Baltimore County Football

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#81 HY3:13

HY3:13
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:06 AM

Yes, they graduated a lot of talent last year, lost some key returnees to transfer, new coach, several injuries this year, it's a total re-build.

#82 Leve1sToThi5

Leve1sToThi5
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:04 PM

Yes, they graduated a lot of talent last year, lost some key returnees to transfer, new coach, several injuries this year, it's a total re-build.

Ok, was thinking that. Inquiring a little to see if Cville’s new coach has that program headed in the right direction

#83 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:28 AM

Is there any Division I talent in this senior class?

Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#84 HY3:13

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

Hey, Catonsville is 4-0 after a 1-9 2018 (I believe), so the answer to your question is an emphatic YES!!! He definitely has the program headed in the right direction. 

• ECF likes this

#85 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:36 AM

Seems like they are def headed in right direction.  Good for them.  I do have to say though, it's funny how the county always seems to help out the west side schools when they need to re-build, but never the east side schools.  Towson and Woodlawn struggling? No problem put them in the "developmental division"  Dulaney and Catonsville struggling? No problem give them a 4A/1A schedule.  Kenwood needed to re-build...know who they had to do it against? Franklin, Milford and Dundalk.  Chesapeake currently trying to re-build...hey have fun against Milford and New Town! 

#86 Leve1sToThi5

Leve1sToThi5
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

Seems like they are def headed in right direction. Good for them. I do have to say though, it's funny how the county always seems to help out the west side schools when they need to re-build, but never the east side schools. Towson and Woodlawn struggling? No problem put them in the "developmental division" Dulaney and Catonsville struggling? No problem give them a 4A/1A schedule. Kenwood needed to re-build...know who they had to do it against? Franklin, Milford and Dundalk. Chesapeake currently trying to re-build...hey have fun against Milford and New Town!

Seems to be that way, only 4A schools on Cville’s schedule are Parkville, PH, and Dulaney I believe, coupled with some Howard county schools

#87 Leve1sToThi5

Leve1sToThi5
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

Hey, Catonsville is 4-0 after a 1-9 2018 (I believe), so the answer to your question is an emphatic YES!!! He definitely has the program headed in the right direction.

1-9 in 17’ and 18’ I believe...

#88 HY3:13

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:52 AM

Parkville, PH and Dulaney are the only other 4A schools in the county. I agree that Towson (not sure I'd consider them West Side) and Woodlawn were gifted weak schedules to help them re-build but Patapsco was also given that same opportunity. Im on the fence with whether or not the benefits outweigh the negatives there. I think unfortunately that we are headed toward some schools that will be unable to field JV teams which will really prevent the ability to rebuild or rejuvenate a program. Towson and Woodlawn have benefited from the weaker schedule but both schools also brought in brand new coaching staffs that busted their butts and are building something that kids want to be a part of. I think kids nowadays would rather transfer to an established program than consider being part of the foundation of a rebuilding one. Coaching hire is critical.

#89 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:26 AM

I do consider Towson West because their kids have been on the West Team for the county all star game every year.  Yes Patapsco was included in that gifted schedule, which also made no sense.  As it is right now, there are a few county teams that don't have a JV, and that trend will likely continue.  And I really don't see where a new coaching staff and the need to re-build means they should be given a soft schedule for a couple years.  Ask Kenwood coach about re-building...I was around during that first season when Perry Hall, Milford and Franklin hung 60+ on them, back-to-back-to-back.  As a matter of fact, I also remember Franklin putting like 2 or 3 kids out the game on blindside blocks.  1 of those kids was a friend of mine son, he was hospitalized and missed some school time too.   

#90 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:27 AM

Oh and Dundalk put 50 on them week 1!

