211 replies to this topic

#61 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:29 AM

NT is a rising program

Their Achilles heel will be the man that runs the program...

• Genius Movement likes this

East

Coast

Fan

#62 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:17 AM

Care to elaborate?

#63 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:06 PM

#64 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:07 PM

If hes the Achilles heel, why are they improving. If a program is continually improving he must be doing something right. I dont know the man. I just believe in giving credit where credit is due

#65 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:21 AM

If hes the Achilles heel, why are they improving. If a program is continually improving he must be doing something right. I dont know the man. I just believe in giving credit where credit is due

Dont get me wrong I like coach Savage. But, the REC LEAGUE antics has no place on the HS level. 

East

Coast

Fan

#66 Scoutbmore

Scoutbmore
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:44 AM

I was at the Milford vs NewTown game. Milford Mill moved the ball at will, but was negated by an insane amount of penalties. NT had no answer for Milford's Qb and run game. NT Qb was sacked double digit times by Milford's defense, and I think it's safe to say that NT had less than 20 yds rushing for the night. It was clear who was the better team, but the refs, not Milford won the game because they have people that wasn't at the game thinking that the 14-12 score is an indication of the two programs being close to equal when they are not. 

With that being said, NewTown has most certainly improved from recent years. The personnel looks way more athletic and stronger, the numbers in participation can rival with any program in the area, and it clearly seems as if the fan base believes in whats going on there. If NT can keep up this momentum, and come out on the winning side of the Big Games from time to time, then they will  continue to rise as a program and hopefully soon become one of Baltimore's finest. 

• BSLChrisStoner and ECF like this

#67 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:05 AM

I can't speak on NT or MM, but as far as REC LEAGUE antics go, I def saw and heard some rec coaches cussing out 10 year olds this past weekend.  Sad man.  I realize this has nothing to do with BaltCo HS football. 

#68 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:20 AM

I can't speak on NT or MM, but as far as REC LEAGUE antics go, I def saw and heard some rec coaches cussing out 10 year olds this past weekend.  Sad man.  I realize this has nothing to do with BaltCo HS football. 

Definitely sad. 10 year olds?  Parents shouldn't be putting up with that. 

#69 Operations

Operations
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

Baltimore County's football reputation took a big hit this past weekend as bellwether Franklin was squashed by McDonogh and their supposed challenger Dundalk was shut out by Concordia Prep of the MIAA B Conference. Concordia  just moved up to the B Conference this year from the now defunct C Conference. Also, traditional powers Hereford and Perry Hall are down this year and Eastern Tech has already lost to Owings Mills. All in all, this shapes up as one of the worst seasons for Baltimore County football in a very long time.

It looks like the Franklin-Milford Mill game in a few weeks will decide who is the top team in the County. These two teams are in different divisions this year.

• ECF likes this

#70 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:56 AM

I was at the Milford vs NewTown game. Milford Mill moved the ball at will, but was negated by an insane amount of penalties. NT had no answer for Milford's Qb and run game. NT Qb was sacked double digit times by Milford's defense, and I think it's safe to say that NT had less than 20 yds rushing for the night. It was clear who was the better team, but the refs, not Milford won the game because they have people that wasn't at the game thinking that the 14-12 score is an indication of the two programs being close to equal when they are not. 

With that being said, NewTown has most certainly improved from recent years. The personnel looks way more athletic and stronger, the numbers in participation can rival with any program in the area, and it clearly seems as if the fan base believes in whats going on there. If NT can keep up this momentum, and come out on the winning side of the Big Games from time to time, then they will  continue to rise as a program and hopefully soon become one of Baltimore's finest. 

I was at the game as well.  Milford accumulated over 100 yards in holding penalties.  Ive NEVER seen anything like that from an officiating crew.  Looked like a typical week one by two programs who traditionally start slow.  New Town has always been a legit program from the beginning.  Look at the records.  They went .500 the very first season, and went to the regional championship in season two.  They have had a few down years, but not many..  They have sent a player to the NFL, and have a stud DE who plays for Temple  #90 Roche, who is on many NFL radar screens.  They also made it to a state championship in less time than many county programs.  Back to the Milford game...those officials were really outrageous.   Technically, you can call holding on damn near every down in HS football, but they were making calls away from the ball...New Town has two D Linemen...44 and 55..they are in my opinion mid level D1 prospects.

Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#71 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:02 AM

Baltimore County's football reputation took a big hit this past weekend as bellwether Franklin was squashed by McDonogh and their supposed challenger Dundalk was shut out by Concordia Prep of the MIAA B Conference. Concordia  just moved up to the B Conference this year from the now defunct C Conference. Also, traditional powers Hereford and Perry Hall are down this year and Eastern Tech has already lost to Owings Mills. All in all, this shapes up as one of the worst seasons for Baltimore County football in a very long time.

It looks like the Franklin-Milford Mill game in a few weeks will decide who is the top team in the County. These two teams are in different divisions this year.

Dont know if you can still consider Hereford a power.  They have been very average for a while now.  Next season may be a better than average one for them however.  Franklin is still a legit state title contender, and so is Milford.  Have not seen Dundalk.

#72 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:18 AM

Dont get me wrong I like coach Savage. But, the REC LEAGUE antics has no place on the HS level. 

I saw some sort of minor physical confrontation involving the NT coach prior to the Milford game..Nothing serious.  

#73 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:26 AM

I saw some sort of minor physical confrontation involving the NT coach prior to the Milford game..Nothing serious.  

Thats been brewing for a year... And I hear someone got spit on, but no one can confirm. 

East

Coast

Fan

#74 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:42 AM

I was at the game as well. Milford accumulated over 100 yards in holding penalties. Ive NEVER seen anything like that from an officiating crew. Looked like a typical week one by two programs who traditionally start slow. New Town has always been a legit program from the beginning. Look at the records. They went .500 the very first season, and went to the regional championship in season two. They have had a few down years, but not many.. They have sent a player to the NFL, and have a stud DE who plays for Temple #90 Roche, who is on many NFL radar screens. They also made it to a state championship in less time than many county programs. Back to the Milford game...those officials were really outrageous. Technically, you can call holding on damn near every down in HS football, but they were making calls away from the ball...New Town has two D Linemen...44 and 55..they are in my opinion mid level D1 prospects.

Absolutely I remember New Town when they had that very good quarterback and made state championship runs. They’ve always had a very solid program they may have had a down year here or there but that’s to be expected in public school football. I have to say after being at a few Baltimore area games this year the officiating is god awful this year.

#75 HY3:13

HY3:13
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:00 AM

Officiating has been poor in Baltimore for many years. Part of the issue now is that they cannot get any new blood into the profession and their ranks are depleted. Not sure why anyone would get into that gig now either, with stories of refs being followed/attacked after games in many sports and at every level, including youth.

#76 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:23 PM

Officiating has been poor in Baltimore for many years. Part of the issue now is that they cannot get any new blood into the profession and their ranks are depleted. Not sure why anyone would get into that gig now either, with stories of refs being followed/attacked after games in many sports and at every level, including youth.

Hope thats not the case...smh

#77 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:27 AM

Catonsville 35-0 over Western Tech
Owings Mills 20-12 over Overlea
Randallstown 12-6 over Woodlawn
Milford Mill 27-14 over Eastern Tech