2018 MIAA

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#221 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:01 PM

Dixon has done it since the ninth grade against top competition. But I don’t know if he is a Top Power 5 recruit, because he’s a tweener. If he bulks up, will be a great LB. Completely understand why the top schools haven’t offered. I can be objective and honest.

Down year would be an understatement. Talent wise, worst year I remember ever in the MIAA. I don’t know anything about the Bullis kid, only can speak on what I’ve seen.

Herbert has as well. 10 TDs last year. 10 this yeat despite not playing in 2 games. Dixon and Herbert are literally the same size. Dixon is a good player. Herbert is as well and he has faced top competition, same comp as Dixon. I’d say CHC has a great track record with kids playing at the FBS level.

#222 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:03 PM

Have to agree with GA. No way Herbert runs 4.5. Not even 4.9 I’d guess. He’s good athlete but when you watch him play against good DBs. He gets shut down. Watch MSJ. Watch Wise game. Difference with Bullis kid Shaw is that he is lightening fast. That’s why you see him returning punts and kicks. I know Turkey Bowl is CHC love fest these days but wasn’t MSJ beating Loyola 49-0 in first half. Shoot I think they had 3 different WRs score 2 TDs. I think kid is D1 football player at SS for FCS. I’d be shocked if he ever sees the field for Power 5 team. Not saying he won’t get offers but getting to those schools and seeing the field are 2 different things.

The Wise game he wasn’t shut down at all. Check out the highlights from last year. MSJ...QB was literally having his first start outside of Silver Oak. Herbert still had over 50 yards receiving.

#223 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:04 PM

I don’t think MIAA is as down as GA says but not having the powerful Gilman or now SFA in league definitely drops talent off. Those Gilman and SFA teams had 12+ FBS commits some years.

#224 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:05 PM

Have to agree with GA. No way Herbert runs 4.5. Not even 4.9 I’d guess. He’s good athlete but when you watch him play against good DBs. He gets shut down. Watch MSJ. Watch Wise game. Difference with Bullis kid Shaw is that he is lightening fast. That’s why you see him returning punts and kicks. I know Turkey Bowl is CHC love fest these days but wasn’t MSJ beating Loyola 49-0 in first half. Shoot I think they had 3 different WRs score 2 TDs. I think kid is D1 football player at SS for FCS. I’d be shocked if he ever sees the field for Power 5 team. Not saying he won’t get offers but getting to those schools and seeing the field are 2 different things.

Top defensive backs are you serious also in the MSJ game he had a first time staring quarterback playing and he’s in a run first offense so if he can’t plsy at that level Jabobs from McDonogh can’t either he’s slow as West bum fuck as well and he hit shutdown in the C Hall game until he caught a ball late foh you guys only see half truths I see it all let’s argue cause I got time today

#225 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:07 PM

The Wise game he wasn’t shut down at all. Check out the highlights from last year. MSJ...QB was literally having his first start outside of Silver Oak. Herbert still had over 50 yards receiving.

We will see and I wish kid the best. Don’t know him and heard he is pretty quiet humble kid. Just not a blazer and it’s hard to play WR for top schools with average speed.

#226 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

We will see and I wish kid the best. Don’t know him and heard he is pretty quiet humble kid. Just not a blazer and it’s hard to play WR for top schools with average speed.

That’s not true at all. Damon Hazelton is lighting it up at VaTech. 4.6 speed

#227 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:11 PM

Top defensive backs are you serious also in the MSJ game he had a first time staring quarterback playing and he’s in a run first offense so if he can’t plsy at that level Jabobs from McDonogh can’t either he’s slow as West bum fuck as well and he hit shutdown in the C Hall game until he caught a ball late foh you guys only see half truths I see it all let’s argue cause I got time today

Hard time following this statement but I think your saying Jacobs is also slow. Jacobs ran 4.9 at Nike Opening which is slow for WR but I think everyone recruiting Jacobs more as TE. He is huge kid.

#228 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:12 PM

That’s not true at all. Damon Hazelton is lighting it up at VaTech. 4.6 speed

4.6 is fast and don’t think CHC kid is anywhere close to 4.6 based off film and games I’ve seen. He doesn’t show up at Rivals or Nike so don’t have documented time for him anywhere.

#229 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:14 PM

I don’t think MIAA is as down as GA says but not having the powerful Gilman or now SFA in league definitely drops talent off. Those Gilman and SFA teams had 12+ FBS commits some years.

It wasn’t just Gilman. McD had multiple D1 players, Spalding had kids like Abbey, CHC had NFL caliber players and many D1’s, lowly SFA had multiple D1 players, MSJ had kids like Fuller. The MIAA was just on another level. Has been down more than ever this year.

#230 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:15 PM

Ok you gsve your opinion now here’s mine if Dixon was as good as you claim he is it would’ve showed up this year when he was the so called guy remember it’s easy to look good with big time talent around you but you find out who you really are when it’s not the goal isn’t big schools the goal is one school that fits a kids skill set you guys kill me in this town with that bs that kids better than your guy Dixon flat out

Put money that Dixon will be a much better college player than Herbert, if he chooses football!

#231 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:21 PM

GA. All those schools still have multiple D1 players in their graduating classes. MSJ has 2, McD has 4, CHC 2, Spalding 2/3, Gilman 2 in 2019 class but SFA has 10+ but don’t know exact number.

#232 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:21 PM

Put money that Dixon will be a much better college player than Herbert, if he chooses football!

Both good kids. I think Dixon is a SS at the Group of Five level. I don’t understand why you chose Dixon out the lot. Success is all about fit. Both will be successful if they find the right fit.

#233 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:22 PM

GA. All those schools still have multiple D1 players in their graduating classes. MSJ has 2, McD has 4, CHC 2, Spalding 2/3, Gilman 2 in 2019 class but SFA has 10+ but don’t know exact number.

Also Herbert is a junior. At the pace he is on...he will maybe have 30 receiving TDs in his HS career in a pro-style offense.

#234 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:24 PM

Also Herbert is a junior. At the pace he is on...he will maybe have 30 receiving TDs in his HS career in a pro-style offense.

I actually didn’t know Herbert was a Junior, that changes things.

#235 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:25 PM

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

#236 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:26 PM

Who are the four in the senior class at McD? I know of only the DL kid and I think Johnson has a Morgan offer, which isn’t a real D1.

#237 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:26 PM

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

One of my most famous sayings on the old board, lol!!

#238 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:28 PM

I actually didn’t know Herbert was a Junior, that changes things.

Tucker is a junior. Jenkins is a Soph. the other two RBs 27/26 are juniors, #14 WR is a junior. 4/5 OL were juniors or sophomores. They return 5of 6 top DBs, 2 of 3 LBs, and their second DL group were underclassmen.

#239 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:29 PM

Ha but I heard Herbert is reclass and almost 18 already. Another Blake Corum, etc. probably not gonna grow much more vs the 16 year old junior

#240 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:29 PM

Who are the four in the senior class at McD? I know of only the DL kid and I think Johnson has a Morgan offer, which isn’t a real D1.

Morgan State isn’t a real D1...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=