Howard County Football

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#61 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:46 AM

Word is Oakland Mills completely changed their offense. Apparently they’re running some type of wing t or double wing.

I heard the same thing. I heard maybe even single wing......

#62 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:49 AM

QB is returning correct ?

He is. With the new O we will see how it works out. OM used the spread up tempo stuff well I though. Their line play will drastically need to improve in order to run any type of wing O

• ECF likes this

#63 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:48 PM

He is. With the new O we will see how it works out. OM used the spread up tempo stuff well I though. Their line play will drastically need to improve in order to run any type of wing O

Agree and I think you’re right it probably is single wing that’s what I’ve heard. Apparently they have two guys waiting for the snap just like they would in a single wing

#64 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:14 PM

OM is small and lost to South River 28-14 in their scrimmage. Not super impressive.

You are correct it’s the toughest game to predict.

Don't forget last year South River beat Broadnack in their Regional Playoff game.  However, they were smoked by North Point in the Regional Final.

#65 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:17 PM

Agree and I think you’re right it probably is single wing that’s what I’ve heard. Apparently they have two guys waiting for the snap just like they would in a single wing

That takes some time to used to playing.  I am guessing probably 2 years before they will be running that offense efficiently. 

Man, another team I want to take a look at playing...

#66 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:46 PM

That takes some time to used to playing. I am guessing probably 2 years before they will be running that offense efficiently.

Man, another team I want to take a look at playing...

Yeah I agree going to be interesting. I also agree with GDEF I think it’s gonna take at least a year to get that offense down if not more switching from the spread. I’m gonna try to head to that game on Friday night.

#67 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:16 PM

Word is Oakland Mills completely changed their offense. Apparently they’re running some type of wing t or double wing.

WOW

• ShoNuff07 likes this

East

Coast

Fan

#68 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:49 PM

WOW

TELL ME about ECF!

• ECF likes this

#69 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:58 AM

Howard County football teams prepare for 2019 season with new playoff format

https://www.baltimor...cqqi-story.html

East

Coast

Fan

#70 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 04:36 PM

Howard County football teams prepare for 2019 season with new playoff format

https://www.baltimor...cqqi-story.html

Thanks for posting the Howard County Football article.  According to this, we have Oakland Mills still running its No-Huddle Spread.  It does states that Marriotts Ridge is running the Delaware Wing T (http://assets.ngin.c...ach_Thurman.pdf )

• ECF likes this

#71 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for posting the Howard County Football article. According to this, we have Oakland Mills still running its No-Huddle Spread. It does states that Marriotts Ridge is running the Delaware Wing T (http://assets.ngin.c...ach_Thurman.pdf )

Interesting I have a friend that went to their SR Scrimmage said they were in double wing. Maybe decided to scrap it and stick with what works I guess

#72 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:08 PM

Interesting I have a friend that went to their SR Scrimmage said they were in double wing. Maybe decided to scrap it and stick with what works I guess

OR maybe the reporter forgot that Oakland Mills stated they were moving to the Wing formation offense.  Could be a simple mistake like that.

#73 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:21 PM

OR maybe the reporter forgot that Oakland Mills stated they were moving to the Wing formation offense. Could be a simple mistake like that.

Very true

#74 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:35 PM

OR maybe the reporter forgot that Oakland Mills stated they were moving to the Wing formation offense. Could be a simple mistake like that.

More likely the reporter doesn’t really understand the game at that level and made an assumption. Local coverage of high schools is really bad in this area. Shame with all the talent here.

#75 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:14 PM

More likely the reporter doesn’t really understand the game at that level and made an assumption. Local coverage of high schools is really bad in this area. Shame with all the talent here.

The author (Jacob Calvin Meyer) of the above Sun article is a registered poster here.  

So is another Sun HS writer (Kyle Andrews).  

Thought The Sun made nice hires with both...  HS might not be their specialty, but they've hustled, done some different writing for numerous local sites....  both have earned their opportunity, and you can tell that they actually give a damn about what they are doing. 

Kyle is also battling cancer, but still out busting his ass. Easy guy to respect. 

#76 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:16 PM

The author (Jacob Calvin Meyer) of the above Sun article is a registered poster here.  

So is another Sun HS writer (Kyle Andrews).  

Thought The Sun made nice hires with both...  HS might not be their specialty, but they've hustled, done some different writing for numerous local sites....  both have earned their opportunity, and you can tell that they actually give a damn about what they are doing. 

Kyle is also battling cancer, but still out busting his ass. Easy guy to respect. 

We all respect their work.

#77 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:20 PM

We all respect their work.

If it wasn't clear, wasn't suggesting otherwise.   Just highlighting them, as they are two relatively new hires and potentially good follows for the HS fans here. 

#78 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:53 PM

If it wasn't clear, wasn't suggesting otherwise. Just highlighting them, as they are two relatively new hires and potentially good follows for the HS fans here.

Hopefully the new blood works out. I think we all wish there was more coverage for the kids. I also wish the sun and post didn’t make us have to subscribe for access to their online work. They gotta make a buck I guess.
  • ECF likes this

#79 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

Howard 19, Reservoir 14
River Hill 33, Atholton 8
Glenelg 14, Marriotts Ridge 7
Hammond 34, Oakland Mills 21
Woodlawn 14, Long Reach 12
Northeast-AA 41, Mt. Hebron 14
Catonsville 32, Centennial 7

https://www.baltimor...anbm-story.html

• GDEF likes this

#80 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:09 AM

We are off and running! We got to see everyone in action and we now have some more data. With that being said here we go!

Power Rankings

Howard

Glenelg

River Hill

Reservoir

Long Reach

Wilde Lake

Marriott Ridge

Hammond

Oakland Mills

Atholton

Mt Hebron