#91 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:04 AM

Seems like they are def headed in right direction.  Good for them.  I do have to say though, it's funny how the county always seems to help out the west side schools when they need to re-build, but never the east side schools.  Towson and Woodlawn struggling? No problem put them in the "developmental division"  Dulaney and Catonsville struggling? No problem give them a 4A/1A schedule.  Kenwood needed to re-build...know who they had to do it against? Franklin, Milford and Dundalk.  Chesapeake currently trying to re-build...hey have fun against Milford and New Town! 

Not true at all Sparrows Point, Patapsco, Dundalk played rigged schedules for years.  The westside schools were always battling it out.  Look at the schedules.

#92 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:10 AM

So you're saying that Woodlawn and Towson didn't get put in the Developmental Division for 17 and 18?  And you're saying that Dulaney and Catonsville are not playing the 1A's this year and next?  I know Patapsco was also in that developmental division, and I also know that they played a totally rigged schedule in 15 when they went 9-1 and didn't make the playoffs.  So I'll give you that, in that case an East side team did get helped out.  My point (that I have been stressing for years now, going back to the old Balt Sun forum) is that these rigged divisions/schedules are a terrible thing, regardless of East or West.  Just my humble opinion (which means nothing) stay with the 4A/3A and 2A/1A divisions OR Do 3 divisions based SOLELY on enrollment.   

• ECF likes this

#93 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:51 AM

So you're saying that Woodlawn and Towson didn't get put in the Developmental Division for 17 and 18?  And you're saying that Dulaney and Catonsville are not playing the 1A's this year and next?  I know Patapsco was also in that developmental division, and I also know that they played a totally rigged schedule in 15 when they went 9-1 and didn't make the playoffs.  So I'll give you that, in that case an East side team did get helped out.  My point (that I have been stressing for years now, going back to the old Balt Sun forum) is that these rigged divisions/schedules are a terrible thing, regardless of East or West.  Just my humble opinion (which means nothing) stay with the 4A/3A and 2A/1A divisions OR Do 3 divisions based SOLELY on enrollment.   

I can go all the way back to the 90's...Just look at the schedules...I have never been a fan of rigged schedules, because it does very little to raise the level of competition and improve the league overall.  The sink or swim concept seems harsh, but usually the weaker schools will find a way to become competitive.  Hereford is a good example.

#94 HY3:13

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:23 PM

I think in a round about way we're all agreeing that the developmental league is Not fair and not the answer. Saint Bull I was not saying that Towson and Woodlawn were placed in those divisions because they had new coaches, I was saying that the new coaches were greatly responsible for their programs resurrection, but the timing of the weak schedule definitely contributed. Im all for scheduling based solely off of enrollment. The developmemtal division is just another example of people claiming that life is too harsh and they need a handout.

#95 Scoutbmore

Scoutbmore
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 11:55 AM

I think in a round about way we're all agreeing that the developmental league is Not fair and not the answer. Saint Bull I was not saying that Towson and Woodlawn were placed in those divisions because they had new coaches, I was saying that the new coaches were greatly responsible for their programs resurrection, but the timing of the weak schedule definitely contributed. Im all for scheduling based solely off of enrollment. The developmemtal division is just another example of people claiming that life is too harsh and they need a handout.

Fill me in on the resurrection of Woodlawn? No playoffs with the new Coaching Staff and pretty much posted the same record as the coaches before the new one. 

#96 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:46 PM

I was thinking the same exact thing, Towson too. But I figured I had already ruffled enough feathers.

#97 HY3:13

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 09:40 AM

Resurrection in the sense that they have decent #s and they are competitive. Neither team is a playoff caliber team under the old format but they are better off than they were under their former coaching staffs....that's it. Both will likely get wake-up calls in the new watered down playoffs.

#98 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 09:40 AM

Dundalk over Woodlawn 21-16.

New Town beat up Sparrows Point 33-0.
Franklin beat Kenwood 41-6.
Randallstown beat Loch Raven 22-7.
Parkville beat Catonsville 34-14.
Hereford 56-26 over Owings Mills.