2018 MIAA

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#201 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:03 PM

Great ending to a season for CHC. 6-4 is respectable for Loyola. One year countdown to 100 and the oldest catholic hs rivalry in the country.

#202 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:21 PM

Guru I know your an alumnus of C Hall so I have a question how big of a deal is that 12 1 record

It’s never been done before so It’s a huge deal. They’ve won 9 ou to 10 to get within 7 games of tying the series record. Alumni were pumped up on IG & Twitter about this game. Anytime CHC beats Loyola is a good day.
  • bleedingorangeandblack likes this

#203 Murphy1

Murphy1
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 08:00 AM

Anybody who say Herbert isn’t D1 is on drugs

Yeah he's pretty good. Not fast enough? Either are Thielan, Cupp, Beasely, Hogan (laxer). 

#204 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 08:14 AM

Yeah he's pretty good. Not fast enough? Either are Thielan, Cupp, Beasely, Hogan (laxer).

Or Crabtree, Snead, etc...👀

#205 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 09:24 AM

Or Crabtree, Snead, etc...👀

He was timed at 4.55/40 as a freshmen while at a Pitt Camp. 6’3, 205 with 4.5/4.6 speed is plenty for a WR with strong hands and great size. Also can be converted to safety and such. Also...he doesn’t do speed training cause lax.

#206 Rm7

Rm7
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 09:35 AM

Only thing that matters if a college thinks he's a scholarship player. 

#207 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 09:48 AM

Yea unfortunately that is true had kids who had no business playing D1 for whatever reason get a shot because they ran a 40

#208 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:16 AM

Only thing that matters if a college thinks he's a scholarship player.

Obviously Rutgers does.

#209 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:23 AM

Obviously Rutgers does.

Isnt this kid a Lacrosse first player who already committed to UNC?

#210 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:49 AM

Kid is a student athlete who committed to UNC as an 8th trader for LAX and is an All American who is now picking up Power 5 football offers. Bryson Shaw at Bullis was in a similar situation this year.

#211 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:50 AM

Obviously Rutgers does.

And look at Rutgers...

East

Coast

Fan

#212 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:55 AM

And look at Rutgers...

Power 5 offer. Rutgers issues aren’t around talent.

#213 Rm7

Rm7
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:01 AM

Obviously Rutgers does.

Yup so there's the answer

#214 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:08 AM

Lacrosse goes out the window if football offers come I heard that from a source close to the family

#215 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:30 AM

[ name="Gooch" post="781928" timestamp="1542989302"]Lacrosse goes out the window if football offers come I heard that from a source close to the family[/quote]

And you think he will be a factor in D-1 football? A lot of kids get offers. I see that the kid had a very good year, but I’ve seen him play multiple times over the years and I wasn’t overly impressed. I personally believe that the MIAA was so watered down this year, a lot of kids had big years that was more a smoke screen than anything else. The Tucker kid on CHC is special, and I like the DL kid. These are the only two kids I saw on that team who’s abilities translate to previous MIAA years.

Gilman was a B conference team at best, Loyola B conference team at best, MSJ super young, Spalding mediocre, McD bottom A conference team. Where was the talent? Where was the competition?

#216 Rm7

Rm7
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:31 AM

Lacrosse goes out the window if football offers come I heard that from a source close to the family

I would guess so what does a college lacrosse team carry 40+ players and they only have 12 scholarships.  Not hard to make that decision. 

#217 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

GA please stop man with that down league crap cause I don’t see a difference in this kid than the kid that’s going to OSU from Bullis now if Dixon were in this convo you would be singing a different tune

#218 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 12:48 PM

GA please stop man with that down league crap cause I don’t see a difference in this kid than the kid that’s going to OSU from Bullis now if Dixon were in this convo you would be singing a different tune

Dixon has done it since the ninth grade against top competition. But I don’t know if he is a Top Power 5 recruit, because he’s a tweener. If he bulks up, will be a great LB. Completely understand why the top schools haven’t offered. I can be objective and honest.

Down year would be an understatement. Talent wise, worst year I remember ever in the MIAA. I don’t know anything about the Bullis kid, only can speak on what I’ve seen.

#219 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 12:58 PM

Dixon has done it since the ninth grade against top competition. But I don’t know if he is a Top Power 5 recruit, because he’s a tweener. If he bulks up, will be a great LB. Completely understand why the top schools haven’t offered. I can be objective and honest.

Down year would be an understatement. Talent wise, worst year I remember ever in the MIAA. I don’t know anything about the Bullis kid, only can speak on what I’ve seen.

Ok you gsve your opinion now here’s mine if Dixon was as good as you claim he is it would’ve showed up this year when he was the so called guy remember it’s easy to look good with big time talent around you but you find out who you really are when it’s not the goal isn’t big schools the goal is one school that fits a kids skill set you guys kill me in this town with that bs that kids better than your guy Dixon flat out

#220 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:00 PM

Have to agree with GA. No way Herbert runs 4.5. Not even 4.9 I’d guess. He’s good athlete but when you watch him play against good DBs. He gets shut down. Watch MSJ. Watch Wise game. Difference with Bullis kid Shaw is that he is lightening fast. That’s why you see him returning punts and kicks. I know Turkey Bowl is CHC love fest these days but wasn’t MSJ beating Loyola 49-0 in first half. Shoot I think they had 3 different WRs score 2 TDs. I think kid is D1 football player at SS for FCS. I’d be shocked if he ever sees the field for Power 5 team. Not saying he won’t get offers but getting to those schools and seeing the field are 2 different things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=