St. Frances Academy

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#1081 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:49 AM

13. News starts to trickle out that one DeMatha player has left for SFA before season end, more to follow.

This must be what Rover11 is talking about. Who leaves his team right before the play-offs? odd

Jamal Hood
@BxgMal Nov 11

More

I’ve officially withdrawn from Dematha Catholic , I will be attending St. Frances Academy for the next 2 years of my high school career 1f42f.png! @CoachJustinAR

Well since SFA didn’t have much going they have plenty of time to watch other teams for poaching. Should be ok though since Bill left on such great terms 😂😂😂

#1082 MDHSfootball

MDHSfootball
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:53 AM

DeMatha not letting kids graduate early and SFA does you may see more of this at least among the BCS offered players.  You also end up with a situation like Marshawn Lloyd who just withdrew from DeMatha and will finish up on an online school so he can enroll early..  you spend 3 1/2 years at DeMatha and won't end up with a diploma from there but some online school?  I guess its not really about the diploma from a certain school so much anymore but but getting on the field early and 2 and done too the NFL.. To each his own I guess

#1083 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:34 AM

Was at the CHC event Wed night and heard some interesting things.  Seems SFA is in deep financial trouble and could be on the verge of closing, and the whole Concordia Prep thing came up again. This has been a theme that pops up every now an then, but since CHC people so heavily involved with SFA felt it carried a little more weight.  Did find it odd it was being talked about so openly though. 

Biff is a very wealthy man, but doing that full National thing just isn’t sustainable. Which is why they want back in a league so badly. I’m out of the loop these days, so can’t speak on anything with Concordia. Was told that though over a year ago.

#1084 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:07 PM

DeMatha not letting kids graduate early and SFA does you may see more of this at least among the BCS offered players. You also end up with a situation like Marshawn Lloyd who just withdrew from DeMatha and will finish up on an online school so he can enroll early.. you spend 3 1/2 years at DeMatha and won't end up with a diploma from there but some online school? I guess its not really about the diploma from a certain school so much anymore but but getting on the field early and 2 and done too the NFL.. To each his own I guess

NFL is 3 years from your graduation year
  • Oldtime likes this

#1085 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

NFL is 3 years from your graduation year

Do you realize how slim a chance anyone has making it to the NFL. An education should always be priority one.
  • bob12345 and oldballcoach like this

#1086 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

Do you realize how slim a chance anyone has making it to the NFL. An education should always be priority one.

If that’s what they are selling this will blow up quick

#1087 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:14 PM

I agree was just responding to the 2yr and off to nfl statement

#1088 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:01 AM

Biff is a very wealthy man, but doing that full National thing just isn’t sustainable. Which is why they want back in a league so badly. I’m out of the loop these days, so can’t speak on anything with Concordia. Was told that though over a year ago.

I hear ya but what was being said at CHC he finances 80-90% of the school. That’s has to be close to 4-5 million a year just on a platform for your national title quest? But he did pay for UM to go Italy so he could be on staff so I can see it. You were dead on about the Concord prep this seems to be growing legs again, coming from a Balt county coach also. Could be way Biff was so pissed Brooks got the job an not Russell, who he was pushing.

#1089 MDHSfootball

MDHSfootball
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:05 PM

Wonder if Poggs gets after PrepNation on twitter they just dropped them from 3 to 6.. .. Maybe they can find him a game 

The National Prep Poll is second only to the USA Today Super 25 as the longest continually published weekly high school rankings. While a product of World Features Syndicate (1987-2015), the National Prep Poll was the only high school poll distributed to newspapers and websites around the United States by the Associated Press.

#1090 MDHSfootball

MDHSfootball
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:42 PM

As predicted.. Duncanville overtakes SFA they drop to 4th.. St Thomas Aquinas is next after they win the real Florida State Championship...SFA now #3 in all 3 computer polls and the human polls have them 4-6...

Poll Compilation

https://docs.google....ufxg2r/pubhtml#

#1091 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:47 PM

As predicted.. Duncanville overtakes SFA they drop to 4th.. St Thomas Aquinas is next after they win the real Florida State Championship...SFA now #3 in all 3 computer polls and the human polls have them 4-6...

Poll Compilation
https://docs.google....ufxg2r/pubhtml#

Another top 5 finish, congratulations to the Panthers. That’s outstanding.
  • ShoNuff07 likes this
@aka_themamba

#1092 MDHSfootball

MDHSfootball
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:28 AM

Another top 5 finish, congratulations to the Panthers. That’s outstanding.

They may not be done yet. There is an outside chance the GEICO games call on them but only if they can't find a marketable State Champion match-up.

If St Thomas wins this week then it's a lock they play St Louis (HI) @ Bishop Gordon Dec. 21st.

So it comes down to what the teams out West want to do. I do know they won't travel East.. Arizona, Utah, Nevada and Washington.. Only Chandler(AZ) has the cache as far as ESPN 300 recruits being that Bishop Gorman lost their state championship in like the first time in forever. . At the end of the day that is what HS games on ESPN are about the recruits and what college they are going to not the schools themselves.  Maybe GEICO does a double header at Gorman out West..

Maybe GEICO could add a third game in the East which then it would come down to would they want a FLA 2nd tier team vs a GA power  but the FLA teams other than STA aren't really interested their kids are already onto winter sports in the smaller schools..  or maybe .. just maybe The Devil will be going back down to Georgia.. lol  long shot but I know if ESPN had its way a Lowdes (GA) vs SFA would be tough to pass up.. Too many recruits and that is what gets the viewership..

