https://www.nytimes....e-lacrosse.html

• DuffMan likes this

#62 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:01 PM

UMBC and Marist get the opening round started this evening at 7pm. Game can be streamed at the link below. Winner gets Penn State this weekend.

http://www.espn.com/...t-opening-round
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#63 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:35 PM

BSL: 2019 Men’s Lacrosse: D1 Tournament First Round Preview
https://www.baltimor...-round-preview/

#64 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

If it wasn't Mother's Day, I'd go to the Towson-Maryland game on Sunday afternoon. Really looking forward to ND-Hopkins too. I'll even watch GOT later on Sunday night for that one.

#65 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:17 PM

Balt Sun: With NCAA tournament game, Maryland and Towson men’s lacrosse to renew rivalry dormant since 2012

https://www.baltimor...0509-story.html

#66 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:26 PM

College Crosse: College Crosse NCAA Tournament Recap: Loyola Storms Back to Defeat Syracuse 15-13

College Crosse: College Crosse NCAA Tournament Recap: Penn Victorious Over Army 13-8
https://www.collegec...y-13-8-lacrosse

#67 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:28 PM

Streaking the Lawn: Virginia Men’s Lacrosse dominates Robert Morris to move on in NCAA tournament

https://www.streakin...s-robert-morris

#68 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

Maryland just won an overtime thriller over #6 Towson, 14-13. Scored the game-tying goal with 3.7 seconds in regulation and scored the game-winner on an intercepted pass. They'll face #3 Virginia next Saturday in the quarterfinals for a chance to play in the Final Four in Philadelphia on Memorial Day weekend.

The Maryland women also won their matchup over Stony Brook and will play Denver in the quarterfinals next weekend.

@BSLZackKiesel

#69 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:28 PM

That Richmond-Duke game was ugly. I've never seen such a sloppy game. Spiders could have won this game if they could execute the fundamentals. On the flipside Duke did not look like the 2 seed.

#70 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:37 AM

Felt like Towson shouldn't have sat on the ball so long at the end of regulation. I get it, but Maryland was going to have enough time to score regardless. Instead, Towson gave themselves barely enough time to get a decent look, and didn't even get a good shot off. Great game though.

TD Ierlan basically controlled the game for Yale. He won 31 of 35 faceoffs? That's crazy. Yale's defense couldn't stop Georgetown's star attackman either. If the faceoffs were even remotely more even, I think Georgetown wins that game.

And Notre Dame gets back their top offensive playmaker after he sat out the entire regular season, and the dude goes off for 3 goals and an assist against Hopkins. Their offense immediately looked better with him on the field. Now we get a Duke-Notre Dame matchup like we saw so much the beginning of this decade.

#71 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:19 AM

FO guy for PSU dominated as well, they won 34 of 38!  Early in the game they had won the first 15 straight.  That's just sick.  Obviously PSU is the better team but you aren't even going to have a chance to win if you  can't get a few FO's.

I've been down on Loyola most of the year, but I think they've got a shot against PSU.  Lets see how they handle expectations.

Sadly I was in the car driving and missed the 4th and OT for Terps/Towson.

#72 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:31 AM

Quarterfinals in NY and CT, who are the adwizards thate came up with that!?!

#73 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:57 PM

Quarterfinals Schedule

Saturday, May 18

Maryland vs. No. 3 Virginia

No. 7 Notre Dame vs. No. 2 Duke

Sunday, May 19

No. 1 Penn State vs. No. 8 Loyola (Maryland)

No. 5 Yale vs. No. 4 Penn

#74 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:36 PM

BSL: Quarterfinals Weekend

https://www.baltimor...rfinal-weekend/

#75 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:00 PM

Well the Terps pissed that one away (they've had trouble finishing games this year).  Yes the Refs absolutely blew it on the game tying goal, but damn you can't give up the last 6 goals like that.  Faceoffs, faceoffs, faceoffs, possession is key and it killed them in the 4th.  Couldn't get the ball and couldn't close it out.

In local news, my daughter's 3rd grade peewee team had a nice win this morning!  Great team effort!!

#76 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

Well the Terps pissed that one away (they've had trouble finishing games this year).  Yes the Refs absolutely blew it on the game tying goal, but damn you can't give up the last 6 goals like that.  Faceoffs, faceoffs, faceoffs, possession is key and it killed them in the 4th.  Couldn't get the ball and couldn't close it out.

In local news, my daughter's 3rd grade peewee team had a nice win this morning!  Great team effort!!

Tough way to lose though.

I guess Lacrosse will be getting replays next year.

Congrats to your daughter/  Do they keep score or did the parents do it for them?

• DuffMan likes this
@mikeghg

#77 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:20 PM

Tough way to lose though.

I guess Lacrosse will be getting replays next year.

Congrats to your daughter/  Do they keep score or did the parents do it for them?

They were talking about replay a bit post game.  I'm not sure if that's a rule that can be implemented right away for next year.  If i remember right there's a process in place for rule changes, I'm not sure if replay would fall under that one or not.  I think it would be a good thing to have though, at least for goal reviews.   Leave the field calls to the officials, but there's no reason they can't take a quick look at goals.

As for my daughter, parents keeps score and so does her coach (I'm an assistant).  At this level the games don't officially count yet, but they know what the score is.  This is the first year where the games are starting to resemble a "real" game and it's been a lot more fun to watch!

#78 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:07 AM

Inside Lacrosse: Robertson's OT Game-Winner Propels Duke to Championship Weekend

#79 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:08 AM

Inside Lacrosse: DIII Semifinal Preview: Three First-Timers, But Plenty of Knowns to Watch For
https://www.insidela...watch-for/54594

#80 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:27 PM

They were talking about replay a bit post game.  I'm not sure if that's a rule that can be implemented right away for next year.  If i remember right there's a process in place for rule changes, I'm not sure if replay would fall under that one or not.  I think it would be a good thing to have though, at least for goal reviews.   Leave the field calls to the officials, but there's no reason they can't take a quick look at goals.

As for my daughter, parents keeps score and so does her coach (I'm an assistant).  At this level the games don't officially count yet, but they know what the score is.  This is the first year where the games are starting to resemble a "real" game and it's been a lot more fun to watch!

It get more fun as the kids get older, but the competitive kids and parents all know the score.

My older son always knew the score, starting in TBall.  Kids would say it was a tie and he would blurt out.  No way, we beat you 13-8.  His mom would try to get him to stop, me not so much.

As for the goals, absolutely should be review.  Yesterday at least to me was pretty obvious.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=