401 replies to this topic

#61 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:55 PM

Lots of season to go but Os have a chance to have 4 Top 30 prospects in baseball. Rutch, Hall, Rodriguez, and Henderson.
  • BobPhelan and Mike B like this

#62 NickStevens

NickStevens

HOF

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA but the 757 is home

Posted 13 May 2021 - 07:43 AM

He's just 19, about 1.5 years younger than his competition in Low-A whatever we're calling it now (SALLY forever!) and these three swings from last night probably aren't even his best of the year https://twitter.com/...673662487212034

But I did have to laugh at this tumble he took https://twitter.com/...623456886341632

• You Play to Win the Game and BobPhelan like this
@NickStevensR on Twitter.
Follow BSL's Orioles Minor League podcast on Twitter @BSLOnTheVerge and follow us on Facebook and Instagram! Just search BSL On The Verge!

#63 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:52 AM

He's just 19, about 1.5 years younger than his competition in Low-A whatever we're calling it now (SALLY forever!) and these three swings from last night probably aren't even his best of the year https://twitter.com/...673662487212034

But I did have to laugh at this tumble he took https://twitter.com/...623456886341632

I love seeing a young hitter using the opposite field.

• BSLChrisStoner and Il BuonO like this
@mikeghg

#64 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:27 AM

He's just 19, about 1.5 years younger than his competition in Low-A whatever we're calling it now (SALLY forever!) and these three swings from last night probably aren't even his best of the year https://twitter.com/...673662487212034

But I did have to laugh at this tumble he took https://twitter.com/...623456886341632

Gotta watch out for those snipers on the baseball field.

#65 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:54 AM

What a beautiful swing. 

That tumble play is so ridiculous lol, wild play.

• BobPhelan likes this

#66 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:57 AM

Hopefully Gunnar moves quickly like Manny. He looks the part. How's his defense?

#67 NickStevens

NickStevens

HOF

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:44 PM

Hopefully Gunnar moves quickly like Manny. He looks the part. How's his defense?

Hasn't really been challenged a lot so far, so can't say much beyond he's making the routine plays. There was one play last night where he missed a throw after charging in on a ball. Not a routine play, but one you would like to have seen him make. But off the top of my head, that might have been the first real "tough" play he had to make.

• You Play to Win the Game and BobPhelan like this
Follow BSL's Orioles Minor League podcast on Twitter @BSLOnTheVerge and follow us on Facebook and Instagram! Just search BSL On The Verge!

#68 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:21 PM

Gotta watch out for those snipers on the baseball field.

They have gotten all of us at one time or another.  :-P

@mikeghg

#69 Il BuonO

Il BuonO

Opposite Field Power

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 15 May 2021 - 06:25 AM

I love seeing a young hitter using the opposite field.

Ditto. I especially liked the one he drove into the gap on the play when he took the fall.

#70 NickStevens

NickStevens

HOF

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 07:23 AM

Went 1/4 last night with an RBI, but 2 of his outs fell a combined 5 feet short of two home runs. I have also enjoyed watching him, despite being a 19 year kid with just a handful of full-season affiliate games under his belt, chirping with the umpires about the strike zone. He doesn't lack confidence, that's for sure. 

• BobPhelan likes this

#71 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 May 2021 - 10:14 AM

The O’s need some players with personality. Feel like that’s been missing the last few years.

#72 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 15 May 2021 - 11:27 AM

The O’s need some players with personality. Feel like that’s been missing the last few years.

...wait....Hanser Alberto doesn't have enough personality for you? ...or you want bat flips.

#73 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 May 2021 - 11:55 AM

...wait....Hanser Alberto doesn't have enough personality for you? ...or you want bat flips.

He did. But he’s gone. It was nice having Jones, Manny, Schoop, etc.

I just want to win but in a perfect world I want a nice mix of styles and personality.
  • Mike B, dude and BSLRoseKatz like this

#74 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:08 PM

3 hits again yesterday, gotta love it.

It must have been great for him to be in Bowie last year. Even AAAA guys can challenge you so much more than your typical low A pitcher, and he also got to face guys like Hall and Grayson. I'm sure it didn't replace playing in 120 games, but at least it wasn't a lost year for everybody.

• BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan and Mackus like this

#75 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:19 PM

3 hits again yesterday, gotta love it.

It must have been great for him to be in Bowie last year. Even AAAA guys can challenge you so much more than your typical low A pitcher, and he also got to face guys like Hall and Grayson. I'm sure it didn't replace playing in 120 games, but at least it wasn't a lost year for everybody.

Yeah this will be an interesting thing to track and, more telling for us on the outside, see if any teams start doing things a little differently with advanced prospects.

#76 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 06:43 PM

Has already bombed his 5th HR and 19th RBI tonight.

#77 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 May 2021 - 08:41 PM

Has already bombed his 5th HR and 19th RBI tonight.

Sone one give him directions to Aberdeen 

@mikeghg

#78 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 May 2021 - 10:29 PM

If they could just kindly put all the top prospects on one team, put their games on MASN instead, I'm sure the ratings would greatly improve. So over the Orioles.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#79 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:34 PM

3 more hits and 5 more RBI tonight. Oh, only the 6th so a chance to do more damage.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#80 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:53 PM

I mean it's absurd at this point. You need to challenge the kid and it's starting to feel like not just a hot start to me. Really, there's no indication that's the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=