US - Spain coming up in 20 minutes. Here's the key's for the ladies to move on.
1. Patience, Patience, And more Patience. Don't get caught up in chasing Spain when they play their possession game. Let Spain run around and make there little short triangle passes. Keep them wide and don't chase them in the middle. Sooner or later they will make a bad touch then go fast and hard.
2. When we have the ball run at them hard. There will be space on the wings so use it with Rapinoe and Heath. Throw balls into the box and put the heat on them.
3. When the ball is in Spain's defensive third play a hard high press. Try and get the ball right back.
4. Spain is not good at scoring. They only scored three goals in their three matches. All three of those in the first game and two of those were on penalties. This goes back to #1 above. Spain will try and use their little passes to get inside the area then do little fancy footwork and try and draw penalties. Don't fall for that nonsense. Just keep your structure and head on.
5. Key players today will be Mewis and Ertz. Moran is not starting as she's on a yellow. But Julie and Sam can put tons of heat on the Spanish midfield. Get the ball and get it wide.
Prediction: The ATM is too much for Spain and we move on. Looking at something in the realm of 2-0 or 3-1.
Rapinoe has been all over everything so far, but as I type this Ertz missed and got underneath one. Spain had a defender throw her whole body at saving a goal earlier too.
Looks like US is settling down now though, keeping the ball in Spain's end now. Dunn just looked AWFUL back in her own end, looked so lazy just kicking to the goalie with a striker right in their face, and then didn't hustle to get the return pass and let it get stolen back.