SO who has the power to break the only State Champion rule? Paragon Marketing who is really pushing for a real national high school championship someday and the big pay-out and really wants it to be about the schools/teams or ESPN who is all about their Top 300 HS players and NCAA football?  we shall see

First things first though we will have to see what champs from GA,FLA,AZ,NV,UT or WA even are willing to play 3 weeks from now... 

#1093 Oil Can

Oil Can
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:07 PM

#1094 MDHSfootball

MDHSfootball
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:26 AM

GEICO starting to look a little closer for SFA... Both games are scheduled for 12/20 and 12/21 at Bishop Gorman in Vegas..

12/21 Will be St Thomas Aquinas ( FLA) vs St Louis (HI) *if St Thomas wins this week.. 

12/20 is not decided.. Chandler(AZ) has declined. Looks like Corner Canyon (UT) will decline as well. 

GA - 7A Championship.. Lowndes vs Marietta-- Lowndes is the favorite but they have also declined. The other GA teams won't play SFA due to what they saw last year vs Lee..

FL- possible champions to go.. STA, Jones or Edgewater

WA- Eastside Catholic

Wildcard - SFA

What is working in SFA's favor is the public schools will all mostly decline as they won't have the funding nor time to hold a fundraiser for the trip also its bad time for the kids to miss a week of school. GEICO pays for like 75 coaches and players so the publics would either have to pay for the rest of the team or leave some behind.. Publics won't sign off on not everyone being able to go thats if they can get the board to approve the trip to begin with..Only reason Lee did it last year is it was at their home stadium.  

If STA loses ( very long shot) you may see SFA vs St Louis (if St Louis would go along with that, they have publicly stated they want to play STA) or maybe SFA vs Eastern Catholic if EC is game but that would be a blow out.. 

Also St Thomas has not committed to going either .. That could be just not wanting to jinx their ship after losing last year or maybe a funding thing..

Personally I think this whole GEICO thing is a waste of time and money for what has turned out be exhibition games that really don't do much in the rankings.. Without Texas,California, PA, OH etc... involved it useless.. 

#1095 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:21 AM

GEICO starting to look a little closer for SFA... Both games are scheduled for 12/20 and 12/21 at Bishop Gorman in Vegas..

12/21 Will be St Thomas Aquinas ( FLA) vs St Louis (HI) *if St Thomas wins this week..
12/20 is not decided.. Chandler(AZ) has declined. Looks like Corner Canyon (UT) will decline as well.

GA - 7A Championship.. Lowndes vs Marietta-- Lowndes is the favorite but they have also declined. The other GA teams won't play SFA due to what they saw last year vs Lee..

FL- possible champions to go.. STA, Jones or Edgewater

WA- Eastside Catholic

Wildcard - SFA

What is working in SFA's favor is the public schools will all mostly decline as they won't have the funding nor time to hold a fundraiser for the trip also its bad time for the kids to miss a week of school. GEICO pays for like 75 coaches and players so the publics would either have to pay for the rest of the team or leave some behind.. Publics won't sign off on not everyone being able to go thats if they can get the board to approve the trip to begin with..Only reason Lee did it last year is it was at their home stadium.

If STA loses ( very long shot) you may see SFA vs St Louis (if St Louis would go along with that, they have publicly stated they want to play STA) or maybe SFA vs Eastern Catholic if EC is game but that would be a blow out..

Also St Thomas has not committed to going either .. That could be just not wanting to jinx their ship after losing last year or maybe a funding thing..

Personally I think this whole GEICO thing is a waste of time and money for what has turned out be exhibition games that really don't do much in the rankings.. Without Texas,California, PA, OH etc... involved it useless..

Thanks for update but yes agree it is winter sports season these games are a waste

#1096 MDHSfootball

MDHSfootball
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for update but yes agree it is winter sports season these games are a waste

Word is SFA is out.. Finals and all plus nothing to gain.. Going to be a bunch of out west teams no one has heard of lol.. like you said its hoops and rastlin' season..

Besides Texas will be playing their state championships that weekend .. if you need your HS football fix that would be much better football and far more exciting..

#1097 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:56 AM

Word is SFA is out.. Finals and all plus nothing to gain.. Going to be a bunch of out west teams no one has heard of lol.. like you said its hoops and rastlin' season..

Besides Texas will be playing their state championships that weekend .. if you need your HS football fix that would be much better football and far more exciting..

I saw the teams selected for this event, was SFA picked over or did they pull out?  I would think playing either the #13, 6, or 3rd team in the nation would be a lot to gain and it being on national tv.  With the platform and pitch SFA is operating on as a national program I would think they would jump all over this.  Would really like to see that SFA STA match, even more so since they're both Fl state champs. 

#1098 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:17 PM

Former SFA player charged with attempted murder on former classmate. Horrible story. Hopefully the kid can get himself together, bright future thrown away. https://www.espn.com...assault-charges

#1099 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:01 PM

Former SFA player charged with attempted murder on former classmate. Horrible story. Hopefully the kid can get himself together, bright future thrown away. https://www.espn.com...assault-charges

Over an ex-girlfriend. Just sad all around. Unfortunately the kid had been in trouble in the past at SJC and this past spring. Oregon wasn't going to sign him earlier in the spring for who knows what reason. 

Also, Eyabi got kicked off his second team. 

#1100 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:15 PM

Over an ex-girlfriend. Just sad all around. Unfortunately the kid had been in trouble in the past at SJC and this past spring. Oregon wasn't going to sign him earlier in the spring for who knows what reason.

Also, Eyabi got kicked off his second team.

Article said he never applied for admission to Oregon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=