• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#41 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:44 AM

It's possible, but he is hiring a lawyer and will be petitioning the NCAA. 

Ahh. Well that contradicts the other part of Feldman's report that he would not be petitioning. 

#42 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:22 PM

Hurts chooses Oklahoma.

https://www.theplaye...ank-you-alabama

@BSLZackKiesel

#43 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

Shocked!

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this

#44 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

Good fit for him.  Would be pretty awesome if OU made the playoff next year and faced Alabama...

#45 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

Win a Heisman and be a 1st Round NFL pick

-or-

Tear an ACL

Not really a difficult choice.

• DJ MC likes this

#46 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:07 PM

Austin Kendall is headed to WVU.

That about does it for QB's currently in the transfer portal who would likely be able to play immediately. The only other one of note I see is Ross Bowers from Cal, but I don't see where he'd have any ties to anyone projected to be on the staff.

#47 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:09 PM

Can't blame Hurts.  The only reason Maryland was on his radar was the ties to Locksley.  At the end of the day, he really had no decision to make.  I am sure he likes Locks but OU, could be in the playoff round again next year, if they can fix the defense.

@mikeghg

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:55 PM

Land Grant Holy Land: Keandre Jones set to transfer from Ohio State, per report
https://www.landgran...basketball-witn

#49 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

Wonder if he'd be looking to leave if Haskins was sticking around another year? No matter, I'd still take him. Someone will need to fill Watson's shoes, he'd be nice to have in that mix.

#50 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:48 AM

Virginia Tech QB Josh Jackson has entered his name into the transfer portal. He'd be eligible immediately as a graduate transfer, and would have 2 years of eligibility remaining. Missed most of 2018 with a broken leg.

@BSLZackKiesel

#51 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

Missed most of 2018 with a broken leg.

So he fits the primary criteria for Terps QB.

• BSLZackKiesel and DJ MC like this

#52 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:38 AM

Are we all down on Kasim Hill?  I think the knee contributed to his average/less than year last season.  Hopefully he can rebound and I am interested to see what Locksley can do with him.

#53 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:43 AM

Are we all down on Kasim Hill?  I think the knee contributed to his average/less than year last season.  Hopefully he can rebound and I am interested to see what Locksley can do with him.

He had a bad year, but I like his mentality and skill set. 

I think part of why he had a bad year, is that he spent all of last off-season getting healthy.  Not a lot of time for football growth. 

That's going to be an issue again this off-season, but I don't think there is an expectation that he will be ready for the start of the year either. 

I'm also a fan of Piggy.  Exciting athleticism. Decent arm.  Not a ton of accuracy. Mechanics can be hit or miss.  But I think he showed gains as a passer between Y1 & 2.   I think he has all the tools to be a very productive college QB.  He needs to say on the field though. 

Max B was a possible transfer, I think it's good he stayed. Ideally he wouldn't be a starter for you, but having him as depth for Piggy while we see if Hill can possibly get back early in '19 is a good thing. 

(If Hill can't be ready early in '19, have to think he's possibly looking at a medical RS year.)

#54 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:07 AM

Expectation around the program is that he's going to miss the entirety of this season with his most recent knee injury, so it's Piggy and Bortenschlager. Word is that Locksley has been hoping to add a transfer QB, someone to add experience and compete with Piggy for the starting job.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#55 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:09 AM

Expectation around the program is that he's going to miss the entirety of this season with his most recent knee injury, so it's Piggy and Bortenschlager. Word is that Locksley has been hoping to add a transfer QB, someone to add experience and compete with Piggy for the starting job.

Wow that sucks, thanks for the heads up.  Poor kid.

#56 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:52 AM

Hill was really bad, but I do think a lot of that was attributable to the injury.  He looked significantly better the year before, even if the sample size was very small.

I didn't think Pigrome looked nearly as explosive as a runner last year as he did prior to his injury, so hopefully some more time recovering and building strength back up will help with that.  I think he's a better thrower than he's given credit for but he needs that burst with his legs that I didn't see much of last year.

#57 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:05 PM

They pretty much have to add another QB. It's not ideal for any program to go into a season with just 3 healthy scholarship QBs....and for MD, who go through QBs like I go through golf balls at the water hazards, having just 3 QBs is just asking to have to convert a LB to get through the season.

I like Pigrome, but I don't think he's been good enough that he should just be anointed the 2019 starter without facing some sort of competition. He sure isn't getting it from Bortenschlager, and from what I saw of DeSue last season (which was admittedly very little) he looked nowhere close to being ready for meaningful snaps.

So with that said, Josh Jackson would be a nice addition. But I won't hold my breath that he'd want to play for MD.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:12 PM

They pretty much have to add another QB. It's not ideal for any program to go into a season with just 3 healthy scholarship QBs....and for MD, who go through QBs like I go through golf balls at the water hazards, having just 3 QBs is just asking to have to convert a LB to get through the season.

I like Pigrome, but I don't think he's been good enough that he should just be anointed the 2019 starter without facing some sort of competition. He sure isn't getting it from Bortenschlager, and from what I saw of DeSue last season (which was admittedly very little) he looked nowhere close to being ready for meaningful snaps.

So with that said, Josh Jackson would be a nice addition. But I won't hold my breath that he'd want to play for MD.

I think all of that is reasonable. 

More competition and depth would be a good thing. 

#59 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

having just 3 QBs is just asking to have to convert a LB to get through the season.

Pshh. Like THAT would ever happen.

@DJ_McCann

#60 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:05 PM

Sounds like Keandre Jones is going to transfer to MD. He was the LB who was committed to the Terps before the 2016 signing day, then flipped to Ohio St when Haskins did. Apparently the two are close, so Haskins leaving might have had something to do with his decision. Word is he will be eligible to play in 2019.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=