Baltimore County Football

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#1 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:58 PM

Its about that time !!!  Same three programs again?

Dundalk

Franklin

Milford

Add New Town to the mix this year.

Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#2 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:56 PM

Same three but I think Perry Hall. NT has to deal with a tougher division with MM down there now.

#3 Scoutbmore

Scoutbmore
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:16 AM

oldballcoach, I'm curious to why you think Perry Hall will be one of the tops in Bmore County. 

Newtown is not on the same level with Milford Mill in Football. That game will be a total mismatch week 1. 

• No hard feelings likes this

#4 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:22 PM

I like the new HC at PH. He did a great job won a stat title at McDonough down here in Charles Co or lost in the finals I believe. Think he could have a similar effect.

#5 aTribeCalledFSU

aTribeCalledFSU
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:12 AM

It's all about Franklin. They've elevated themselves to a different level this offseason.

#6 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:14 AM

I like the new HC at PH. He did a great job won a stat title at McDonough down here in Charles Co or lost in the finals I believe. Think he could have a similar effect.

Have heard nothing but great things about the new HC...however, PH lost almost everything.  The young RB/LB #9 is good, and I have heard that the Gasque kid was reclassifying, but don't think they have enough to be a top team in BaltCo 2019.  

#7 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:24 AM

1. Franklin

2. Milford 

3. Woodlawn 

4. New Town 

Season openers for all 4 will be interesting games.

Franklin at St.Anthony's (NY)

New Town at Milford 

Long Reach at Woodlawn

East

Coast

Fan

#8 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:43 AM

Have heard nothing but great things about the new HC...however, PH lost almost everything. The young RB/LB #9 is good, and I have heard that the Gasque kid was reclassifying, but don't think they have enough to be a top team in BaltCo 2019.

Great info.

Saw NT play last year just don’t think they can hang with the top teams. Woodlawn definitely a sleeper they could make noise this year.

#9 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:28 AM

Great info.

Saw NT play last year just don’t think they can hang with the top teams. Woodlawn definitely a sleeper they could make noise this year.

NT has a easy schedule. Looks like MMA and Edgewood are their toughest opponents 

East

Coast

Fan

#10 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:33 AM

NT v Edgewood, that's interesting.  My money would be on New Town with Edgewood losing the Banks boys and rumors of coaching changes.  Eastern Tech and Hereford will test them, but NT could be a 1-2 loss team.  

#11 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:34 AM

That’s actually who I saw them play last year was eastern tech in the playoffs. Went with a buddy to watch the game.

#12 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:21 AM

New Towns new coaching staff seems to be putting in a lot of work with the kids.  I see the players on their own time working pretty hard.

Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#13 Scoutbmore

Scoutbmore
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:51 AM

oldballcoach, technically everyone is a sleeper next season because the playoffs has been expanded and 8 teams get in instead of 4. With Milford Mill leaving 3 A, Woodlawn still will not get past Franklin or Dundalk which means they will probably be a lower seed in the playoffs.  

#14 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:23 PM

oldballcoach, technically everyone is a sleeper next season because the playoffs has been expanded and 8 teams get in instead of 4. With Milford Mill leaving 3 A, Woodlawn still will not get past Franklin or Dundalk which means they will probably be a lower seed in the playoffs.

Very true with the new format.

Agree think Franklin has to be the hands down favorite. MM should run thru 2A with ease

#15 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:40 PM

MM will roll through that 2A division.  With the 8 team playoff now, 3A North will be interesting.  How many of the 7 BaltCo teams in 3A North will get in?

#16 Scoutbmore

Scoutbmore
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:21 AM

SaintBull, I think that Balto County can get 5 teams into the 3A playoffs. Franklin, Dundalk, then Woodlawn, Kenwood, and Towson finally gets in thanks to the new Playoff format. 

#17 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:52 AM

I could see that...and my apologies it's 6 BaltCo teams in 3A North, not 7

So if those 5 get in, who are the other 3?  I would say Mervo for sure but other than that IDK

#18 Scoutbmore

Scoutbmore
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:26 AM

Definitely, Mervo. I I had to guess the other 2, I'm thinking Belair and Edgewood from Harford County.  

#19 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:49 AM

Looking at the 2A North, there are only 3 non-BaltCo teams.  So AT LEAST 5 from 2A North will get in!  That is great for Baltimore County!  I know a lot of people don't like the expanded playoffs but I personally think it's great.

#20 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:08 AM

Looking at the 2A North, there are only 3 non-BaltCo teams. So AT LEAST 5 from 2A North will get in! That is great for Baltimore County! I know a lot of people don't like the expanded playoffs but I personally think it's great.

Agree I think more teams it is better.

Just about all the other sports already have playoff format said include most if not all teams in the playoff system regardless of record. I think it’s time football expanded a little.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=