Photo

2019 Baltimore Metro Football (General Talk)

• Please log in to reply
736 replies to this topic

#41 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:18 AM

Nice article. Well done. I appreciate that you separated the Private and Public. I wish The Sun did the same for the polls.

Thanks, GDEF! I appreciate it.

@aka_themamba

#42 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:06 AM

BSL: 2019 Baltimore Metro High School Football Previews (Part 2: The Private Schools)
https://www.baltimor...rivate-schools/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@aka_themamba

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:51 AM

BSL: 2019 Baltimore Metro High School Football Previews (Part 2: The Private Schools)
https://www.baltimor...rivate-schools/

As a Terps fan, I'm hoping Locksley can begin to tap into St. Frances. 

Is Poggi receptive to Maryland? 

Re: Gilman / McDonogh...  know things go in cycles, but it's really surprising to me with their facilities, their alumni / interest...  that they are this down.  You'd think with basic competence, they'd each be a lock to be a Top 15 local program at minimum. 

Looks like Loyola is back on the upswing, good for them.

#44 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:54 AM

BSL: 2019 Baltimore Metro High School Football Previews (Part 1: MPSSSAA)

https://www.baltimor...viewing-mpssaa/

This was great comprehensive work.  Gave me a better understanding of the Metro. 

• BSLWillieSeanCoughlan likes this

#45 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:14 AM

As a Terps fan, I'm hoping Locksley can begin to tap into St. Frances.

Is Poggi receptive to Maryland?

Re: Gilman / McDonogh... know things go in cycles, but it's really surprising to me with their facilities, their alumni / interest... that they are this down. You'd think with basic competence, they'd each be a lock to be a Top 15 local program at minimum.

Looks like Loyola is back on the upswing, good for them.

Though both may be down, McDonogh would be among the top 6-7 in the area, with SFA, MSJ, Spalding, CHC, and Franklin. Gilman has just been outmatched talent-wise relative to its opponents, since the exodus, as shown in their results.

@aka_themamba

#46 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:17 AM

Though both may be down, McDonogh would be among the top 6-7 in the area, with SFA, MSJ, Spalding, CHC, and Franklin. Gilman has just been outmatched talent-wise relative to its opponents, since the exodus, as shown in their results.

Ahh, interesting.  Saw The Sun didn't have McDonogh in their Top 15....   You having them Top 7 seems more realistic to me.  

#47 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:50 AM

*Edit (among others?) Dunbar lost to Douglass PG in semifinals, not regional final.
@aka_themamba

#48 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:19 PM

I’m willing to argue C Hall has the best back in the DMV I don’t know what Donald’s doing far as his recruiting but if I put him at SF or Dematha he puts up the same numbers as their highly recruited backs

#49 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:41 PM

I’m willing to argue C Hall has the best back in the DMV I don’t know what Donald’s doing far as his recruiting but if I put him at SF or Dematha he puts up the same numbers as their highly recruited backs

I am biased but Wax for my money...Tucker is outstanding though

#50 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:39 PM

I am biased but Wax for my money...Tucker is outstanding though

Wax legit I just he’s a kid playing RB but not a natural back like Tucker

#51 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:07 PM

I don’t think Tucker is better than Lloyd, but do believe he’s better than Corum. I like Wax as well, but I don’t put him on their level at RB. You

#52 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:08 PM

I don’t know Corum is dam stud, but I don’t know if it’s because of where he plays. Didn’t see him at Pallotti but he looks real good at SFA. Very smooth runner an thick. Lloyd needs to be more consistent IMO. Tucker is good but when he needs to be main focus he fades. Wax never comes off the field so not sure what he’d do if played only RB as the others. I was told Davis an Schmidt said he was the best LB in the state last year an that was his first year playing there I think. Regardless these four are some of the best the east coast has to offer. Also who the heck is the grown ass man posing as a soph playing wr for SFA. He is impressive, is he a local kid?

#53 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:21 PM

That kids a stud and no he’s not from the area

#54 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:41 PM

I don’t know Corum is dam stud, but I don’t know if it’s because of where he plays. Didn’t see him at Pallotti but he looks real good at SFA. Very smooth runner an thick. Lloyd needs to be more consistent IMO. Tucker is good but when he needs to be main focus he fades. Wax never comes off the field so not sure what he’d do if played only RB as the others. I was told Davis an Schmidt said he was the best LB in the state last year an that was his first year playing there I think. Regardless these four are some of the best the east coast has to offer. Also who the heck is the grown ass man posing as a soph playing wr for SFA. He is impressive, is he a local kid?

He’s from Atlanta. Kid is ridiculous.

A lot of people was calling Wax the best LB, but I told them all that he wasn’t better than Shane Lee. Lee is a man child and starting at Bama as a true frosh. That’s all that need to be said.

#55 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:47 PM

Morrissette turned heads at Pitt’s camp two years ago as an 8th grader, yet caught just 4 receptions for 22 yards for a 5-6 Marietta team last season as their fifth receiver.
@aka_themamba

#56 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:55 PM

He’s from Atlanta. Kid is ridiculous.

A lot of people was calling Wax the best LB, but I told them all that he wasn’t better than Shane Lee. Lee is a man child and starting at Bama as a true frosh. That’s all that need to be said.

To a certain extent I agree Lee is a beast. But who knows with these SFA kids, looked who he played behind an was on his left an right. Big A is a bust an haven’t seen one kid live up to the hype yet. I do think Lee will be the first. But I ask again how many times did Lee run the ball a game? To run the ball 20-25 times an play 60 snaps at lb, there’s something to say about that. The only kid I can think that did something like is the guard lb from Mcdonogh who played at Purdue maybe?

#57 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:56 PM

Morrissette turned heads at Pitt’s camp two years ago as an 8th grader, yet caught just 4 receptions for 22 yards for a 5-6 Marietta team last season as their fifth receiver.

An your point is?

#58 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:00 PM

An your point is?

What the hell are you asking? Has someone dug in into your feelings today? I wasn’t talking to you, champ.
@aka_themamba

#59 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:07 PM

What the hell are you asking? Has someone dug in into your feelings today? I wasn’t talking to you, champ.

I think my question was very clear, what’s your point? You just threw some random statement out, got a clue why don’t you quote the person your talking to. And I am talking to you “champ” 😘

#60 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:13 PM

I think my question was very clear, what’s your point? You just threw some random statement out, got a clue why don’t you quote the person your talking to. And I am talking to you “champ” 😘

You make no sense. There is nothing to decipher in my post, it’s fact. If that upsets you, that’s your problem. You are one of four posters above that didn’t quote anyone. Stay consistent.
@aka_themamba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=