacking right now. Hawkins will need to get that going if this team wants to beat the big boys.

Howard’s D tackles great and has good speed and flows to the ball. Hammond had to have less than 10 yards rushing and only completed a few passes throughout the game. If Hammond ran 15 snaps in the 1st half I would be shocked.

With their schedule, if Hammond can win 4 games this season that would be much improvement from the previous seasons.  And I believe they can possibly achieve that:

https://www.maxpreps...ll/schedule.htm

#54 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:12 AM

Ok no more scrimmage talk its now time for the real games!

Week 1 Power Rankings

Howard

Glenelg

Long Reach

River Hill

Reservoir

Wilde Lake

Atholton

Marriotts Ridge

Hammond

Oakland MIlls

Mt Hebron

Centennial

Week 1 Predictions

Mt. Hebron 7 Northeast 21

Howard 28 Reservoir 14

River Hill 28 Atholton 7

Centennial 0 Catonsville 28

Oakland Mills 7 Hammond 14

Wilde Lake 7 Oakdale 21

Long Reach 28 Woodlawn 7

Glenelg 28 Marriotts Ridge 0

• BSLChrisStoner, BSLWillieSeanCoughlan and ShoNuff07 like this

#55 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:18 PM

Ok no more scrimmage talk its now time for the real games!

Week 1 Power Rankings

Howard

Glenelg

Long Reach

River Hill

Reservoir

Wilde Lake

Atholton

Marriotts Ridge

Hammond

Oakland MIlls

Mt Hebron

Centennial

Week 1 Predictions

Mt. Hebron 7 Northeast 21

Howard 28 Reservoir 14

River Hill 28 Atholton 7

Centennial 0 Catonsville 28

Oakland Mills 7 Hammond 14

Wilde Lake 7 Oakdale 21

Long Reach 28 Woodlawn 7

Glenelg 28 Marriotts Ridge 0

You are pretty much "Spot On" with your predictions. The only one I been going back and forth over is the Oakland MIlls/Hammond game.  Just not sure if Hammond is going to come out and win their first game.  Plus, I have not seen nor heard anything on Oakland MIlls.

• ECF likes this

#56 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:10 PM

All your scores are 7 point increments. Do they not kick FGs?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#57 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:16 PM

All your scores are 7 point increments. Do they not kick FGs?

FG are rare to be honest. Not worthy of a prediction
  • Pedro Cerrano likes this

#58 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:17 PM

You are pretty much "Spot On" with your predictions. The only one I been going back and forth over is the Oakland MIlls/Hammond game. Just not sure if Hammond is going to come out and win their first game. Plus, I have not seen nor heard anything on Oakland MIlls.

OM is small and lost to South River 28-14 in their scrimmage. Not super impressive.

You are correct it’s the toughest game to predict.

#59 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:24 AM

OM is small and lost to South River 28-14 in their scrimmage. Not super impressive.

You are correct it’s the toughest game to predict.

QB is returning correct ?

East

Coast

Fan

#60 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:52 AM

QB is returning correct ?

Word is Oakland Mills completely changed their offense. Apparently they’re running some type of wing t or double wing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=