#21 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:11 AM

Testudo Times: Tyrrell Pigrome, Lorenzo Harrison among players who considered transferring from Maryland football

With all the turmoil that occurred within Maryland football over the past year, more than a dozen players considered transferring from the program, according to The Baltimore Sun’s Don Markus.

The most notable names entered in the portal were Tyrrell Pigrome and Lorenzo Harrison III.

Both players have since removed their name from the portal, along with five other players. According to Markus, quarterback Max Bortenschlager, wide receiver DJ Turner, defensive linemen Bryce Brand and Cam Spence and defensive back Rayshad Lewis all removed their names. No players who played “significant roles” last season put their names in the portal.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#22 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

Not surprised Pigrome considered transferring, even though he would appear to be the frontrunner to start next season's opener. Bet Walt Bell was the first one to contact him to come to UMass when Piggy's name popped up on the portal.

Wonder when Harrison put his name in there, as I'm pretty certain he originally committed to UM back while Locksley was still there.

And starting tomorrow, I would guess, the Terps will finally have a head football coach. Not as if they're way behind the rest of college football or anything like that when it comes to getting a coaching staff and players for 2019.

#23 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:45 PM

http://www.espn.com/...transfer-portal

#24 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:48 PM

http://www.espn.com/...transfer-portal

Ooooh yeah. That one might make me forget about the Haskins debacle. Do your thing Lox.

@JeremyMStrain

#25 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

Don't anyone hold their breath....he'll have far better choices than MD.

My money is on Florida. He would seem to fit well with Dan Mullen's offense, and they have what should be a very good returning team, and really only need a good QB to be Top 10 worthy.

#26 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

If things don't work out with Hurts, and with the Gattis news I'd think that just became more likely, Tate Martell (OSU) just put his name in the transfer portal.

#27 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:28 AM

If things don't work out with Hurts, and with the Gattis news I'd think that just became more likely, Tate Martell (OSU) just put his name in the transfer portal.

Everything I've heard still points to Hurts choosing Maryland. Locksley and Jones on board creates familiarity. Should know more after he visits this weekend.

EDIT: Sounds like he'll be at the basketball game on campus tonight.

@BSLZackKiesel

#28 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:13 PM

Everything I've heard still points to Hurts choosing Maryland. Locksley and Jones on board creates familiarity. Should know more after he visits this weekend.

EDIT: Sounds like he'll be at the basketball game on campus tonight.

If in fact he's still on campus this weekend, that's a good sign, considering he has little time to make a decision. Was concerned his interest in UM may have waned with the Gattis flip. 

#29 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:28 PM

It's behind a paywall, but the headline from the Miami rivals.com site says Hurts will be on campus Sunday.

https://miami.rivals...it-miami-sunday

EDIT: Reading a lot about how Enos really worked a lot with Hurts last season, even though he was just a backup, to expand his skills in the passing game, and that work was a big part in Hurts' ability to lead the comeback in the SEC title game. Wouldn't be surprised if his hire this morning just tilted the scales to Miami.

Might want to try and reach out to Martell and Wimbush to gauge their interest if they haven't yet. With it sounding like Hill will take a medical redshirt in 2019, they really do need another scholarship QB.

#30 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

Another prominent QB has put his name in the transfer portal. Oklahoma's Austin Kendall, who was expected to battle incoming freshman Spencer Rattler for the starting job this fall, is apparently exploring his options. He has already graduated, so he could transfer immediately and be eligible to participate in spring practice and play this fall (with 2 years eligibility left).

The new transfer system sure has had an immediate impact.

#31 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

Jalen Hurts will visit

http://www.espn.com/...iami-hurricanes

#32 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:39 PM

The scoreboard operator at Xfinity needs to have this queued up.

#33 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:19 PM

Hurts was at the game tonight with Locks. He would literally be the best QB in program history if he came here. Sad but true.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#34 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:37 PM

Hurts was at the game tonight with Locks. He would literally be the best QB in program history if he came here. Sad but true.

Better than Boomer?  I don't think so.

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

Better than Boomer?  I don't think so.

Or Neil O'Donnell, or Frank Reich... maybe better than Gelbaugh, Milanvocich, Zolak, S. Hill. 

Truthfully, his experience in Lox system (and playing experience overall) would give him a leg up...  but I do think Piggy would compete with him for time.

#36 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:36 PM

Tough to compare QBs from different eras given how the game has evolved. Especially in college.

In terms of winning % and accomplishments, the best MD QB ever might have been Jack Scarbath....and no, I am NOT old enough to have watched him play. But I do know he led the only undefeated season in modern UM football history (but they didn't win the national championship that year because votes were cast before bowl games), and he was the runner-up for the Heisman Trophy (best finish by a UM player). He was also the #3 overall pick in the NFL draft (Washington) but had and brief and undistinguished pro career.

#37 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:37 PM

Hurts apparently visited Oklahoma today, before headed to Miami tomorrow. Not sure which came first....his decision to go to Norman, or Austin Kendall's decision to enter the transfer portal.

#38 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:25 AM

With Tate Martell headed to Miami, Hurts is likely choosing between Maryland and Oklahoma.

@BSLZackKiesel

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

With Tate Martell headed to Miami, Hurts is likely choosing between Maryland and Oklahoma.

Feldman reported that Martell is likely to sit out 2019.

#40 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:19 AM

Feldman reported that Martell is likely to sit out 2019.

It's possible, but he is hiring a lawyer and will be petitioning the NCAA. 

@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=