87 replies to this topic

#81 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55,497 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 01:51 PM

I think McKenna's offensive potential is a bit underrated. He's not an all glove, speedy, no stick guy.

I think he's closer to an outfield version of Ryan Flaherty than someone like Brandon Fahey.  Still think he's purely a backup, but he's got a shot at a MLB career.  

#82 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,238 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 01:58 PM

RH David Lough who should have never been handed a starting gig to start the year here in '14. Solid 4th OFer

#83 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,526 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 May 2022 - 02:00 PM

I think McKenna's offensive potential is a bit underrated. He's not an all glove, speedy, no stick guy.

Maybe so, but Elias has drafted a bunch of outfielders. Ryan's chance to prove himself now, because hopefully those at the lower levels should be nipping at his heels.  If not, then we have bigger issues.

@mikeghg

#84 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,238 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 02:03 PM

Maybe so, but Elias has drafted a bunch of outfielders. Ryan's chance to prove himself now, because hopefully those at the lower levels should be nipping at his heels. If not, then we have bigger issues.

McKenna could easily get lost in the shuffle but Id rather have him up here as the 4th OF than Stowers or Neustrom being the one getting 6 ABs a week.

#85 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,526 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 May 2022 - 02:21 PM

McKenna could easily get lost in the shuffle but Id rather have him up here as the 4th OF than Stowers or Neustrom being the one getting 6 ABs a week.

Absolutely.    Neither Stowers or Neustrom are kicking the door in at AAA, but if and when they do make the case, they need to play.  My guess is it will be after we trade Mancini or Santander.

Right now, the next outfielder up might be Diaz, who is back and doing okay.

@mikeghg

#86 makoman

makoman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 02:24 PM

Absolutely.    Neither Stowers or Neustrom are kicking the door in at AAA, but if and when they do make the case, they need to play.  My guess is it will be after we trade Mancini or Santander.

Right now, the next outfielder up might be Diaz, who is back and doing okay.

Diaz went back on the IL this weekend, reinjured his hamstring. Of course.

Agree with what you guys are saying. If someone is going to be on the bench and getting just a handful of PAs a week, I prefer McKenna to those other guys. Let them play every day until someone is traded or really hurt.

#87 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,526 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 May 2022 - 02:27 PM

Diaz went back on the IL this weekend, reinjured his hamstring. Of course.

Agree with what you guys are saying. If someone is going to be on the bench and getting just a handful of PAs a week, I prefer McKenna to those other guys. Let them play every day until someone is traded or really hurt.

I missed that.  I chased grandkids all weekend, did not watch the Orioles or check on the minor league guys.  Sucks for Diaz.

@mikeghg

#88 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 148,578 posts

Posted 02 July 2022 - 09:53 AM

Game Story: McKenna's defense shines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=  width=